PDA

View Full Version : Is Cosmic Era that bad?

PaladinGundam
February 6, 2013, 11:32 AM
When I give something a first glance, I usually give it another before I judge it. Ever since the remastered version of SEED finished, SEED Destiny remastered is on it's way. Giving Gundam SEED a second glance, I don't think it's that bad. The only thing I find wrong with it is the stupid stock footage and Jesus Yamato. How the HELL did he survive that explosion? I mean yeah, the HD version of that fight is way better than the one ten years ago...But...HOW!??!
So I give SEED a 3.5/5 for being something entertaining to watch with an AMAZING sound track...Oh dear god...
SEED Destiny...I watched the first 18 episodes and I got bored of it. It had a great start with Shinn! But something happens...Jesus...
So, I pressed on and watched more. Things were kinda getting interesting now that Kira is the main antagonist of SEED Destiny. I was on the edge of my seat when Shinn defeats Jesus...and HOW THE HELL did Jesus survive that explosion? Athrun becomes a follower to Jesus, Cagalli cries too much and Lacus is probably even a bigger Mary Sue than Jesus.
But is it really that bad? There are a few things that SEED Destiny brought to me that I enjoyed. The Sound Track (Again) Shinn Asuka(He had such a great potential. Just that things Efed up for him.) and the Destiny Gundam. (Which I have no idea why people hate. Really, those Wings of light look more real than the V2's.)
But what else am I missing? Is the Cosmic Era that bad?

Shin Starlord
February 6, 2013, 11:37 AM
Cosmic Era is awesome. I consider it a modern version of the Universal Century.

Jesus... yes... I thought Gundam was supposed to make sense. Okay, take Kira out of the picture. Take Athrun, Lacus and Cagalli out. We got something good going for us.

E.F.S.F
February 6, 2013, 11:50 AM
Yes it is that bad.

Deathscythe!
February 6, 2013, 12:06 PM
In terms of C.E. I'll quote (or give a vastly similar statement to his) Wackymodder84's judgement :

"Seed, Astray and Stargazer can't make up for the shitballs Destiny throws at C.E"

Seed isn't bad. I enjoyed it very much, surprised to watch something that was exceeding my anticipations.

The Red Frame is my 2nd favourite Gundam and I've already seen Stargazer.

Stargazer was ... well, confusing for me. (Too short so to speak)

2 days ago I was watching Seed Destiny when my sister entered my room. She asked me what on earth I was viewing there. I replied : "I'm watching Gundam Seed Destiny"

She wonderingly said what I was watching was not Gundam. As we spoke, Athrun was talking to cagalli, giving her a ring.
She called Athrun a fa**ot. I answered, that I found his mobile suit awesome. She said, since she had labelled Athrun a "fa**ot", his Gundam was pink. (Couldn't contain my laughter)

Afterwards, Shinn was shown standing in front of a memorial (or was it a grave). She enquired about why that boy (Shinn) was about to cry. I told her what had befallen him and she showed regards.

katamuro
February 6, 2013, 12:19 PM
I like the mobile suit designs but they all heavily rely on UC designs. Plus Archangel is a hell of a ship. As for characters apart from Mu La Flaga and Waltfeld i dont like anyone else. Those two are the only ones who seem to have a notion of what is going on around them.
And yeah pretty much everyone who is in charge is freaking crazy. Follow a war with more war. Millions died so lets go kill more. the only one who actually knew what he was doing was Rau Le Creuset.

Kinda says something when the sanest reasons and plans are made by an insane dying evil clone...

Dlinker
February 6, 2013, 12:24 PM
I don't think it's that bad. Cosmic Era by itself is actually pretty good, but the presentation of it could have used a bit more work. That's not to say it wasn't enjoyable. Personally, I really enjoyed watching SEED and am looking forward to SEED Destiny when it gets remastered. Action scenes are great despite the stock footage and the mecha/ship designs are a pleasure to look at. Like what Shin Starlord said, it does bear fond similarities to Universal Century that gives it a familiar feel (at least to me). Also, despite what I said about presentation, there are some ways that do work well such as the Astray manga and the Stargazer OVA (which I felt was Cosmic Era taken to a more realistic and brutal place).

PaladinGundam
February 6, 2013, 12:34 PM
So views are sorta mixed? It's a hit or miss.
Destiny went down hill once Shinn somehow defeated Jesus Yamato. Jesus is immortal so he survived the explosion, and more crap happens after that. It felt more like a super robot anime than a real one because of the physics.
So why was Shinn replaced with Kira as the main character? Why is SEED Destiny so popular in Japan?

Ultra
February 6, 2013, 12:35 PM
I thought it was brilliant. Death to Seed Haters. You can't really moan that the designs are reminiscent of that when it was actually based around the universal century. However I don't consider that to be true anyway. The gimmicks are the same but in the way they look is quite different.

katamuro
February 6, 2013, 12:57 PM
I thought it was brilliant. Death to Seed Haters. You can't really moan that the designs are reminiscent of that when it was actually based around the universal century. However I don't consider that to be true anyway. The gimmicks are the same but in the way they look is quite different.

Oh come on. Zaku Warrior? The Strike without the striker packs? The whole colony destruction/descent to earth thing is an almost direct clone of 0079. what about the Daggers? they are basically the GMs. Archangel is White base. The Rau Le Creuset ships are quite similar to Musai. Sure all the gundams are looking quite differently but thats only because there was only one gundam in 0079.
SEED is using the same basic ideas of 0079 like 00 used basic idea of Wing.

E.F.S.F
February 6, 2013, 1:45 PM
Oh come on. Zaku Warrior? The Strike without the striker packs? The whole colony destruction/descent to earth thing is an almost direct clone of 0079. what about the Daggers? they are basically the GMs. Archangel is White base. The Rau Le Creuset ships are quite similar to Musai. Sure all the gundams are looking quite differently but thats only because there was only one gundam in 0079.
SEED is using the same basic ideas of 0079 like 00 used basic idea of Wing.

