PDA

View Full Version : HGUC Kampfer

Asterisk
December 11, 2010, 12:55 PM
I've had this kit for a while now. I want to say I got it the same week it was available through our beloved GSAM. After doing the basic detail to be mostly show accurate, I let it sit on my shelf, in it's box, wherever it was convenient. After getting the green Rick Dom II, completing 0080's lineup of Zeon mobile suits (sans Hygogg, which I don't particularly care for) I opted to give them respectable paint jobs.

I've decided to give it a bit of a custom touch, forgoing the yellow in the verniers for gray, with some added spots of black. I've also drilled out the ventilation on the back. Would have done the arms too, but I was worried about mucking it up.
As usual, pictures are crappy, since my lighting sucks and I'm a terrible photographer.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Avyrex/SAM_0002.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Avyrex/SAM_0004-2.jpg

While I'm at it, here's the aforementioned Rick Dom II

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Avyrex/rsz_sam_0005.jpg

SilverFrameAstray
December 11, 2010, 4:16 PM
Ich liebe das blau on diese kampfer. (I love the blue on that fighter/kapfer)

It looks good though, very clean. The lighting isn't that bad actually.

Asterisk
December 11, 2010, 5:53 PM
it's actually a much darker blue than the pictures show. I'll show you sooner or later. I'm getting pretty decent results from just using testors paint and hand brushing, I think.

SilverFrameAstray
December 11, 2010, 9:26 PM
True enough. I literally just went over both Carbon and Silver Frame. I sanded the connections down so that they fit better without seam lines and I repainted a bit of them. I went over the white on Carbon Frame and re-panel lined it.

I'm definitely going to be hand painting my epyon after I get some primer. I don't feel like doing 8 billion layers of white on him.

I also retouched some damage on Guntank, and I cleaned up my brother's first grade Blaze Zaku Phantom, which looks much cleaner now.

Regardless if the blue is actually darker, it looks nice and solid.

Zeta-G
December 12, 2010, 12:34 AM
They look great as always, asterisk. Seriously though, you don't like the Hy-Gogg? :shock:

squeam
December 12, 2010, 7:47 AM
Those look smooth, asterisk. I can't find a single little flaw in either----you have a nice style that I would like to have. My hands shake too much :) I hafta to agree with Zeta-G: no love for Hy-Gogg? Is it the kit and its arms?

Asterisk
December 13, 2010, 6:29 AM
I guess it isn't so much that I don't like the Hygogg, that it's not as high on my list of priorities as other kits are.

As for the Kampfer, I'm pretty much done now, just need to do it's weapons and some minor detailing. Pics to come.

squeam
January 10, 2011, 6:35 AM
The mouse-clicky-spend-way-too-much-money-on-Gunpla finger is gettin mighty itchy for this HGUC Kampfer. Why you gotta make him look so good?

Asterisk
January 10, 2011, 10:00 AM
Because I'm awesome like that.