PDA

View Full Version : Region 1 Gundam Releases?

Whisnant03
February 19, 2013, 6:43 PM
Hi new member here, I have been searching everywhere on the internet for this information and have had trouble finding it, so I decided I would post on here and ask all of you! I am an avid Gundam fan, I love watching every series and collecting them all. The only problem I have is figuring out WHICH Gundam series have actually been released here in America. Does someone have a detailed list including all the compilation movies and spin offs that have been released? It would be greatly appreciated.

Kenico
February 19, 2013, 6:58 PM
Well Its not much but here goes...note this is all Region 1 Releases that are still in print...

Mobile Suit Gundam***

Mobile Suit Gundam: the 8th MS Team*/Millers Report**

Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket*

Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory*/Afterglow of Zeon**

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam/A New Translation***

Mobile Suit Gundam: Chars Counterattack (Movie)

Mobile Suit Gundam: Unicorn (Eps 1-5 out now, 6&7 are in the works)*

Mobile Suit Gundam F91 (Movie)

Mobile Fighter G Gundam

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing

Mobile Suit Gundam Wing: Endless Walts*/**

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED***

Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny***

Mobile Suit Gundam OO Season 1

Mobile Suit Gundam OO Season 2

Mobile Suit Gundam OO: Awakening of a Trailblazer (Movie)

*=OVA (or Original Video Animation...i think :p)

**=Movie Compilation

***=3 Part Movie Compilation

And those are all that i can think of...If i have missed any guys help us out on this lol.

Shin Starlord
February 19, 2013, 7:04 PM
*squeal*

Okay bro, while I can't tell you about Region 1 releases, as we don't get Gundam here in South Africa, I'd be glad to tell you what's been released (to my knowledge.)

The original series, Mobile Suit Gundam from 1979 and the 3 compilation films, have been released in English, so I think it's natural it would be released in USA.
The same goes with 08th MS Team consisting of 12 episodes and it's compilation film. 0080 has been released in english, and so has 0083: Stardust Memory. Stardust Memory's compilation film has not been released in the USA.

Moving ahead, Zeta Gundam I definitely know has been released on DVD, as I've viewed that release. I'm uncertain about ZZ Gundam, I think it's been subbed officially. Char's Counterattack has been released in english too, so it might be on DVD.

The next movie, F91 has seen a Blu-Ray release. I think it's on DVD too, but I'm pretty aware of it's Blu-Ray release.

Moving onto the Future Century, Mobile Fighter G Gundam has seen an American release, but Walmart apparently let their religious nonsense get involved, and for the sake of sales the names in the series have been changed. But yeah, I'm pretty damn sure it's been released there.

Gundam Wing has been released too, I'm not certain on this but it might have a remastered collection. Be careful when buying the Uncensored or Censored versions.

Unsure about After War Gundam X.

Turn A Gundam has seen official subbed releases by Bandai. I think until 2010 they kept doing this, they where even supposed to dub it, but they didn't...

SEED & SEED Destiny both, yes. I am uncertain about the compilation films, if they've seen dvd releases.

I can't call it, but Gundam 00 has 2 seasons both consisting of 25 episodes. They've seen DVD and Blu Ray releases.

Just reply if you're unsure or if I havn't been helpful enough.

*edit
Yes, you should put Kenico's list in priority, he's is accurate.

Whisnant03
February 19, 2013, 7:09 PM
Thanks alot. Do you know anything about a US release of MS IGLOO? And also can you find some images of the US release of the Stardust Memory movie compilation?

Kenico
February 19, 2013, 8:07 PM
MS IGLOO and Afterglow of Zeon im not too sure...I think the former is out of print the latter im not sure on wether or not its out of print.

Whisnant03
February 19, 2013, 8:34 PM
When you say out of print you mean it's not being made anymore? I thought that was basically the status of every Gundam anime series since Bandai is done distributing anime? And that would mean there was at some point an English release of MS IGLOO?

Kenico
February 19, 2013, 8:42 PM
Honestly theyre still making Anime and kits (cause theyed be insane to not do keep that) its just that theyre just distributing it via other Vendors (or so ive been told if im wrong can someone correct me lol) but Out of print means they either stopped making them or what. but anyway im not too sure about IGLOO

Whisnant03
February 19, 2013, 9:14 PM
Hmmm. Well thanks for all the information, I suppose I should have just posted what I have in my collection and just asked what I am missing..

Dangerous_D
March 21, 2013, 5:44 AM
well if your in the US you're out of luck on getting anything Gundam thanks to Bandai Entertainment giving us the Middle finger and stopped all distribution of any title they had old and new, especially since we got screwed on getting Turn A Gundam in english