+1 to this.

swark34
February 6, 2013, 1:45 PM
I was recently watched both series and its not bad. But the killer is how did jesus survive that explosion to me that didn't really give a good explanation other than some ''seed'' bs that explosion was a direct hit what about all the heat and gasses he was exposed to. Was his suit that strong . And even if he did somehow surivive he should at least have a defects like missing limbs ,scars, burnt marks. I was up set that they let him lived not that I hate jesus, its just they killed Amuro and Char off why save jesus.

Deathscythe!
February 6, 2013, 1:58 PM
Oh yeah, I didn't include this into my last submit but :

Here's the C.E Characters I like :

Lowe Guele (along with the JUNK GUILD)
Rau Le Creuset (they needed 2 Gundams to defeat this one - just illustrates he was the one capable of whipping those kids around)
Mu La Flaga
Yzak Jule
Gai Mukamuro (along with Serpent Tail)
Nicul (wasn't such a crybaby IMO)
Lunamaria

IMO, Seed & Seed Destiny were needlessly violent. Sure, in terms of violence, U.C is also able to be totally violent - however, C.E.'s "butchers" seem not to have any brains.
They just kill.

AND WHO THE FUCK DESIGNED THE STRIKE FREEDOM?
Speaking of which, WHAT MS is the strongest C.E suit ?
I'd go with Destiny Gundam.

Ultra
February 6, 2013, 2:03 PM
I said designs. I'm perfectly aware that it's all very similar since it was based on that as I said.

ItsVince725
February 6, 2013, 2:33 PM
I would have liked Destiny a lot more if Kira was a minor character or antagonist and Athrun and Shinn the main protagonists, with Athrun in a command role along with his old buddies Yzak and Dearka and newer recruits Shinn and Heine.

PaladinGundam
February 6, 2013, 2:59 PM
Destiny, infinite justice and....-annoyed sigh-...Strike Freedom are the strongest of the CE during SEED Destiny.
Destiny: What the perfect Strike would be like if upgraded.
Infinite Justice: A slimmer version of Justice with a cooler and shinier jet pack. This is a good upgrade.
-bashes head in the wall- ...Strike Freedom...: Instead of firing about five beams in front of itself, why not have an extra beam rifle and replace the two shoulder cannons with EIGHT fin funnels! Yeah! More beam spamming so we don't have to animate more close combat scenes! They will love it! No no no, The SF's only design change was the wings. The mainframe is IDENTICAL with the first Freedom.

Shin Starlord
February 6, 2013, 3:15 PM
Destiny, infinite justice and....-annoyed sigh-...Strike Freedom are the strongest of the CE during SEED Destiny.
Destiny: What the perfect Strike would be like if upgraded.
Infinite Justice: A slimmer version of Justice with a cooler and shinier jet pack. This is a good upgrade.
-bashes head in the wall- ...Strike Freedom...: Instead of firing about five beams in front of itself, why not have an extra beam rifle and replace the two shoulder cannons with EIGHT fin funnels! Yeah! More beam spamming so we don't have to animate more close combat scenes! They will love it! No no no, The SF's only design change was the wings. The mainframe is IDENTICAL with the first Freedom.

That's so cruel. It's true though, the part about beam spamming.

PaladinGundam
February 6, 2013, 3:38 PM
The reason why the Strike Freedom is so damn similar to Freedom is so that they can use OLD STOCK FOOTAGE of the Freedom. There are instances when this happened. It's also cruel and sad...but true.

Deathscythe!
February 6, 2013, 4:27 PM
Which one's the strongest of those 3 then ?

And why the heck does shinn use long range weapons for close combat ?

PaladinGundam
February 6, 2013, 6:20 PM
Because he is that bad ass. Listen, Kira can beat Athrun, Athrun can defeat Shinn and Shinn can defeat Kira in SEED Destiny. How the hell does that work? I say all three pilots are equal in power with Athrun being the strongest in SEED Mode. He never lost one battle while in it. One does not simple charge at Athrun Zala. I think all three of them are equal in terms of power because all three uses freakin nukes to power them up. It all depends on the skill of the pilot. But hey, the Infinite Justice has Beam shins. You can't beat that. It can FLASH kick.

Jae102
February 6, 2013, 6:29 PM
V2 wings of light > Destiny Wings of light and no aleast V2 wings of light looked cool weren't pink and could be used as a offensive or defensive weapon.

PaladinGundam
February 6, 2013, 6:53 PM
Uh, Pink is the TRUE color of being a man, buddy.
Just because they look cooler, it draws away from the Real Robot Genre. Wings of lights SHOULDN'T FLAP like a bird. What I like about the Destiny's wings of light is that they look more real then the V2's. Remember, this is REAL Robot Genre, not SUPER ROBOT. That's why I prefer the Destiny over the V2.

Jae102
February 6, 2013, 7:16 PM
Uh, Pink is the TRUE color of being a man, buddy.
Just because they look color, it draws away from the Real Robot Genre. Wings of lights SHOULDN'T FLAP like a bird. What I like about the Destiny's wings of light is that they look more real then the V2's. Remember, this is REAL Robot Genre, not SUPER ROBOT. That's why I prefer the Destiny over the V2.

What the hell is Destiny's Wings of light for show. No point to them at least V2 Wings of Light can be offensive and defensive weapons. No man will wear pink. Destiny Gundam's Wings are real yeah no man. Just because V2 Gundam Flaps like real wings and are weapons they're not real because Destiny Gundam's Wing are useless and can't do any thing but show off.

Deathscythe!
February 6, 2013, 7:31 PM
V2's Wings have to flap (or at least to be able to flap) in order to work. How else would it be able to defend itself ?

Squee
February 6, 2013, 8:05 PM
I don't mind CE. It's when rabid fanboys say it's the best and it will beat all else that annoys me. But there are always those who fall into that category for all fandoms. One of the main reasons i am happy for CE is that it gave us the stargazer ova's which imo are the best thing to come out of that whole thing!

extend
February 7, 2013, 1:35 AM
Cosmic Era is good but not perfect. Just like everything else, it has flaws. Gundam Seed, in many ways, has been a copy of MSG 0079 on most parts, especially the beginning, but it has a nice story. The only unacceptable thing is how Kira actually survived the self-detonation of Aegis at point-blank range with the cockpit of Strike slashed open. However, the rest of the story for me is OK. What killed this series is the over usage of flashbacks. But for the story, I really think it's good.

