PDA

View Full Version : Umechan's Sandrock Custom Revival はつちょうせん!

Ume
February 11, 2013, 1:27 AM

Dlinker
February 11, 2013, 1:40 AM
You're going in the right direction with this so far. Keep it up and do know that we're anxious to see your results :)

Kenico
February 11, 2013, 1:47 AM
Very nice so far. cant wait to see the end result

thwalker13
February 11, 2013, 2:12 AM
Nice man. Always good to go back and update older kits. Can't wait to see the results.

Jfl0
February 11, 2013, 2:41 AM
After Wing Zero Custom I will be taking a MG Sandrock and painting it Custom OVA colors.

Ume
February 15, 2013, 8:59 PM

thwalker13
February 15, 2013, 9:46 PM
Nice man. You should post pictures of the Armour DE up when you get it all built. Sorry to hear about lining marker. But from what I can see, your restoration project is looking really good.

Dlinker
February 16, 2013, 12:42 AM
Have you thought about using alternatives to Gundam markers for your panel lines, such as Staedtler pigment liners?

thwalker13
February 16, 2013, 1:03 AM
Or you could try a panel line wash. I personally have not tries it yet but it seems to be pretty straight forward and simple.

Dlinker
February 16, 2013, 2:15 AM
Panel line washes require gloss coating the part first so that's something to consider if you're going to try it. It is very simple to do, though, and in my opinion, far less tasking.

Ume
February 16, 2013, 12:16 PM

Dlinker
February 16, 2013, 2:17 PM
You know, at first I thought the Elmeth's design was stupid (first time I saw it was playing GvG Next+). Now, I find it adorable (for mobile armor, haha). And that little one you have there is even more adorable. Your lines look good on. Dark on the thicker lines, but light on the thinner ones.

Ume
February 19, 2013, 5:38 AM

Deathscythe!
February 19, 2013, 7:28 AM
Looks nice. How did you paint that insignia on the shield ?

thwalker13
February 19, 2013, 11:12 AM
Looks awesome man. The lining really makes all the details stand out really well.

Ume
February 19, 2013, 11:59 AM
Looks nice. How did you paint that insignia on the shield ?

It's a sticker (〃 ̄ω ̄〃ゞ

Kenico
February 19, 2013, 12:20 PM
Still, it looks like its put on like a pro...very clean work looking forward to seeing more :D

Ume
February 19, 2013, 2:12 PM

Deathscythe!
February 19, 2013, 2:42 PM
I'll start building this kit in approxiamately a month.

Let's see whether I'll do better than you.

heuehuehue

Gunplamou fightou?

Ume
February 19, 2013, 2:55 PM
I'll start building this kit in approxiamately a month.

Let's see whether I'll do better than you.

heuehuehue

Gunplamou fightou?

I'd lose this round, but if you want a build contest name the kit (reasonably priced of course) and it's ON.

Deathscythe!
February 19, 2013, 2:58 PM
Oh, okay .... Deathscythe Hell HG 1/100
Tallgeese NG 1/144
RX78GP01Fb Zephyrantes Full burnern MG 1/100

are you okay with this ?

If no, suggest a kit costing less than 2.500 Yen please. c(:

Ume
February 19, 2013, 5:08 PM
This Deathsythe exactly? I want to do this one.
http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Hobby-Endless-Custom-Deathscythe/dp/B0006N1492/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1361311400&sr=8-13&keywords=endless+waltz+hg

Or show me some links to some other ones so we're buying the same ^^

Send me a message/ make a new thread for discussion of rules so we can work out the details, 下さい。

Deathscythe!
February 19, 2013, 5:38 PM
Let's do think of the rules on Friday, shall we?

I don't expect to have had much time to elaborate rules by then, having had to study for Friday's math test

Deathscythe!
February 20, 2013, 10:10 AM
I was having this in mind :

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN49513

Well, If I'm lucky, this will have arrived till the 18th of March.

How about we will do that then ?

Ume
February 20, 2013, 1:18 PM
That works. Ill put my order in!

