PDA

View Full Version : Speech about real-life colonies :S

Deathscythe!
February 16, 2013, 2:51 PM
Hey there!

I'Ve just done my homework concerning with an enviromental problem.
I am supposed to present this short speech on monday and I'd just like to know what you think of it. (What your opinion on this is)

Dear audience,
today I'd like to concentrate on a certain topic you may not have anticipated hearing about

To be honest, it sounds less terrifying and interesting than other, common topics such as the rain forest issues and such
However, allow me to assure you, all of those problems you might have been acquainted with, originate from this particular difficulty
My speech is to concern with overpopulation

Are you, dear listeners, aware of the fact that in the year 1850 merely one billion people existed
How come the amount of people living on this planet has increased this remarkably rapidly since then ?
I'm certain that you all know of the fact that this problem prevails in third world nations. They live under bad environmental circumstances, as well.

How are we supposed to cope with such a burgening population ?
Slaying is not a solution of course.
Well, I sincerely reckon, that we ought to establish space colonies
You may be wondering about what I'm thinking, speaking of such an utopical concept
First of all, do enquire about O'Neil's idea of cylinder shaped colonies in outer space. It's mainly an artificial world very much resembling life on Earth. However, differently from The Earth, these colonies would provide us with better circumstances that may transcend the quality on life on Earth. Furthermore, The Earth might also pose a thread to us, with us humans exposed to environmental disasters.

This is how I wish for humanity to be enabled not to depend on earth and its flaws any longer.
We humans shall finally obtain the capability of living on our own, not concerned about what nature might do to us next.
Living as I suggest is much better than we live presently.
I reckon, it'd be most convenient if we all agreed to follow this plan unquestioningly.

To conclude, The entire Human Race would take advantage of such an undertaking for it seems to be much shrewder to make this concept a reality instead of fighting other issues contiunously.
I suppose, this would make other environmental problems unnecessary.
Additonally, many more jobs would be created, with those colonies requiring to be maintained all the time.

It appears that this would be a win win situation for everyone. With this in my mind, I think it'd be perfect if we all started to consider doing this immediately.

Shin Starlord
February 16, 2013, 3:25 PM
It's a good concept, and it should be realized, as other concepts of solving the overpopulation crisis would eventually give way.

You also point out how it solves other problems, such as jobs.

It's a good topic, you chose well.

I'm not sure if you're presenting this in english or german, but there's a typo on threat (I think).

However, differently from The Earth, these colonies would provide us with better circumstances that may transcend the quality on life on Earth. Furthermore, The Earth might also pose a thread to us, with us humans exposed to environmental disasters.

Deathscythe!
February 16, 2013, 3:52 PM
Oh yeah, my bad xD

I don't make that mistake very often.

Thanks.

I'm to hold that speech in English btw

Rowdain
February 16, 2013, 4:40 PM
I think it's good, hope you do well!

Deathscythe!
February 16, 2013, 6:34 PM
Hope they don't find it TOO odd

Dlinker
February 16, 2013, 8:55 PM
Yeah, well, know that being odd means it will stay in their minds longer. Which means you win because they'll remember your speech, haha.

Rowdain
February 17, 2013, 12:41 AM
Trust me if I was someone in your class and knew nothing of gundam I'd be really intrigued as well as do some research on the subject.

Kenico
February 17, 2013, 2:47 AM
Good luck my Friend, your point is spot on, your arguments are reinforcing the point, and your presentation is flawless...id say its a winner for you...Great Speech and i look forward to hearing how it went.

Deathscythe!
February 17, 2013, 10:38 AM
So, this one's the final version :

Dear audience,
today I'd like to concentrate on a certain topic you may not have anticipated hearing about

To be honest, it sounds less terrifying and interesting than other, common topics such as the rain forest issues and such
However, allow me to assure you, each one of those problems originates from this particular problem
My speech is to concern with overpopulation

Are you aware of the fact that in the year 1850 merely one billion people existed
How come the amount of people living on this planet has increased this remarkably rapidly since then ?
I'm certain that you all know, this problem prevails in third world nations.
They live under bad environmental circumstances, as well.
According to calculations, India's total, official population is estimated to have risen to 1.6 billion by 2050. Speaking of which, it is believed that there will be 9 billion human beings on earth in 2050.
To continue with, we human beings are also expected to be able to live longer than we do nowadays. It won't be surprising not to have died by the age 90.

How are we supposed to cope with such a burgening population ?
Slaying is not a solution of course.
Well, I sincerely reckon, that we ought to establish space colonies
You may be wondering about what I'm thinking, speaking of such an utopical concept
First of all, do enquire about O'Neil's idea of cylinder shaped colonies in outer space. It's mainly an artificial world very much resembling life on Earth. However, differently from The Earth, these colonies would provide us with better circumstances that may transcend the quality on life on Earth. Furthermore, The Earth might also pose a thread to us, with us humans exposed to environmental disasters.

This is how I wish for humanity to be enabled not to depend on earth and its flaws any longer.
We humans shall finally obtain the capability of living independently, not concerned about what problems may occur next.
Living as I suggest is much better than we live presently.
I reckon, it'd be most convenient if we all agreed to follow this plan unquestioningly.

To conclude, The entire Human Race would take advantage of such an undertaking for it seems to be much shrewder to make this concept a reality instead of fighting other issues contiunously.
I suppose, this would make other environmental problems unnecessary.
Additonally, many more jobs would be created, with those colonies requiring to be maintained all the time.

It appears that this would be a win win situation for everyone. With this in my mind, I think it'd be perfect if we all started to consider doing this immediately.

Thanks for the motivation

Shin Starlord
February 17, 2013, 10:56 AM
It's nice how you brought up the spike in population. Though the current number can be shrugged off, the numbers rising by 2050 cannot be ignored.
This will make them react well to it.

Also, you've reached 1,666 posts. :twisted:

Deathscythe!
February 17, 2013, 12:47 PM
I'm making it more "listener-friendly" xD

I'll just edit the post above.

YES, I AM TWISTED.

ALL HAIL XXXG-01D2