Seed Destiny is a total let down. There are lots of things that could have gone differently. Every one is making stupid decisions with misplaced emotions all over. It was also plagued with over usage of flashbacks.

I haven't read Astray manga so I can't tell more about it.

Stargazer was interesting, but it was too short.

Dlinker
February 7, 2013, 2:10 AM
I don't understand the fanboy-ism that's associated with CE, now that it's been mentioned. All I saw from SEED was pretty usual stuff for a robot show, not enough to cause someone to go "OMG Kira and crew will beat anybody and anything no matter what!!!". I was waiting for Kira to destroy everybody and everything within a few scenes. Didn't see it happen. I was expecting Athrun and Kira to trash the three druggies quickly. Didn't see that happen. I was expecting to see some gung-ho attitudes from all of the good guys for all of the victories they got. Nah, it wasn't there. Maybe Destiny is the one that caused it?

Kenico
February 7, 2013, 4:40 AM
When I give something a first glance, I usually give it another before I judge it. Ever since the remastered version of SEED finished, SEED Destiny remastered is on it's way. Giving Gundam SEED a second glance, I don't think it's that bad. The only thing I find wrong with it is the stupid stock footage and Jesus Yamato. How the HELL did he survive that explosion? I mean yeah, the HD version of that fight is way better than the one ten years ago...But...HOW!??!
So I give SEED a 3.5/5 for being something entertaining to watch with an AMAZING sound track...Oh dear god...
SEED Destiny...I watched the first 18 episodes and I got bored of it. It had a great start with Shinn! But something happens...Jesus...
So, I pressed on and watched more. Things were kinda getting interesting now that Kira is the main antagonist of SEED Destiny. I was on the edge of my seat when Shinn defeats Jesus...and HOW THE HELL did Jesus survive that explosion? Athrun becomes a follower to Jesus, Cagalli cries too much and Lacus is probably even a bigger Mary Sue than Jesus.
But is it really that bad? There are a few things that SEED Destiny brought to me that I enjoyed. The Sound Track (Again) Shinn Asuka(He had such a great potential. Just that things Efed up for him.) and the Destiny Gundam. (Which I have no idea why people hate. Really, those Wings of light look more real than the V2's.)
But what else am I missing? Is the Cosmic Era that bad?

Welcome to the Club Friend. Honestly you and i are on the same Frequency. SHINN had so much potential but then he gets thrown to the sidelines, and its sad to say the least. The Destiny was an ok suit but then i saw the Perfect Strike and thought it was better. Personally i blame the backroom politics for its demise and personally when it comes to the Cosmic Era in general the only two series that redeems it are Astray (both the Manga and the 2 episode OVAs) and of Course my Personal Favorite: Stargazer. In Truth SEED was a Good Gundam Show...and i say that very lightly...but if they were to redo some scenes (one of them being a way to explain how a certain Character survived his ordeal and went on to reappear in Destiny...and im not talking about Kira)...and get rid of the Stock footage It would be up to snuff and have better standing in the Gundam Community. As for Destiny...0_0...It doesnt need an HD Remaster...IT NEEDS A F***IN OVERHAUL! And when i mean overhaul i mean a complete reworking from the damn ground up. from SOME Mecha designs (dont get me wrong some were ok but they needed some work), to the Overall Story in General. but frankly the most important thing needed to overhaul it is the complete and utter removal of Director Fukuda and whats her face (whos also the wife of the forementioned director) from the project under the threat of being blackballed should they in anyway interfere. For further info consult my thread on the subject. Anyway, CE isnt a bad AGU (Alternate Gundam Universe) and it has potential for more stories, but until then...

Ultra
February 7, 2013, 6:48 AM
Why does everyone hate Seed Destiny so much?

Dlinker
February 7, 2013, 12:53 PM
Why does everyone hate Seed Destiny so much?

Probably because they feel it could have been done in a better way, instead of how it currently is where the presentation, characters, dialogue, plot, and etc. may have gotten somewhat out of hand. That's coming from the fact that the other series set in CE are generally pretty good (or at least okay), including Destiny's predecessor so then the question is why was Destiny in such a way?

ItsVince725
February 7, 2013, 1:17 PM
What's wrong with SEED Destiny, you may ask?

1. Shinn is made irrelevant when Kira comes back.
2. The Minerva crew's devotion to Durandal is...stupid.
3. Cagalli becomes irrelevant thanks to backroom politics.
4. The ending SUCKED.
5. Too much stock footage.
6. Too many flashbacks and clip shows.

And that's just what I can think of off the top of my head.

Deathscythe!
February 7, 2013, 2:30 PM
What's wrong with SEED Destiny, you may ask?

1. Shinn is made irrelevant when Kira comes back.
2. The Minerva crew's devotion to Durandal is...stupid.
3. Cagalli becomes irrelevant thanks to backroom politics.
4. The ending SUCKED.
5. Too much stock footage.
6. Too many flashbacks and clip shows.

And that's just what I can think of off the top of my head.

7. Everyone (or should I say ZAFT) just blindly obeys Meer's (They can't differentiate between Lacus and Meer btw) demands.
What I'm trying to refer to is that they are all retarded. Now seriously, who would do as someone resembling a whore (that's the best way to describe Meer's apparel) says?

8. Stupid questions. There's no need to ask someone what is going on when it's happening right in front of you.

ItsVince725
February 7, 2013, 3:35 PM
Oh, I forgot the fact that, despite being built up as being even more formidable than the Providence, the Legend goes down in like five minutes when up against Strike Freedom.

PaladinGundam
February 7, 2013, 3:36 PM
7. Everyone (or should I say ZAFT) just blindly obeys Meer's (They can't differentiate between Lacus and Meer btw) demands.
What I'm trying to refer to is that they are all retarded. Now seriously, who would do as someone resembling a whore (that's the best way to describe Meer's apparel) says?

8. Stupid questions. There's no need to ask someone what is going on when it's happening right in front of you.

9. Jesus Yamato.

10. The entire SEED cast shouldn't over shadow the SEED Destiny cast.

ItsVince725
February 7, 2013, 4:30 PM
Well not the ENTIRE SEED cast.

