PDA

View Full Version : Lego!

NanoSpore
December 5, 2010, 6:21 PM
They closed Legoland at the Mall of America to do some remodeling. The store reopened on Saturday and check out the new addition.
Looks familiar... ;) [attachment=0:zui3wee5]IMG_5611.jpg[/attachment:zui3wee5]

I'll bring my camera next time for some better pictures. Phones only go so far.

SilverFrameAstray
December 5, 2010, 6:55 PM
That's only kind of awesome.

I think I'm going to start making a lego RX-78 now that this is here.

Asterisk
December 6, 2010, 7:42 AM
I WISH I could claim these as my own, but no. =/

[attachment=1:20th0zm3]rx78.jpg[/attachment:20th0zm3]
[attachment=0:20th0zm3]factory.jpg[/attachment:20th0zm3]

squeam
December 6, 2010, 9:25 AM
Hey everyone! I'm back from vacation. Instantly was drawn to this Lego thread! Check this guy out, his work is unbelievable:

http://www.youtube.com/user/torriares

N7R
December 6, 2010, 12:52 PM
those lego gundams are awesome =)

SilverFrameAstray
December 6, 2010, 4:11 PM
Here, I found Heavyarms

Zeta-G
December 6, 2010, 5:43 PM
I thought I'd point out that there is (or at least was) a line of Gundam Mega Block kits in Japan, including the Zaku and the Zeta. And yes, I know that mega blocks /= LEGO, but they are similar enough, so I don't see it as off topic.

squeam
December 6, 2010, 6:38 PM
Mega Blocks=TT Hongli Lego

Zeta-G
December 6, 2010, 9:26 PM
Mega Blocks=TT Hongli Lego
Surely you meant that as a joke. :)

Mega Bloks has defeated LEGO's infringement lawsuits against it in both the Canadian (Mega Bloks is Canadian) and European (LEGO is European) supreme courts. While it may be funny to compare Mega Bloks to TT Hongli as jab against their quality, keep in mind that Mega Bloks is a legitimate business, while TT Hongli is a producer of illegal knockoffs. 8-)

squeam
December 6, 2010, 9:58 PM
Yeah, it was a jab at quality. Not even Mega Blocks deserves to be viewed from a business standpoint as lowly as the dirty scum TT Hongli.

N7R
December 6, 2010, 10:30 PM
lol I remember mega blocks, Had a few sets of those and then all my legos. I loved my legos way more.

squeam
December 6, 2010, 10:34 PM
'Member this: "Laay-gooo-maayy-nee-uuuuuhhhh.....LEGOMANIA!!" :lol:

squeam
January 10, 2011, 5:32 PM
So my boy threw a big Duplo bear at me yesterday and gave me a giant bruise on my forehead. Lego hurts!

Zeta-G
January 10, 2011, 11:54 PM
So my boy threw a big Duplo bear at me yesterday and gave me a giant bruise on my forehead. Lego hurts!
It could have been worse; he could have hit you somewhere else with it. I hope he didn't hurt you too badly. :)

squeam
January 11, 2011, 7:17 AM
Nah, just the head (nothing to crucial to me). I was kind of weirdly proud that 1) he threw it very well and 2) he was playing with Legos. I have noticed, though, that those DUPLO blocks are even more simple than they used to be. If you think of it, just glance at the new DUPLO sets next time you're at the store. They are like 5 pieces to a kit, esp the officially licensed sets (Cars, Toy Story, etc.); they're like action figure sets with vehicles---no way to build alternate things. It's a little disappointing.

SilverFrameAstray
January 11, 2011, 10:47 PM
Nah, just the head (nothing to crucial to me). I was kind of weirdly proud that 1) he threw it very well and 2) he was playing with Legos. I have noticed, though, that those DUPLO blocks are even more simple than they used to be. If you think of it, just glance at the new DUPLO sets next time you're at the store. They are like 5 pieces to a kit, esp the officially licensed sets (Cars, Toy Story, etc.); they're like action figure sets with vehicles---no way to build alternate things. It's a little disappointing.

I know right? And nice for having such a win kid. Future pitcher?

On a similar topic, there is this awesome wiimote I found actually. It's made by lego, and it has a ton of area where you can just stack on a bunch of stuff. I don't think it's effective for gameplay unless you use the flats, but it was cool.

squeam
January 11, 2011, 10:51 PM
Seen it, considered it, will buy after Tron Wiimote. I have the red Super Mario Wii, that I've decaled up into the Char Aznable Custom Wii.

