PDA

View Full Version : I hate Kira... and more ice, cold, Gundam-related haterade.

Zeta-G
September 16, 2010, 8:04 PM
Post your anti-Kira vitriol/humor here. If you feel like hating on other Gundam characters, go right ahead... of course, we may strongly disagree...

Obviously spoilers will run amuck; you've been warned, so proceed at your own discretion...

Note: We almost thread jacked a topic about PGs on this topic, so I created this thread. :twisted:

Kamari13
September 16, 2010, 8:16 PM
I agree with what you said in the other thread Kira should have died in the opening :twisted:

Zeta-G
September 16, 2010, 8:31 PM
I agree with what you said in the other thread Kira should have died in the opening :twisted:
Zombie Freyr and I always cheered loudly whenever we watched the episode where Shinn impaled Freedom. Ditto for Aegis with the Strike. I think that I may hate Kira more than any other fictional character (at the very least, those within Gundam), including Relena Peacecraft...

If Kira's whininess wasn't enough, his unnecessary interference resulted in Heine's untimely death and the Saviour's destruction.

GNzaku0023
October 7, 2010, 1:18 PM
I've always hated the pilots form Turn A Gundam. Come to think of it, I really hated everything about Turn A. Except Turn X, that suit was kinda cool.

And as I am slowly beginning to develop this habit, (although I think kira is whiney too) I just have to torment Zeta-G.

[attachment=0:1c4bebv1]hgh.jpg[/attachment:1c4bebv1]

Zeta-G
October 7, 2010, 9:37 PM
I never said Kira was gay. I said he's an annoying twerp who needed to die.
Note: Gay bashing is not acceptable behavior.

GNzaku0023
October 7, 2010, 10:44 PM
Kira post edited btw.

Sorry, I didn't mean too, twas just an expression. I have nothing against gays I swear. As far as kira being a whiney beam spammer, I totally agree. Though I don't fully understand why you hate Lacus.

Zeta-G
October 8, 2010, 2:55 AM
Kira post edited btw.

Sorry, I didn't mean too, twas just an expression. I have nothing against gays I swear. As far as kira being a whiney beam spammer, I totally agree. Though I don't fully understand why you hate Lacus.
I figured as much, but I just wanted to point out that the phrase is passive-aggressive gay bashing and can be offensive to LGBT community members, as well as non-LGBT members (such as myself; I'm a future civil rights attorney in training 8-) ). As for Lacus, she is the cancer that turns everyone in the Three Ship Alliance into a whiney, self-righteous crybaby by encouraging stupidity and rash actions.

NanoSpore
October 28, 2010, 12:00 AM
Picture related.
I couldn't stand her.

GNzaku0023
October 28, 2010, 12:02 AM
When Flay died I cheered. In Zeta's game I killed her by means of feefelscruple. (Death by chocolate pudding through naval insertion)

Zeta-G
October 28, 2010, 12:11 AM
When Flay died I cheered. In Zeta's game I killed her by means of feefelscruple. (Death by chocolate pudding through naval insertion)
Her death (and, indeed, Cosmic Era in general) would have been much better if Fukuda had stuck with his original plan, a Tomino-esque ending, instead of chickening out due to Jesus Yamato's popularity.

GNzaku0023
November 8, 2010, 9:14 PM
Plot armors are useless against real gundam pilots!!!
However, I'm very glad Mwu la fraga survived. He was pretty cool.

If, AND I MEAN IF, Marida Cruz Dies, I will forever hate Unicorn and the pilot who kills her. Just saying.

Zeta-G
November 8, 2010, 9:34 PM
Plot armors are useless against real gundam pilots!!!
However, I'm very glad Mwu la fraga survived. He was pretty cool.

If, AND I MEAN IF, Marida Cruz Dies, I will forever hate Unicorn and the pilot who kills her. Just saying.
Mu was awesome, so I second forgiving that instance of plot armor.