Remember how Yzak and Dearka were gone for almost the entire show without explanation?

Deathscythe!
February 7, 2013, 4:49 PM
9. Jesus Yamato.

10. The entire SEED cast shouldn't over shadow the SEED Destiny cast.

I'd not expell everyone. If I were to kick off some, it'd be Kira and Lacus.

Except for Athrun, I like the former Le Creuset Team. And I entirely agree with Vince : What was done to the Legend Gundam is just a "WTFish" fact.

Ultra
February 7, 2013, 4:52 PM
Well that's just because the Strike Freedom was better than the Freedom and Kira will have been more powerful in Destiny.

Gundamswag
February 7, 2013, 5:48 PM
Cosmic Era has a lot of flaws like people have pointed out. However, most of the flaws lie within SEED Destiny. I consider SEED to be a good anime. There are some things I would change about it like explaining more about "the seed"...how the hell Cagali's bodyguard even knows about "the seed", and NOT bringing back Waldfeld. Waldfeld's death was a major part of Kira's character development so bringing him back all of the sudden didn't make much sense. Another thing I would do is develop the character of Chairman Zalah a little more so it's easier to see where he's coming from. I know his wife died and shit but they should have had a flashback or something to show his pain.

Deathscythe!
February 7, 2013, 5:52 PM
^Speaking of returning, I've not seen you on the forums in a while, Gundamswag :D

Gundamswag
February 7, 2013, 5:57 PM
Yes, it has been a while. I went ham on gundam for a little too long and I got burnt out. I'm back tho. I'm looking forward to the next episode of Gundam Unicorn and the Pacific Rim movie. :D

Kenico
February 7, 2013, 10:43 PM
Cosmic Era has a lot of flaws like people have pointed out. However, most of the flaws lie within SEED Destiny. I consider SEED to be a good anime. There are some things I would change about it like explaining more about "the seed"...how the hell Cagali's bodyguard even knows about "the seed", and NOT bringing back Waldfeld. Waldfeld's death was a major part of Kira's character development so bringing him back all of the sudden didn't make much sense. Another thing I would do is develop the character of Chairman Zalah a little more so it's easier to see where he's coming from. I know his wife died and shit but they should have had a flashback or something to show his pain.

And i perfectly agree with you on that front. SEED was a decently good anime, Destiny was completely F'ed up due to backroom politics. As for certain Deaths in SEED, They should have been elaborated to why they survived or at least kept them dead to further the story, that way you get a better feel for them. i mean look how they did Rambal Ral (who Waltfeld was suppost to rep in SEED) when they killed him off. Even for a "Villan" the audience really felt bad that he died...and his pressence is still felt long after hes gone.

also i need to get something off my chest the way they handled the only Favorite Character in the CE Universe Aka Mu La Flaga...IF your gonna bring a badass like that back from the Dead you better give a DAMN good explanation or at best in SEED make it look like his suit disappeard instead of gettin F***in vaporized by a Beam Blast. And another thing... What the hell was the point making him come back as a "Temporary Villan" AKA Neo Roanoke (My theory about Destiny is that the guys were trying to cram both Zeta and ZZ Gundam Reps into this show and they did it halfassed on an EPIC Scale)? I Mean Seriously, i know They were trying to pull another Char Clone but as The Anime Overviewer elegantly put it Neo was more like Glemy Toto than Char. If i did it i would have pulled a 180 and revealed that Rau Le Cruset survived SEED and came back as i dont know a freaking Cyborg (Now i know they had a 'Clone' of Rau AKA Rey Za Burrel but he was a piss poor excuse) or something like that. Any way, Mu personally should have either stayed dead or as i once said allow him to survive and the enemy locked him up seeing as they couldnt brainwash him. personally that would have been more interesting and made Mu more of a badass (you can shoot at him, shoot him up, shoot him down, send him to deaths door, but you cant kill him and you sure as hell cant "recondition" him) which i personally wouldnt mind. *End of Nitpick :p*

PaladinGundam
February 8, 2013, 3:46 PM
How the hell did Kira survive the Aegis self destructing INTO THE COCKPIT?
How the hell did Kira survive the Freedom's NUCLEAR EXPLOSION?
How did Shinn survive that explosion as well?

Deathscythe!
February 8, 2013, 4:15 PM
How the hell did Kira survive the Aegis self destructing INTO THE COCKPIT?
How the hell did Kira survive the Freedom's NUCLEAR EXPLOSION?
How did Shinn survive that explosion as well?

The first question is clear. We, the forum members. have discussed about this before. Kira is said to be discovered by Lowe (Red Frame Astray pilot), I think. Additionally, you can clearly see him tumbling in front of that reverend's house.
How the heck did Athrun survive this btw ?

The other occurance is widely questioned. It seems that no one is aware of why they both survive the nuclear explosion.

Careful : SPOILER :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcWHKT8eH8s

Shin Starlord
February 8, 2013, 4:25 PM
The first question is clear. We, the forum members. have discussed about this before. Kira is said to be discovered by Lowe (Red Frame Astray pilot), I think. Additionally, you can clearly see him tumbling in front of that reverend's house.

I was wondering how he got from Earth to Space in no time flat. That part didn't make much sense.

PaladinGundam
February 8, 2013, 6:07 PM
Atrhun got out of the Aegis before it blows the frock up with the Strike. However, the shockwave broke his arm...but Kira DIDNT have any broken bones after that? I saw that video and yeah, it's bull crap. Kira should have not only been Excalibur stabbed, but blown to smithereens.

Kenico
February 8, 2013, 7:41 PM
Damn straight! I mean i would have bought it if he [Kira] shut off the Neutron Jammer Canceler BEFORE...and i mean BEFORE...Shinn Shanked him...then i would understand how the hell he survived that but come on! a Nuclear Blast...the only person i know for a FACT that can survive a Nuclear explosion is the Master Chief and hes not even in the Gundam Universe (we want him to but sadly we can only dream :p). But other than that theres no way in Hell anyone can practically survive a Nuke...

