PDA

View Full Version : Zaku II 144/RG

ronpage29
March 15, 2013, 11:16 PM
Man am I impressed! I never used to like 1/144 scale models due to their size snd I assumed they would just be a quick build! I am in love with this kit! Still a WIP becausei need to still build the weapons, panel line, finish the decals and top coat matte! Cleaning the nubs on this is extremely tedious and in some cases like the thruster I just couldn't clean them yet! Amazing kit all in all!

ronpage29
March 16, 2013, 12:09 AM
Weapons finished! A tad disappointed with the heat hawk though! Regardless still a great kit!

Dlinker
March 16, 2013, 12:57 AM
Looking good so far. I'm not seeing any nubs; either you did well in removing them or did well in hiding them and either one is a good thing, haha.

ronpage29
March 16, 2013, 5:21 AM
Thanks for the compliments! The photo quality is poor but there are only a few nubs the i just couldnt get due to such small pieces and not having all thw tools rigjt now. Yeah the zaku colors clean up surprisingly well! This is my first Zaku model and I use to absolutely hate the design of them yet recently I've grown to love it! I intended to paint it but I liked the oob colors on this one so just a LOT of sanding!

Jfl0
March 16, 2013, 6:43 AM
Looks great. This kit has been on my to get list. I love the detail at 1/144, especially inner frame. That's boss. I also cannot see any nub marks :p Bandai Engineering post 2010 has been freaking fantastic eh?

ronpage29
March 16, 2013, 8:08 AM
Oh yeah! The parts for the inner frame were all molded together. At first I was disappointed thinking I wouldn't be building the inner frame. I had no idea that those parts move and everything! Just the legs took me 2 and a half hours. I was sanding nubs off but still!

Dlinker
March 16, 2013, 2:07 PM
I think it's admirable that you took your time with it instead of rushing. You could have broken some of the inner frame pieces and then you'll be in trouble, haha. Keep an eye out for the wrist piece. Another person here (thwalker13) recently built the Char version and found it annoying how it's free-floating, not really attached to anything.

thwalker13
March 16, 2013, 5:57 PM
Looks really great man. Did it come with the commanders antenna or did you add that yourself?

ronpage29
March 16, 2013, 7:20 PM
It was all straight from the box! It included two head tops.... one fir just a normal grunt zaku, a commander, and honestly I am not sure what the third piece was for!