SilverFrameAstray
January 13, 2011, 12:30 AM
Seen it, considered it, will buy after Tron Wiimote. I have the red Super Mario Wii, that I've decaled up into the Char Aznable Custom Wii.

Winsecks~ Yeah. I just thought it was a wonderful idea. Now what you need to do, is buy a red wiimote, put a command horn on it, and just paint a basic monoeye and visor on it. THAT would be intense.

squeam
January 13, 2011, 7:26 AM
MS-Wiimote S :)

ziljin
January 15, 2011, 8:26 PM
I see a lot of gundam model features in that mech. Does that qualify as copyright infringement lol?

Well recently I have taken a break from gunpla and bought lots of Lego. But I haven't made much of them so far. I tried building my own mechs but they turned out ugly and I got discouraged.

squeam
January 16, 2011, 4:52 PM
Was there ever any better cross-franchise deal than Lego Star Wars? I mean, they are made for each other.

Zeta-G
January 16, 2011, 5:06 PM
Was there ever any better cross-franchise deal than Lego Star Wars? I mean, they are made for each other.
King Kong Vs Godzilla (thanks for screwing the sequel Universal... :evil: ).
Alien Vs Predator (mostly talking about the games and comics over the years).
And for the kids, there was that one time the Ninja turtles showed up in Power Rangers (and yes I hope it brings up memories of how bad it was).
I don't mind that there are Lego kits of Star Wars crap, but the games are stupid.

squeam
January 17, 2011, 9:28 PM
Serendipity strikes again! My wife bought me and my son (mostly me) a MIDI scale Lego Star Destroyer last night. On sale! Oh, how I love her and her acceptance of my man-child ways.

Zeta-G
January 17, 2011, 9:35 PM
Serendipity strikes again! My wife bought me and my son (mostly me) a MIDI scale Lego Star Destroyer last night. On sale! Oh, how I love her and her acceptance of my man-child ways.
Imperial, Victory, or the weird one from the prequels/cw?

squeam
January 17, 2011, 9:59 PM
Ah, good question. Interestingly enough, the box has a Clone Trooper (what a stupidly awkward name), but the ship is indeed a classic Imperial-style Kuat Drive Yards Star Destroyer. 493 pieces of plastic fun await me!

Zeta-G
January 17, 2011, 10:14 PM
Ah, good question. Interestingly enough, the box has a Clone Trooper (what a stupidly awkward name), but the ship is indeed a classic Imperial-style Kuat Drive Yards Star Destroyer. 493 pieces of plastic fun await me!
Kuat Drive Yards was awesome. Oh how I miss the classic galactic civil war era... stupid clone wars crap. We should probably have a Star Wars thread somewhere.

squeam
May 12, 2011, 10:46 PM
You all need to go here: http://www.minifigcustoms.com/customs/minifigs/list/123 This person is genius!

Zeta
May 12, 2011, 11:09 PM
Oh My G.O.D.!!!!!! That is totally genius!!! If those were real and on retail, I would totally buy the Char and Quattro ones. Now only if they had Lego Gundam sets...

squeam
May 13, 2011, 6:02 AM
I love the "Master Paptimus" one. I hear you on the Lego/Gundam deal...in a perfect world it would happen. Have you seen the unfortunate Mega Blocks Gundams? So sad...

Zeta
May 13, 2011, 4:04 PM
I love the "Master Paptimus" one. I hear you on the Lego/Gundam deal...in a perfect world it would happen. Have you seen the unfortunate Mega Blocks Gundams? So sad...

Really? Mega Blocks suck. Sure they can mold parts that Lego can't but it's just not the same. Their plastic fells different than Lego's

ZeonPeon
May 20, 2011, 9:46 AM
I found some more Lego mobile suits for this thread!
[attachment=4:32pyl065]lego1.jpg[/attachment:32pyl065]
[attachment=3:32pyl065]lego2.jpg[/attachment:32pyl065]
[attachment=2:32pyl065]lego3.jpg[/attachment:32pyl065]
[attachment=1:32pyl065]lego4.jpg[/attachment:32pyl065]
[attachment=0:32pyl065]lego5.jpg[/attachment:32pyl065]

Kamari13
May 20, 2011, 2:00 PM
:shock: :shock: I must have those drools

Zeta
May 20, 2011, 2:12 PM
Wait a second...those aren't Legos!!! They're Mega Blocks!!! Were these the sets you mentioned SFA?