As for Marida, I'm not spoiling anything (beyond giving rundowns of episodes in the Unicorn thread as the episodes are released)...
(I read spoilers for the novel as it was being released; plus the crew has said that the anime may not be exactly like the books on all details)

SilverFrameAstray
November 8, 2010, 11:30 PM
Picture related.
I couldn't stand her.

I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU WOULD EVEN SHOW HER FACE WHYYYYY.

I swear, I cannot recall how many times I've belligerently barked at me screen whenever she would even open her mouth. Uggu. Just, so much hatred. I didn't exactly like Lux either though, and Marina Ismail in 00 singing reminded me of her, but I like Ismail-chan a bit more.

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 12:24 PM
I;m hoping that Micott doesn't become a Flay character. That would make me sad....

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 1:07 PM
I;m hoping that Micott doesn't become a Flay character. That would make me sad....
I liked Flay myself. Not as a person, mind you, but I could understand her hatred of Kira (he's rubbed me the wrong way since his first appearance). Plus it takes a special kind of psycho to bang the guy you're planning on killing...

squeam
December 12, 2010, 9:06 AM
Hey everyone, I hate Katz. He is the worst. Horrible, horrible stinking boy. "O Sarah, I love you" "I..uh....love you too....um...Katz? was it? Now help me get away" OK, because I love you and you love me and we're gonna get married and live on the moon and have fun" "Yeeaaah, sure kid. C ya!" "......What?.... :cry: "

Someone just reminded me of my hatred for him (and I had worked so long to keep it away-all that counseling) and now I must let it out. Unfortunately, my blind rage leaves me unable to think cognizantly about.......HIM.

GNzaku0023
December 12, 2010, 10:00 AM
Sqeam, I share your hatred for Katz. When he first showed up all he did was berate Amuro for not wanting to fight, but then later on all he could ever think about was sarah, who was not even really worth it anyways cause she was wrapped around Scirocco's finger. Honestly katz you were an effing kid, there are millions of girls in the colonies and earth, I think you can live without falling for an enemy soldier. (That seemed to be a little bit of a recurring plot line in several gundam series)

squeam
December 12, 2010, 1:09 PM
Twice! He got played twice by Sarah "Master Paptimus" Zabiarov. *spoiler alert* Then he kills her :lol: The only time I liked that psychopath Yazan was when he took out Katz.

Zeta-G
December 12, 2010, 2:15 PM
Twice! He got played twice by Sarah "Master Paptimus" Zabiarov. *spoiler alert* Then he kills her :lol: The only time I liked that psychopath Yazan was when he took out Katz.
But I liked Katz...

... when he crashed into an asteroid. Man that death suited the whiney little punk. I might actually hate him more than Quess...

squeam
December 15, 2010, 5:04 PM
Quess? Yeah, she's pretty annoying. My wife despises her with a deep-seated hatred.

Zeta-G
July 6, 2011, 1:45 AM
It must be said: Andrei deserves whatever fate ( ;) ) may await him in the the 00 movie for killing his dad. Poor Sergei.

squeam
July 6, 2011, 7:28 AM
Msg. to Andrei: "Punk, die, die, die. Die, punk, die!!!!"

("die" is one of those words that looks wrong when you type it a lot)

Zeta-G
July 6, 2011, 12:35 PM
If Athrun had just sliced her throat when he had the chance, we wouldn't have had to deal with "Cagalli is crying" in SEED. Just a thought.

GNzaku0023
July 6, 2011, 1:11 PM
I rather like cagalli's character in SEED. Destiny is when she took a whole 180 that made me not like her.

Zeta-G
July 6, 2011, 1:17 PM
I rather like cagalli's character in SEED. Destiny is when she took a whole 180 that made me not like her.

I agree, but having her die in that SEED episode would have saved us all the pain. That or Athrun slapping some sense into her in early Destiny before the Seirans or Kiracrew got ahold of her.

squeam
July 6, 2011, 2:34 PM
I would rather she'd have died than have her character destroyed in Destiny.