Deathscythe!
February 20, 2013, 1:52 PM
Since I'm waiting for my teacher (4 extra lessons) to respond, here are the rules I suggest :

Gunpla fight article one : - NO additional parts (only pieces from the box)
Gunpla fight article two:- ANY KIND OF PAINT and coloring granted.
Gunpla fight article three :WATER-SLIDE, DRY TRANSFER Decals allowed.
Gunpla fight article four :It doesn't have to match the original color scheme
Gunpla fight article five :Self-created decals allowed (do you know how to design them ? If not, I'll either be able to teach you how to do so, or ask me to create them ... yes, I'm offering to do you favor. After all, I don't want to battle against a worse-armed opponent)

We'll let the forums decide. Everybody will be allowed to give 0 to 10 points. For example, if anybody emits points to you, they will be forced to give me points (including 0) to me. -> Points on a scale from 0-10 .

Bonus (yours to decide, lol) : The loser will have to use a signature with "I lost against Ume/Deathscythe! in a Gunpla fight match"

Remember : Once each one's respective package has arrived, the fight may begin.

Ume
February 20, 2013, 2:56 PM
Im okay with all of that. I would like to add:

Gunpla Fight Article six : There are to be no photos or discussion anywhere on the forum of the building process when openly associated with the challenge. You may post a build/ progress thread only after voting has closed.

Gunpla Fight Article seven : There will be a max of 10 photos for voting submission ( not required to use all 10 ) this is for showing up close detail if you choose to do so (ex. custom decals, hand paint.. Etc). Action bases are permitted.

Gunpla Fight Article eight : No drastic modification to the kit is allowed. This includes adding scribe lines or damage Excludes hiding seam lines.

I was thinking if we both receive our kits mid-late March of having the challenge end on April 1st? "April Fool's Gunpla Challenge: Who Will Be Made a Fool of?" Hah. Meaning that the voting thread will be posted sometime April 1st.

Oh jeez what have I got myself into..!

Deathscythe!
February 20, 2013, 3:31 PM
I'm okay with that except for the deadline.

As you're able to see, I reside in Germany meaning I have trouble receiving the package.

Ume
February 20, 2013, 10:48 PM
Let's plan to inform each other as the kits arrive respectively. We will set the deadline exactly 2 weeks from the receipt of the final kit.
[ I have a feeling that if I get a head start I'm really going to need it (>.<||) ]

Also, I am interested in learning to design my own decals, I shall make you my Gunpla Sensei as you seem to have volunteered at least that bit of knowledge.

thwalker13
February 20, 2013, 10:55 PM
This build off looks be getting pretty interesting. I'll be watching. Perhaps one of you should make a thread for this little battle. Hmm, anyone scene the show Iron Chef? This could be, Iron Gunpla Build Off.

Ume
February 20, 2013, 11:01 PM
This build off looks be getting pretty interesting. I'll be watching. Perhaps one of you should make a thread for this little battle. Hmm, anyone scene the show Iron Chef? This could be, Iron Gunpla Build Off.

I know, I'm all pumped on this! However, there will only be a thread posted at the end of our challenge with completion photos for voting. Only after voting has closed and winner chosen will there be the 'behind the scenes' build threads (I know I'll have one).

I'm looking forward to it! ^^

Deathscythe!
February 21, 2013, 5:10 AM
I'll tell you everything tomorrow. I'm very busy at the time being, trying to deal with maths..... :C :C :C

Deathscythe!
February 22, 2013, 2:49 PM
Do you want to learn how to create Decals or what ^^ ?

Ume
February 22, 2013, 3:00 PM
Oh yes im at work right now though ! Ill get on later tonight so about 5 hrs from now?

Deathscythe!
February 22, 2013, 3:01 PM
2 am on the other side of the pond

hahahaha Okay!

Deathscythe!
February 25, 2013, 12:22 PM
Article 9 : We will only have one advisor/instuctor to consult when we have problems.

I'll take thwalker13.

thwalker13
February 25, 2013, 7:28 PM
Well thank you for the vote of confidence. I accept the role as adviser.

Ume
February 26, 2013, 8:29 PM
I'd like to request the assistance of Jfl0, please?

And if he rejects, would Squee be willing to help?

Deathscythe!
February 27, 2013, 10:21 AM
*push*

Just needing squee's attention

jayhat100
February 27, 2013, 7:37 PM
This is most intertesting a gundam fight. Going to have to keep an eye on this. May the best man win.

Deathscythe!
February 28, 2013, 8:48 AM
She needs an advisor to consult, in case of having difficulties.