PDA

View Full Version : How long was it before you got an Airbrush

Ultra
February 7, 2013, 3:55 PM
What time period into gundams models did you get one? I really want one but I don't want it to be waste (like my PS3 which I don't play)

Jfl0
February 8, 2013, 5:55 PM
I'm going to need to do some math :mrgreen:

Let's see. I built my very first kit in 1997. Perhaps 1998. I started getting serious in 2006 with spray cans. I used spray cans all the way up to 2011. To answer your question- about five years. A lot of that was due to me being afraid of messing up and wasting money on the rig. But in the long run it has accelerated my level of quality, craftsmanship and my interest in model building.

Squee
February 8, 2013, 10:32 PM
I bought one a few months after i started. However it sat in a drawer for like 4 years, since i was terrified of using it especially since my first experience ended up with me clogging the gun. I remember taking it apart to clean and having no idea how to put it back together. I mainly snapped and used cans after that. I started using it again maybe 7 or 8 years ago? I still suck at shading with it though lol, i always end up getting rid of most of the dark shading.

P.s. I personally don't like my kits shaded dark so maybe that's why i never get it right lol

Dlinker
February 9, 2013, 2:02 AM
I got my first cheap AB about six months after I built my HG Age-1. Pain in the butt to find all of the connectors and adapters for it since I used my brother's big compressor (which he uses for his auto tools) which used 1/4" fittings. Then everything needed a good deal of teflon to seal so air won't leak out. Now, I have my own little rhythm down when setting up to airbrush.