Zeta-G
July 6, 2011, 2:45 PM
I laughed when Tolle died.

Zeta
July 6, 2011, 6:51 PM
I hated Alex and Meuler (those two murderous Aries and Cancer pilots from Wing). How can they call themselves pilots when they murder those who surrendered after the battle was won?

Zeta-G
July 6, 2011, 6:57 PM
I hated Alex and Meuler (those two murderous Aries and Cancer pilots from Wing). How can they call themselves pilots when they murder those who surrendered after the battle was won?

I thought it was hilarious when they tried to take down Zechs and his Tallgeese; the bastards got what they deserved.

Speaking of Wing, Duke Durmail deserved to die. He was a poor substitute for Treize.

swark34
August 14, 2012, 5:10 AM
I know this post is old but o well. I hate Loran Cehack aka Laura i wish he would either be a girl or stop cross dressing and be a man. And I hate how the turn a gundam looks. Its so ugly

WackyModder84
August 14, 2012, 1:18 PM
I know this post is old but o well. I hate Loran Cehack aka Laura i wish he would either be a girl or stop cross dressing and be a man. And I hate how the turn a gundam looks. Its so ugly

Loran Cehack only did that whole "girl" fiasco more for laughs, not for Yaoi Bait like say.....Tieria Erde. >_>
P.S. It was Loran's Boss that was the moron here who kept calling Loran "Laura Rolla". Don't blame Loran on that, because he's corrected him multiple times.

Tomino's hatred towards Bandai and Sunrise is what came out of hiding when he made Turn A Gundam.
Turn A Gundam isn't here to sell you model kits. It's here to tell you a story.
And besides, the Turn A Gundam is the most powerful gundam ever created in existance. Not a single mobile suit in existance besides Turn X can go head-2-head with it on even grounds.
If you ask me, Turn A Gundam actually is Extremely Unique-Looking and is a drastic change of pace from the basic gundam design we all are used to.
It's the ultimate proof in saying: "Don't judge a book by it's cover." Something people have yet to understand with Gundam AGE, even. =_=

But if this thread's main discussion is Kira Yamato and other SEED characters.....good lord, where the hell do I begin...?? >=)

Kenico
August 14, 2012, 3:13 PM
Loran Cehack only did that whole "girl" fiasco more for laughs, not for Yaoi Bait like say.....Tieria Erde. >_>
P.S. It was Loran's Boss that was the moron here who kept calling Loran "Laura Rolla". Don't blame Loran on that, because he's corrected him multiple times.

Tomino's hatred towards Bandai and Sunrise is what came out of hiding when he made Turn A Gundam.
And besides, the Turn A Gundam is the most powerful gundam ever created in existance. Not a single mobile suit in existance besides Turn X can go head-2-head with it on even grounds.
If you ask me, Turn A Gundam actually is Extremely Unique-Looking and is a drastic change of pace from the basic gundam design we all are used to.
It's the ultimate proof in saying: "Don't judge a book by it's cover." Something people have yet to understand with Gundam AGE, even. =_=

But if this thread's main discussion is Kira Yamato and other SEED characters.....good lord, where the hell do I begin...?? >=)

on the yamato angle good luck with the roast...

as for Turn A, yeah the story was great, the characters were awesome, but the one thing that definately sold me on the show was the Mecha designs, or to be more accurately the desginer, Syd Mead. the man who did multiple films like Tron, Alien, and a few other movies where he designed the sets and props and whatnot. the Fact that Tomino brought on a scifi designer of Meads caliber is awesome to say the least...

Gundamswag
August 14, 2012, 5:16 PM
I think a lot of people hate SEED characters because they were a lot more dramatic than in any other Gundam show. However, I liked that aspect quite a bit and believe the drama made the story all the more gripping. That said, I neither hate nor love Kira. Kira is just not a very relatable character imo. I think Daerka and Athrun are freaking awesome tho.