PaladinGundam
February 9, 2013, 5:01 AM
Despite being the most epic part of the series, it does have a lot of flaws. Seems that both SEED and SEED Destiny have a lot of things in common. This is one of them. Everything goes down hill after the FATED battle between two main characters. In this sense, Kira and Athrun's final battle in SEED and Shinn and Kira's battle. Both happen half way through their own show, and everything just got bad. But SEED wasn't as bad as SEED Destiny's down hill. There are too many minor characters in SEED...

Kenico
February 9, 2013, 5:05 AM
At least SEED had Astray to pull a rabbit out its butt to explain how the hell Kira survived his first moment but in Destiny hes SOL on that department...

Deathscythe!
February 9, 2013, 8:38 AM
I like seed. I don't favor it, but I do like it. But seriously, the biggest mistake to be made was made .... Elaborating the plot, the storywriters totally neglected this guy ... WHY ? He was my favourite character in SEED.

Shin Starlord
February 9, 2013, 10:04 AM
I like seed. I don't favor it, but I do like it. But seriously, the biggest mistake to be made was made .... Elaborating the plot, the storywriters totally neglected this guy ... WHY ? He was my favourite character in SEED.

He was maniacal. He seemed to only be Mu's rival and agitated Kira toward the end...

extend
February 9, 2013, 2:13 PM
One of my favorite villains...

Dlinker
February 9, 2013, 10:06 PM
You know, I get the feeling Rau represents the viewers who don't like SEED and/or SEED Destiny. He sees through the BS, he can anticipate when things will happen and how, and at the end he finally showed his true intention which was to wipe everything out since it was all completely f*cked up.

PaladinGundam
February 10, 2013, 2:14 AM
"the real world isn't as kind as the ones in pop songs!"
-Rau Le Cresaunt
How more right can you get?

Kenico
February 10, 2013, 2:30 AM
Exactly...IMO i think he was one of the Better Char Clones...im surprized they didnt bring him back at best as a cyborg (AND REY ZA BURREL DOSENT COUNT DAMMIT! hes more of the sissified version of Rau) they did it with Kira why not Rau.

PaladinGundam
February 10, 2013, 4:32 AM
I guess there is a difference between blowing the frick up and getting vaporized. Since he was evil, he dies. If you are good, you can live like Kira.
Kira survived because of his MAIN CHARACTER status. They should just remake SEED Destiny as a Parody of itself.

Kenico
February 10, 2013, 4:38 AM
?????????...Dude i swear if i had the capablities id do it myself! i can imagine it now, SEED Parody in the same light as TFS abridged...XD

extend
February 10, 2013, 8:47 AM
I often see Ray Za Burrel as a side kick for a boss villain. For the whole series, Seed Destiny was trying to make Ray something like a sneaky nemesis, but had an sudden change of heart based on Kira's simple powerless speech.

I mean look at him. He's like the ever faithful guy who knew Gilbert's plan all along and went along with it until the last episode where he broke down and shot Gilbert. There was no signs of him questioning Gilbert's plan throughout the story, and then after hearing a few words from a person he barely knew... bang...

Kenico
February 10, 2013, 8:53 AM
What speech?

extend
February 10, 2013, 10:58 AM
I was referring to Kira's answer to Gilbert while pointing guns at each other.

PaladinGundam
February 10, 2013, 7:39 PM
I would like an AU Manga of SEED where Kira ACTUALLY DIES and Shinn stays as the main character. Not sure how that will play out though.

Kenico
February 10, 2013, 7:39 PM
oh, THAT Speech! Thanx.

PaladinGundam
February 10, 2013, 11:14 PM
What was his Speech?

extend
February 11, 2013, 8:55 AM
He was just saying that he was against the Destiny Plan of Gilbert. He said he doesn't want an unchanging world, and if another conflict arises, he will keep on fighting for a future, not as the ultimate Coordinator, but just as a simple individual.

That was as far as I can remember. Please correct me if I mentioned something incorrect.

thwalker13
February 11, 2013, 12:31 PM
Pretty sure you hit the nail on the head extend.

PaladinGundam
February 11, 2013, 2:57 PM
wait, what? Kira wants the world to never change? But he is. fighting for a new future! He thinks the future isn't set! Fate is what we make! He is basically saying people can change the world, but not dirandel? He is such a hypocrite.

Dlinker
February 11, 2013, 3:14 PM
wait, what? Kira wants the world to never change? But he is. fighting for a new future! He thinks the future isn't set! Fate is what we make! He is basically saying people can change the world, but not dirandel? He is such a hypocrite.

I believe it's the opposite, no? Not wanting an unchanging world means he wants a changing world, haha.

PaladinGundam
February 11, 2013, 4:03 PM
oh guess I misread that.

extend
February 11, 2013, 8:35 PM
It's funny, I had the same feeling as Chris Guanche of MAHQ.net regarding Ray during the final episode.

"Also, why did Rey suddenly decide to shoot Durandal? He always put in an effort to make sure Shinn didn't listen to Athrun's nonsense, but then he himself fell victim to Kira's own Gundam protagonist babbling."

http://www.mahq.net/animation/gundam/seed-destiny/gsdep50.htm

As my answer to the topic, CE is not bad. Seed Destiny, however, is bad.

Kenico
February 11, 2013, 9:04 PM
Pretty much right on the nail what they have all said.

PaladinGundam
February 12, 2013, 2:01 AM
Agreed. I enjoyed SEED. But I lost brain cells after watching SEED Destiny. Moral of the Cosmic era, watch SEED and you will enjoy yourself. Watch SEED Destiny and you will lose all hope for the Cosmic Era.

extend
February 13, 2013, 8:42 AM
The idea of Shinn turning to the other side was actually a nice idea for me. I actually think it's refreshing. It was an ambitious idea. However, it is indeed very difficult to implement.

I agree on WackyModder's review of the Impulse/Shinn - Freedom/Kira battle. After seeing it for the very first time, I felt that the battle was so forced up.

Ok, so let's say that Freedom was supposed to be destroyed with Kira's survival in mind, how would you, guys, write down the script of the preparation and actual battle between them?

For me, I'd like to prepare Shinn for that battle not by just only studying the Freedom's movements. I'd have Shinn's actual skills to be developed throughout the series to be on par with the first batch of Extendeds during Seed where Kira and Athrun had a hard time dealing with.

