PDA

View Full Version : Scribing Custom Panel Lines

Edimasta
March 13, 2013, 8:03 AM
Help :D

I once saw a tool with which you could scribe your own panel lines on a Gundam, was kinda hook-shaped... but I don't know what it was, can't find it anymore. Anyone can help me what tool to use for scribing panel lines and where to get it online?

Is there maybe a tutorial to watch?

Thank you :)

mechbasket
March 13, 2013, 10:03 AM
Hi Edimasta,

I think the tool you were looking at is the Tamiya Plastic Scribber II. I bought mine off of amazon, but I'm sure you can find it else and maybe at a better price. Here's a link to the product page on amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Tamiya-74091-Plastic-Scriber-II/dp/B002KKBVTC/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1363183125&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=tamiya+plastic+scribber

Here's a nice vid discussing how to scribe panel lines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at_HZtVa1NQ&feature=share&list=PLC1672C46F266F336

Hope this all helps!

Edimasta
March 13, 2013, 12:35 PM
Ah yeah that was it, many thx mechbasket!

Already ordered... hrhrhrhr excited how it will work out for me :D

Dlinker
March 13, 2013, 2:10 PM
Better than your standard hobby knife that's for sure, haha. I have one and been using it for some time now. I wish they had a smaller one, for smaller kits. The lines it makes are kinda big on certain surfaces.

mechbasket
March 14, 2013, 12:08 AM
No problem, Edimasta. Glad I could help. As suggested in the video, I went out and bought myself some Dymo tape and found it to be really really helpful as a guide. I definitely recommend you buy a pack or bum a roll from someone you know. But if you're careful and keep a steady hand you could go without it. Best of luck with the panel lines! :)

Edimasta
March 19, 2013, 5:05 AM
Giving it a try today on the S-Gundam... also had a cool idea for the small wings he uses on his back but I am afraid of cutting something out / off and reshaping it, not sure if it will glue back together and hold... anyone knows that feeling? :D :D