I don't hate Rang from G-Gundam, but I hate the constant "Rain...'Domon'" crap that happens so much. I do hate Aihna's brother from 08th MS Team. What a thundercunt.

swark34
August 14, 2012, 6:11 PM

lol ya i guess you do have a good point there , its just hard form me to get into the series

extend
September 19, 2012, 10:55 PM
I just rewatched Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny.

Gundam Seed, just like when I first watched it, I think it's good. I like how the situation has affected the characters on a personal level was explored, and that's what the drama is for. Soldiers in reality do cry, right? Kira and the others whine so as normal teenagers. It irritates me, but I can forgive that. The flashbacks however are VERY TIRING! How many times do we have to see Nicol and Tolle get killed? Still, Gundam Seed is good. I can give it an applause.

Gundam Seed Destiny on the other hand is a different story. There were lots of unreasonable and irrational things that went there. I felt that the flashbacks were more abused. It was a let down. I like some of the mobile suit designs though, especially the Akatsuki.

DragonCrusaderNeir
July 31, 2013, 2:13 PM
If I could I would nuke the FUCK out of Flay Alster and Lacus Clyne. I hate them that much. Kira... I'd off him with my own Gundam and it would be exquisite.

extend
August 29, 2013, 11:43 PM
Criminal minds made me very depressed. There doesnt seem to be much variety later in the show. I have never seen Raising Hope or Arrested Development either but right now I am watching Dexter on recommendation from a guy I know.

Do you already have much on your plate right now? I might recommend you to watch Elementary. It's a contemporary Sherlock Holmes version, and I'm enjoying it.

jaster-jesek
August 31, 2013, 6:32 AM
I have got to say that a lot of the characters that are hated seem to be hated simply because of bad writing and character development-- that the writer really didn't know what to do with the character properly and they took short-cuts or backed out of their original plans to serve a character because of its popularity. The first character that was done with was Char, not Kira. I am shocked how Char gets preserved as THE classic Gundam character but Kira gets hate for... well... a lot of the same thing. Being stupidly immune to death. And as whiney as Kira may be-- at least he didn't murder his best friend and destroyed an escaping vessel of the losing side while pretending to be their ally all over some blood feud that was never even confirmed... and the two individuals he killed weren't even particularly nasty, evil or immoral at all.

And yet that character went through 4 perfectly valid, good and dramatic deaths and just popped right back up after every single one, each time people irrationally praising him and being even more zealously in favor of carrying out his will... HIS will... the guy who literally made enemies of the entire world time, got everyone close to him killed in terrible ways over and over again and yet always had no trouble finding legions of people to keep dying for him.

Seriously-- Kira and Flay have NOTHING on that guy.

The "protagonists" from Gundam 00 really get under my skin as well. They really toe the line of being like Lerouche and Light Yagami in being starkly terribly, vicious, utterly immoral characters who go well beyond the bounds that villains in most stories would resort to, do numerous things that make them unforgivably and irredeemably evil... and yet the whole story is clearly written from the perspective that the viewer should be sympathizing with them, rooting for them and wanting to seem them escape justice rather than spending the whole story wanting so very badly to see someone finally take them down and punish them for all the horrorific things they did. They avoid the Death Note and Code Geass levels of evil-- but seriously... we are supposed to sympathize with the people who are using overwhelming force, power and impossible technology to enforce the dictates of an unknown sinister seeming master upon the world, basically rob all of humanity of the right to fight for what they believe in or to make their lives better on the basis it would stop war?

TheWhiteWolfofSolomon
August 31, 2013, 7:38 AM
I agree with most of what you said jaster, except I have to add one thing, at least Lelouche did all his evil, and sacrificed himself in the end to give everyone freedom from the society that Geass had created, and took all the blame for everything on to himself. In my opinion that actually redeemed him to a measure never equaled by Death Note, nor the Main Cast of 00. Hell the only character I actually like in 00 was Saji, since everything was forced on him, as opposed to his actions forcing things on to everyone else.

jaster-jesek
August 31, 2013, 10:11 AM
I agree with most of what you said jaster, except I have to add one thing, at least Lelouche did all his evil, and sacrificed himself in the end to give everyone freedom from the society that Geass had created, and took all the blame for everything on to himself. In my opinion that actually redeemed him to a measure never equaled by Death Note, nor the Main Cast of 00. Hell the only character I actually like in 00 was Saji, since everything was forced on him, as opposed to his actions forcing things on to everyone else.