Another thing that I would like to add is the mechanical and technical upgrade of Impulse. It could be a stronger thruster, tuned up engine according to Shinn's preference, an updated operating system, new weapons or anything that can be mentioned to upgrade the said suit.

U.C. used this concept on 0079 where the Gundam received upgrades. On Zeta, MK II turned into Super Gundam when docked with the G-Defensor. On Stardust Memories, GP01 received additional thrusters.

Those were the things that I can think as of the moment.

Deathscythe!
February 13, 2013, 9:02 AM
How I'd have written the script ? Well, differently. You know, despite S-Destiny being a reincarnation of Zeta Gundam (in terms of which, it totally failed) the Impulse was based on another Gundam.
It possesses easily exchangeable parts, as seen in the show. Hearing about that, what MS/Gundam do you have to think of ?

That's right :

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120628081936/gundam/images/9/92/V_Gundam_front.png

The Victory I Gundam shockingly resembles the Impulse.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110519101326/gundam/images/b/bc/ZGMF-X56S_Impulse_Gundam_-_Front_View.jpg

So, what did Uso usually do, when experiencing lack of ammo? That's right, he tossed his parts right towards the adversary!
Why ?
Because he was a F**king GENIUS! One of the strongest characters ever elaborated.

Furthermore, the Impulse would be supplied with additonal packs. In V-Gundam, Uso wouldn't. Once discarded a pack, he'd either have to retreat or fight with Vulcans.

So,

1. distress MS' resources
2. Dispose Parts and throw at Kira
3. Acquire new parts
4. ????
5. Profit

(Step 4+5 are jokes, in case of Kira, repeat steps 1-3)

PaladinGundam
February 19, 2013, 3:33 PM
I think it would have been more interesting ifnKira actually died after the nuclear explosion. I mean, that would change so many things! Kira actually dying? All hope is lost? Athrun perhaps has to do everything? It opens a lot of possibilties if Kira kicked the bucket.

Deathscythe!
February 19, 2013, 4:28 PM
I think it would have been more interesting ifnKira actually died after the nuclear explosion. I mean, that would change so many things! Kira actually dying? All hope is lost? Athrun perhaps has to do everything? It opens a lot of possibilties if Kira kicked the bucket.

Shinn Vs. Athrun
Mu La Flage vs. Rau Le Creuset's successor.

If everything had occured and progressed as I imagine, Shinn would have been upset, with some kind of Aspiration of his stirred up. But at the same time, Shinn would've been injured.

That would've led to him aspiring to defeat Athrun.

Once having recovered, he'd do everything he's capable of in order to vanquish Athrun.

PaladinGundam
February 19, 2013, 5:05 PM
And Athrun wouldn't be a Jesus Yamato Follower.
Wait, that would actually go somewhere between Rey and Mu?
Perfect Strike Vs Legend?
Who would win?
Remake SEED Destiny instead of making an HD release. Don't sugar coat pieces of crap.

Deathscythe!
February 19, 2013, 5:17 PM
Perfect strike ? Why perfect strike ? XD

Have you viewed Destiny throughoutly ?

ItsVince725
February 19, 2013, 5:36 PM
Yeah, Mu pilots the Akatsuki...

extend
February 20, 2013, 12:56 PM
Hmm it's weird that I do not want Kira to actually die. I want him to still be hanging around maybe as a support character.

PaladinGundam
February 20, 2013, 1:02 PM
Perfect strike ? Why perfect strike ? XD

Have you viewed Destiny throughoutly ?

Yes I did, but let me tell ask you this.

What would you prefer Mu to pilot the most? Rip off Artist Akatsuki or Frickin awesome Perfect Strike?

I would like to see The Perfect Strike to be repaired and somewhat upgraded with a neutron Jammer canceler.

Kenico
February 20, 2013, 1:07 PM
When it Comes to Kira, either kill him off or put him in a coma...END OF STORY!

RuinedExia18
March 13, 2013, 12:27 AM
Yes I did, but let me tell ask you this.

What would you prefer Mu to pilot the most? Rip off Artist Akatsuki or Frickin awesome Perfect Strike?

I would like to see The Perfect Strike to be repaired and somewhat upgraded with a neutron Jammer canceler.

WHOA WHOA WHOA THERE

I see that you called the Akatsuki a ripoff.
That's pretty interesting, the Akatsuki being original and all.

PaladinGundam
March 13, 2013, 12:46 AM
listen, any gundam that is golden plated 100% is a rip off to the Hyaku Shiki. what is original about the Akatsuki

extend
March 13, 2013, 5:15 AM
It's like saying all Gundams that transform are Zeta rip-off, or any Gundams that use remote weapons are Nu-Gundam rip-off. Then what about the red-blue-white color combination of the Gundams? You'd call that a rip-off of RX-78-2?

I don't see designs or concepts being reused over the Gundam metaverse. It's Gundam after all. I'd refer it as homage. If a design or concept was applied outside of the realms of Gundam and Bandai, that is what I consider a rip-off.

PaladinGundam
March 13, 2013, 5:35 AM
I guess you do have a point there. Every Gundam would be considered a rip off on the original 78 if that we're the case.

ItsVince725
March 13, 2013, 8:47 AM
Akatsuki is sort of a...Hyaku Strike.

If Strike only had two packs and both of them were backpacks.

swark34
March 13, 2013, 12:26 PM
After Finally finishing it its not bad but there are some major problems.
I hate like how Yamato didn't die and he thought he was perfect and everything he did was right. I thought they should have explained the ''seed'' thingy better. I also thought Yamato broke guy code when he started messing with Lacus . I know that Lacus and Athran had a arraigned marriage but I could still see the hurt in his eyes. Next Athran at first I thought he was bad ass but I think he grew soft.

But I will give him a few points for being a solider and trying to kill his best friend. But Yamato made him soft. Like I wish somebody would take my girl and destroy my mobile suit im coming back for that ass. I just felt like in Seed Destiny he didn't have it anymore and he was soft as toilet paper. As Cagali or however you say her name I think she was a good gorilla solider but as far as a ms pilot I thought she sucked . I thought that her strike rouge was a waste I don't think she ever even shot at anybody in it . From all that time that they had to customize it that time could have went somewhere else. Other than some character flaws cosmic era wasn't bad.