ZeonPeon
May 20, 2011, 4:39 PM
No, I'm pretty sure they are Legos, they have odd new pieces, but I positive they aren't Mega Blocks.

GNzaku0023
May 21, 2011, 1:07 AM
Sorry ZP, but those are megablocks.
Seen those exact sets at target a while back.

SilverFrameAstray
May 21, 2011, 1:52 AM
Sorry ZP, but those are megablocks.
Seen those exact sets at target a while back.

I don't know so much as them being at target, but you can clearly see char isn't as sharp as lego people are. Especially in the legs. The legs on legos tend to be rectangular and not rounded.

ZeonPeon
May 21, 2011, 10:29 AM
Darn It1 Oh well, they still look cool, and that's the point.

squeam
December 13, 2011, 9:29 PM
Hey everyone, wanna have fun playing with a super-posable, sick-looking, 6-legged monster of doom? Go get a Hero Factory Waspix!http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Hero-Factory-WASPIX-2231/dp/B004P973D4

Got one for the boy and I think he's gonna hafta fight me for it! It is seriously cool.

SilverFrameAstray
December 14, 2011, 8:33 AM
Hey everyone, wanna have fun playing with a super-posable, sick-looking, 6-legged monster of doom? Go get a Hero Factory Waspix!http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Hero-Factory-WASPIX-2231/dp/B004P973D4

Got one for the boy and I think he's gonna hafta fight me for it! It is seriously cool.

What in G.O.D.'s name is THAT. What ever happened to the awesome, original bionicles my dad gave me and my brother every christmas.

Asterisk
December 14, 2011, 8:45 AM
Long since dead, friend.

squeam
December 14, 2011, 9:31 AM
Yeah, they kinda evolved (or de-volved depending on how you look at it) into the Hero Factory line. Most aren't that great, but this bee is a barrel of fun! Also, there is dinosaur looking one that we will probably be getting as well that looks decent.

Polaris Gundam
December 14, 2011, 3:28 PM
man... Legos are the Shiz!

Asterisk
December 14, 2011, 3:30 PM
I still have a fairly massive box of Lego for when Emily is old enough.

Or when I feel like messing with them. Whichever comes first.

squeam
February 8, 2012, 5:07 PM
Check out the latest set of blind bag minifigs:

Red
February 8, 2012, 5:50 PM
Did....did they change the legs on the people? They look more spread out and natural.

ItsVince725
February 8, 2012, 6:26 PM
I want that robot badly.

squeam
February 8, 2012, 7:40 PM
Did....did they change the legs on the people? They look more spread out and natural.

Nah, this is just the concept art. The figures are still constructed the same, although these get unique color apps, special printing and exclusive accessories.

And, Vince, I don't care how many I have to buy til I get one, I WILL own the robot.

Wiltonican
February 28, 2012, 2:42 AM
How many official Lego Gundam kits are out there? I think I've only seen 2.

squeam
February 28, 2012, 6:45 AM
Actually, there are no true "Lego" Gundam sets. The company Mega Bloks made at least 3 sets: RX-78-2 Gundam, Char's Zaku, and normal Zaku. They are pretty inferior to Lego, as most Mega Bloks are.

Minifigure update: as of right now, my brother and I have purchased around 40 blind bags from Series 7 and so far neither of us has got a robot...it is getting ridiculous!

thwalker13
February 28, 2012, 8:54 AM
I used to have a ton of lego filling a giant rubbermade box. I had all kinds of different sets. And I didn't even know that Mega Bloks made a Gundam set.

Pretty sad Squeam about the robot. I guess Lego knew it would be the most popular and made it rarest of them all.

Wiltonican
February 28, 2012, 2:24 PM
Minifigure update: as of right now, my brother and I have purchased around 40 blind bags from Series 7 and so far neither of us has got a robot...it is getting ridiculous!

Uh.. I don't think there are any robots in Series 7. Only in Series 6. Maybe that's why?

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/8831_Minifigures_Series_7
http://minifigures.lego.com/en-us/Bios/Default.aspx#Clockwork%20Robot

squeam
February 28, 2012, 4:15 PM
Uh...oops! Yeah, we've been buying Series 6. I was just confused.

And we definitely SHOULD have Robot by now!