PDA

View Full Version : Zeta's WIP

Zeta
March 16, 2013, 6:16 PM
So with my latest acquisition I've decided to start my own Work in Progress page since I'm taking my time with my HGUC Re-GZ. The detailing on this kit is incredible for a High Grade. Sorry images are lousy, I used my phone camera. I need to get something better.

Zeta
March 17, 2013, 1:53 AM
It is done! I have to say, quite impressive for a High Grade. The thrusters on the legs and front skirt armor gave enough room to give the inside a yellow trim followed by black. I used gray for panel lining as the gray sort of blends into the teal rather stand out like black. Overall, a very good kit.

Dlinker
March 17, 2013, 12:58 PM
How's the articulation on it? Looks like the ankles may be hindered, but everything else looks normal.

Ume
March 18, 2013, 12:22 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong but does this kit also transform? I though I saw one at the convention I was at this weekend and considered getting it just because it did so. Also, nice choice with the grey lining, it definitely suits the teal as you said vs black. :3

Kenico
March 18, 2013, 12:29 AM
Its a parts former. using a backpack to complete the transformation from MS to Waverider. its a very sturdy kit (seeing i own and custom painted my own :p) and the ankles are very flexible in spite of their location. the only thing I personally dislike about it is the rifle (and its only the aesthetics of it :p) this thing is an awesome kit and i reccomend it to anyone. As for Zetas, im curious what youre gonna do to it? Straight build, custom paint, etc?

Zeta
March 19, 2013, 9:37 PM
How's the articulation on it? Looks like the ankles may be hindered, but everything else looks normal.

Believe it or not, the legs are double jointed and can perform nearly a 180 bend.

Zeta
March 19, 2013, 9:39 PM
Its a parts former. using a backpack to complete the transformation from MS to Waverider. its a very sturdy kit (seeing i own and custom painted my own :p) and the ankles are very flexible in spite of their location. the only thing I personally dislike about it is the rifle (and its only the aesthetics of it :p) this thing is an awesome kit and i reccomend it to anyone. As for Zetas, im curious what youre gonna do to it? Straight build, custom paint, etc?

I just did a Straight build with extra detailing. Best High Grade I've ever bought!

thwalker13
March 19, 2013, 9:39 PM
Great looking kit man. You do some good work.

Zeta
March 21, 2013, 1:02 AM
Some I'm thinking about to get for my next kit. I kind of want another High Grade and something Zeoninc; something like the HGUC Gelgoog Jager or the HGUC Gouf Custom. What do you guys think?

Exia
March 21, 2013, 1:59 AM
All I've heard are good things regarding the Gouf Custom.

thwalker13
March 21, 2013, 9:46 AM
Same here. I'd go with the Gouf Custom. All the reviews makes it out to be a really great kit.

Brotzmann
March 21, 2013, 11:34 AM
I'll also vote for the Gouf Custom.

Dlinker
March 21, 2013, 1:55 PM
Another vote for the Gouf Custom here. I read nothing but praise for it.

Ume
March 21, 2013, 2:13 PM
Gouf Custom! ( my fav MS )

Zeta
March 21, 2013, 2:29 PM
Gouf Custom it is!

Zeta
April 7, 2014, 2:08 PM
It's been a while since I last updated here, but I thought I'd put a post in because I'm in the planning process of creating my own custom Gunpla using the Gelgoog Jager as a base. I call it... the Gelgoog Strum Jager (translation: Assault Hunter).

Dlinker
April 7, 2014, 3:02 PM
Custom Gelgoog, huh? Color me interested. If you happen to have any sketches or diagrams, I hope you post them up, haha.

Zeta
April 7, 2014, 3:18 PM
Well, I've got some ideas. I'm going to increase the Gelgoog Jager's CQC ability by replacing the beam spot guns on the forearms for beam sabers (though they can still act as beam spot guns if they are still in the forearms). I'm also going to modify the large beam machine gun by giving it a select-fire option (like a modern assault rifle has a semi-auto and full-auto mode) so that I can switch between single shot and rapid fire modes. Finally, I'm going to mount a shield on it in order to increase its defense.

thwalker13
April 7, 2014, 3:21 PM
Sounds like a pretty cool project good sir.