RuinedExia18
March 13, 2013, 11:44 PM
Yeah. People already said what I was going to.
Every mobile suit that is the same color as another is a ripoff? No way, homie.
Plus, Destiny is supposed to have some relation to the Zeta Gundam series, and if looking a little like the Hyaku shiki was the point, they definitely nailed it.

jaster-jesek
March 19, 2013, 4:53 PM
The CE universe was perhaps the one that could provide the best stories next to the UC one. But Gundam Seed Destiny was pretty bad-- and unfortunately left the universe in such a condition, it couldn't really be followed up very well with any more stories. Not without doing a major time-skip of 20+ years at least.

I am utterly shocked that anyone would dispute that the Akatsuki was a blatant homage to the Hyakushiki.

Not only the mobile suits, a lot of characters in Gundam Seed were direct homage to the UC characters.
Amuro -> Kira
Athrun -> Char
Sayla -> Cagali
Raul -> Waltfield
Garma-> Yzak
Ghiren->Rau
Lala->Nicol
Kamule->Shinn

The story wasn't identical, but it was similar enough to make it easy to make the direct comparisons. In fact, a lot of the relationships between the characters are better than they were in the original story.
Actually, had Seed not rushed their whole version of the "Titans" near the end of the series and Seed Destiny stuck a bit closer to the basic developments of Z and ZZ instead of making things all too similar to Seed, it might have come across a bit better.

Xenophobic
August 13, 2013, 10:45 AM
Imo , Seed are a lot better from Destiny ..

I've watch both of UC series and CE series .. Maybe CE plot have a simmiliar of with the uc series ..
But i think , without too much fan service , Seed and Seed Destiny are not to bad as lot of people think ..

For Seed ,

I enjoyed to watch the earlier episode from the series , since the destroyed of aegis and strike , and start of the ORB + Lacus damn hypocrite era , its getting sucks ..

Crybaby kira in the earlier ep is more realistic than the hypocrite kira in the later until the seed destiny

For Seed Destiny ,

It just like a Kira + Athrun fan service series .. Lot of fan service and lack of char building make this series really worst ..

- The phantom pain trio Sting , Auel and stellar is suck , they r god damn too weak for a major villain in the series .. Stellar is only made to be CE's Four Murasame ..
- if the Earth Army is goin advance for their extended human tech , how can the phantom pain trio is weaker than the ols generation ? ( orga , shani and clotho ) .. The old generation can almost match whole of the protagonist in the last battle , but the new gen ? Even Yzak can kick sting and auel ass easily without his Duel
- how can the best ship among the ZAFT army has only an amateur n weak crew among the series ?
- what in the heck of Gil's mind when he place the amateur rey and luna as the "ace team" on ZAFT Army when he still have Yzak and Dearka ? Hell , both of them ( Yzak and Dearka ) are the living witness from the last battle , and if it goes from the original plot , they must be the best that ZAFT had on the destiny era
- Mwu is one char from CE timeline , his heroic moment in the last seed battle is one of the most epic moment from the seed series .. I lost my respect for this damn good chara when they plan to "ressurect" him in seed destiny .. Just let him and Andrew Waltfield die as a hero ( even andy is a villain )
- they want ressurect Rau and his Providence who even die , it can smash freedom into pieces . But Rey and Legend is destroy into pieces by Kira + Strike Freedom without every single scratch

My little correction for this series maybe ,

- bring back shinn as main char
- not make athrun have too much action
- kick luna , rey and the minerva crew , just bring back the Zala Team in GS reunite + shinn as the junior pilot
- never ressurect mwu
- make a better and stronger villain
- KILL KIRA
- KILL LACUS
- LET SAHAKU'S PAWN CAGALI AT THE GOVERMENT

jaster-jesek
August 13, 2013, 11:48 AM
You know, Xenophobic-- a lot of your criticisms about Destiny also apply to Seed-- in fact, most Gundam series.

You think Athrun, Yzak, Nicole, Dearka and Rusty were the prime elite ZAFT team? Not at all!
All except for Rusty were children of the PLANTS Supreme Council members. The only one of them that was necessarily skilled as Athrun.

Anyway, so you take the children of all the ZAFT bigwigs and put them on a squad under your best Captain.... well, I guess that makes sense if they are meant to be some sort of ceremonial, ideal squad that stays away from the real fighting, but is made out to look like heroes to boost morale and recruitment into the armed forces. What you certainly do NOT do is take that squad, put them on a top super-secret mission to capture the enemy's new super suits from their secret location and to permanently assign them to these suits and continuously send them into the most dangerous fights-- particularly after they repeatedly fail and ESPECIALLY after even one of them, much less two or three, get killed.

In comparison, Gilbert Durandal's choice of assigning his lover to the best ship in the fleet and given his relationship to Rey and what he thought Rey to be capable of, it shouldn't even be questioned why he would assign him to that same ship and give him the best suit he had available.

And, honestly, how do Athrun, Yzack and Dearka even get off the rope after outright betraying their own nation? Even if one chooses not to execute them, how do you go about assigning them as high ranking members of the military after such open rebellion and firing upon their own countrymen?

What was done with Mwu and Andy is absolutely no worse than what happened with Char in UC. He got resurrected three times, four if you count Full Frontal. But, I guess the whole Andy thing was left over from the "what if Ramba Raul had lived and joined the White Base?" fantasies many old Gundam fans had.

But-- sure... there was no doubt a theme of "let the protagonists get off without any consequences for their actions" running through CE far more so than UC.

Deathscythe!
August 13, 2013, 12:17 PM
You know, Xenophobic-- a lot of your criticisms about Destiny also apply to Seed-- in fact, most Gundam series.

You think Athrun, Yzak, Nicole, Dearka and Rusty were the prime elite ZAFT team? Not at all!
All except for Rusty were children of the PLANTS Supreme Council members. The only one of them that was necessarily skilled as Athrun.