Well, given the ending of Season 1 of Gundam 00, I really think that was sort of the plan. Celestial Being's general terrorism of the planet did serve the purpose of uniting all the warring factions together in order to take them down. It was almost as if that was their purpose, except none of the members seemed to be in on that. If 00 ended with Season 1, one could well write it off as though that was their whole purpose.

Any "redemption" Lelouche made by his self-sacrifice is kind of undermined by the rather direct and personal nature of a lot of his crimes. Murdered his brothers and sisters in cold blood, started a massive war in a relatively peaceful country, wiped a whole nation off the map, tortured those were close to him, I think I vaguely recall him even raping someone and then wiping her memory of it. And he did it all over a stupid misunderstanding and continued to do what he was doing even after he realized his whole "vengeance" thing was all a bit pointless.

Anyway-- my point was really this... yes, it can bug one that people write characters who are all too perfect or self-centered or take actions way too irrationally drastic given what set them off was and I have railed against all these things. But nothing creeps me out more than this trend in Japanese media to write stories revolving around totally evil characters with the author seemingly having no awareness that their protagonist is utterly reprehensible-- and the media generally expecting the viewer or reader to simply side with this character and want to root for them along their adventure simply because they are the main character. Which I would like to write off as totally misguided and bad writing-- except these stories are overwhelmingly massively successful, far more so than stories that don't revolve around characters comparable to the worst villains in human history.

Hana Yori Dango stands out as another example. Although the love interest of that series never kills anyone, he does utterly ruin people's lives entirely for his own sick amusement. He even attempts to have the main character gang-raped before one of his friends intervenes. But because he wants to screw the poor girl and decides to be nice to HER, the consumer of the media is meant to simply never again even consider all the people he destroyed prior to that point and disregard any responsibility he has to make up for it. In fact-- it is only brought up once afterwards and it is the person attempting to hold him responsible for his crimes who is painted as a massive villain for daring to disrupt the life of the ultra-mega wealthy boy from doing whatever he likes to whomever he likes.

And yet that was such a massive land-mark romance manga that it was made into 3 series, several movies and even translated into Korean to make Korean versions of a TV show and movie.

Psyco Diver
September 1, 2013, 3:59 PM
"One country's terrorist is another's freedom fighter", this saying and the saying "History is written by the victor" I believe applies best to this discussion. Yes Lelouche, Death Note, and OO all have protagonist that are determined in the society that their in as mass murders, of course they are portrayed as the "good" guys because they are doing everything for the greater good, or so we are made to believe.

One thing I liked about S1 OO is that they knew they were the bad guys in the view of the world. I think the plan was for their "interventions" were designed to unite the world against them, they are to be destoryed, but I think there was back up because in history, there are times with people unite to over throw one problem (tyranny, another country, ect) only to be replaced by a evil goverment (Titans, A-Laws, ect ect) and usually needs the people to unite once again to over throw that to find temporary peace (because no peace is forever unfortantly). I would like to think that without their involvement, that the world would experience peace once the "free" power was given to the whole world, although I imagine this would have taken a long time and probably another solar power war.

Lelouche did the same thing, although I think it was sort of a last minute thing, I think his original goal was to get revenge for his mother and sister. In the end seeing what happened because of his actions, he realized to prevent this from happening again he had to unite the world's will by making himself the evil person so the world will be against him and once the world hated him, he had himself killed.

Death Note is the only one that doesn't really follow that, they eventually just kill him with no real evidence that the world has changed.