Bossguy
April 7, 2014, 3:25 PM
That's a neat idea. You're definitely putting some real thought into it.

Zeta
April 7, 2014, 3:38 PM
My style for custom works is to make them as multipurpose as I can. Though right now, I need the necessary tools before I can start. Not just the kits, but also the Zeon set of Gundam Markers, a red-brown lining marker, a pair of tweezers, and sandpaper of varying grits.

IamZero
April 7, 2014, 3:51 PM
Definitely keep us updated. I'm just venturing out into customizing my builds too, so it'd be great to see how you're going to pull it off.

Zeta
May 13, 2014, 3:16 PM
So for now I have put both my Airmaster Varia and Gelgoog Jaeger Special on hold to build up my skills as a Gunpla Builder. My current project right now is the completion of my latest acquisition, the HGAC Wing Gundam ZERO. So far I have completed the arms, shoulders, head, torso, Twin Buster Rifles, and Shield. I've got to say, the molds Bandai printed for this kit are really good. My only complaint against it is the stickers for the shield and the TBR's are a little difficult to put on. Later down the line I plan to paint those using some masking tape and brushes.

thwalker13
May 13, 2014, 4:02 PM
Sounds like you've got some pretty good progress done. Any pictures?

Zeta
May 13, 2014, 4:18 PM
Sounds like you've got some pretty good progress done. Any pictures?

Yeah I took some with my phone and tried to e-mail them to my e-mail address, but it didn't work. I also forgot to mention that I got a foot done last night.

Zaku
May 13, 2014, 4:54 PM
Man i didnt even know you had a WIP. This Gelgoog of yours sounds very interesting. Im assuming its going to be a 1/144 because they dont make a 1/100 Gelgoog Jäger. Or are you going to get a 2.0 and do some real serious modifying? That would be so bad ass. Lol. You should go with option B. Would be so sweet.
Also you should give Tinypic.com a try. Thats where i go to upload my images. Works real good to

Zeta
May 13, 2014, 5:13 PM
Man i didnt even know you had a WIP. This Gelgoog of yours sounds very interesting. Im assuming its going to be a 1/144 because they dont make a 1/100 Gelgoog Jäger. Or are you going to get a 2.0 and do some real serious modifying? That would be so bad ass. Lol. You should go with option B. Would be so sweet.
Also you should give Tinypic.com a try. Thats where i go to upload my images. Works real good to

Yeah, it's going to be a slightly modified HGUC Gelgoog Jaeger. Although option B does sound kind of kick-ass; I'll look into Tinypic as anything is better than the method I currently use.

Zaku
May 13, 2014, 5:24 PM
Yea i dont blame you. Ive got more courage than sense though with what im doing to this poor MG Gelgoog. I really should be practicing on 1/144 kits. And not sixty dollar MGs. You could also do a grenade rack on the Gelgoog your building. Make some stick grenades out of scrap runner with poly caps stuck on the ends. I did that for my Zaku. I just never got around to making a rack. You could make one out of a pice of wire. And have them just sit in their like the Sturm Faust do in their mounts.

Zeta
May 19, 2014, 2:40 PM
Finally finished my HGAC Wing gundam ZERO and I have to say, for a small kit it has a lot of detail... for a High Grade. Going to try and upload some photos later as i can't right now.

Zaku
September 26, 2014, 6:08 PM
Lets see those pics! Lol

Zeta
September 26, 2014, 10:21 PM
It's been a while since I posted here. I'll see what I can do. I actually have a small backlog going on (namely a HGUC Gundam NT-1 I got from Kenico that I haven't built yet).

Zaku
September 27, 2014, 6:05 PM
Well ill be lurkin. Lol

Zeta
March 17, 2015, 12:45 PM
Got some work done on my HGUC Gundam 'Alex' I got in a trade from Kenico. Detailing all of those Vernier thrusters in both yellow and black was an absolute pain. The worst offender were the two smaller chest vents that are above the main ones. I'll post some pictures later (computer and internet connection willing).