PDA

View Full Version : Master Grade Champions

squeam
December 6, 2010, 8:10 PM
I know there aren't a whole lot of us regulars, but I'd like to see what you all think. I'm going to try to go through the years and discuss what MG would be "Master Grade of the Year". You can change your vote if you wish, though I would rather everyone pitched around their faves and reason on why a kit is MGOTY.

squeam
December 6, 2010, 8:12 PM
It has to be Gundam. Easy. It's the first.

Zeta-G
December 6, 2010, 9:12 PM
Zaku; it's more anime accurate looking than the RX-78-2 (Version 1). I have both the RX-78-2 and the (grunt) Zaku in MG form, but it's my RX-78-2 that will be replaced by the version 2.0 one day, not my (grunt) Zaku.

squeam
December 6, 2010, 9:31 PM
I agree that the Zaku is less flawed than the Gundam. It can be said that since the Zaku was the "first" MS, the MG version of it should be the best first MG. I just think being the first in the line makes it the best of the year. But that's just one person's opinion.

Advice wanted: do I start a new thread for each year? On one hand, I hate making needless threads; but with the ability to only do on poll per thread and the fact that a lot of posts can take place in each release year, it may be necessary to do so.

Zeta-G
December 6, 2010, 9:34 PM
I agree that the Zaku is less flawed than the Gundam. It can be said that since the Zaku was the "first" MS, the MG version of it should be the best first MG. I just think being the first in the line makes it the best of the year. But that's just one person's opinion.

Advice wanted: do I start a new thread for each year? On one hand, I hate making needless threads; but with the ability to only do on poll per thread and the fact that a lot of posts can take place in each year, it may be necessary to do so.
Maybe you should ask Mickey in the Help and Feedback forum if he can tweak the limits like he did for the picture limit.

Also I wasn't trying to say that you were wrong for disagreeing with me; I was just explaining the rationale behind my pick.

squeam
December 6, 2010, 9:45 PM

Advice wanted: do I start a new thread for each year? On one hand, I hate making needless threads; but with the ability to only do on poll per thread and the fact that a lot of posts can take place in each year, it may be necessary to do so.
Maybe you should ask Mickey in the Help and Feedback forum if he can tweak the limits like he did for the picture limit.

Also I wasn't trying to say that you were wrong for disagreeing with me; I was just explaining the rationale behind my pick.

Good idea. Don't worry bout me being "wrong": I WANT to get everyone's take. Sorry if my response came across confrontational.

ZeonPeon
February 24, 2011, 10:23 AM
Definately the MG Char's Zaku II. I have it, and it is wonderful. Still need some of Asterisk's glue for one of his face pipes. Really, the pipes were the only problem, and that was only because they kept moving around, falling off, you know, the annoying bits.