Anyway, so you take the children of all the ZAFT bigwigs and put them on a squad under your best Captain.... well, I guess that makes sense if they are meant to be some sort of ceremonial, ideal squad that stays away from the real fighting, but is made out to look like heroes to boost morale and recruitment into the armed forces. What you certainly do NOT do is take that squad, put them on a top super-secret mission to capture the enemy's new super suits from their secret location and to permanently assign them to these suits and continuously send them into the most dangerous fights-- particularly after they repeatedly fail and ESPECIALLY after even one of them, much less two or three, get killed.

In comparison, Gilbert Durandal's choice of assigning his lover to the best ship in the fleet and given his relationship to Rey and what he thought Rey to be capable of, it shouldn't even be questioned why he would assign him to that same ship and give him the best suit he had available.

And, honestly, how do Athrun, Yzack and Dearka even get off the rope after outright betraying their own nation? Even if one chooses not to execute them, how do you go about assigning them as high ranking members of the military after such open rebellion and firing upon their own countrymen?

What was done with Mwu and Andy is absolutely no worse than what happened with Char in UC. He got resurrected three times, four if you count Full Frontal. But, I guess the whole Andy thing was left over from the "what if Ramba Raul had lived and joined the White Base?" fantasies many old Gundam fans had.

But-- sure... there was no doubt a theme of "let the protagonists get off without any consequences for their actions" running through CE far more so than UC.

Yzack didn't decive Zaft. Hence, he had a white coat and was apparently a commander. However, Dearka was wearing a Green coat in the entire show hinting that he'd been degraded to an ensign/simple soldier.

Xenophobic
August 13, 2013, 12:36 PM
Sorry if my oppinion is worng or lack of ce experience ..

Im not well know about rusty piloting skilla , but among them i think Yzak and Athrun are good pilot .. Except Athrun have the "unbelieveable seed mode" ..

Yes you are right that how can those trio get a high rank when they have been a traitor from the last battle ..

But my opinion base on the destiny timeline when Yzak allready be a ship commander in ZAFT , in my assumption , his rank are getting higher than the seed timeline .. And if im not wrong , in the last seed moment who are traitor r Dearka and Athrun who shoot among ZAFT army ( and we can see dearka now just in Green suit right now ) , but Yzak in the last battle are still with ZAFT , he just protect cagalli and shoot downs the 2 druggies ..

I've little assumption maybe he almost got death punishment bcoz his mother were under arrest ( seed ending , theres a scene where his mother got arrested / coup d etat from another councill member , the siegel clyne's loyalists maybe ) and he maybe become one among the suspect from his mom faction

Maybe i can say my point are , maybe its better to place rey always in gil side , and just show off on the last battle .. And i dont have any idea yet for Luna .. Since i think bot of them just a burden for ZAFT army among the series , see how can they usually almost beat up .. Even on the battle scene when haine's dead , they survive maybe bcoz freedom's appearance ..

Yes , Char have ressurect more than one times , but i think they have "paid" it on CCA . If Full Frontal is really Char who survive again , then maybe i'll turn arround from char lovers into haters :p

Andy thing maybe simmiliar for that fantasies , but for me its becoma FAILED not Epic . Same goes with Mwu . And if notted , since his surviving moment , he lost his arm and leg , and make his pilotting skills getting worse . But why it not goes with kira and athrun . And last , what the meaning of gaia gundam andy customs , it just like they made it to purchase more money from the model kit selling , for those andy fans , since how can eternal make that unit when the original ar belong in earth / minerva .

Republic-of-Zeon-Pilot
August 13, 2013, 2:06 PM
It's probably not that bad. I watched a bit and just couldn't make myself like the characters. There were good aspects to the show, but if I can't like the characters or find admiration or empathy for them I won't really enjoy the show.

Gundam Fancritic
August 16, 2013, 11:50 PM
Leave athrun alone!

Xenophobic
August 17, 2013, 4:14 PM
Leave athrun alone!

Ahthrun is getting worse and worse after aegis been shoot down perhaps

Deathscythe!
August 17, 2013, 6:08 PM

Absolutely! I agree!

swark34
August 17, 2013, 6:27 PM

I also agree. He grew soft. Id admit i used to think he was a bad ass. Well he used to be ill give this. He used to be a good solider i dnt know many ppl that would try to kill their bestfriend

Xenophobic
August 18, 2013, 4:24 AM
Seed is not bad as the series start , but how they develope it their storyline its getting worse ..

In my eye , its good when the creator pretend athrun as badass character , why he must grow into emo kid like kira ? Its verry neccesary to see how he change into emo boy too so damn quickly ..

If Kira goes with no killing policy , than its rock to keep athrun with kill every evil people policy .. Maybe its similiar like rurouni kenshin have kenshin and saito in same way but totally different policy .. Its simmiliar story , when im little upset to see endles waltz's miliardo peacecraft

Seed have a strong point when they have a lot of cool chara whole of the series ..

Its similiar like they want to combine and rebuild OYW + Z plot with different detail and chara and also better graphic n visualization

I dont deny it , that seed have a better chara than the old series , when the old series only have 2 cool pilot inside Amuro and Char , CE have a lot ..

For me example , how can you conpare Ramba Ral fat mustache old daddy looklike with Andy ? Dont look their personality or plot , just take a look their physical appearance

Maybe they want make a good / evil ms heroine , with cagalli , stellar , luna .. But the result ? FAILED .. Dont compare it with Haman , but Noin can solos them easily !

But as the series goes by , the chara plot gettin worse , creep and yaoi lol

RuinedExia18
August 19, 2013, 12:54 AM
You're all seriously missing the point here.

By the way, Athrun is my favorite from the SEED series.

Anyway, to finalize the thread on this forum, the Cosmic era timeline really isn't all that bad. The one and only problem that caused me much trouble was the lack of maturity that Kira represented in Seed. In destiny, Shinn only cries a few times, as opposed to Kira crying every episode. If you can survive the crying, you'll find a deeper plot that's extremely addicting once you start to understand what is going on. And when you reach Destiny, you'll be happy with that too. I've still never been able to comprehend why anyone hates the cosmic era timeline that gave it a fair chance; I'm really in favor of the MS designs and the plot points. Also, i'm in love with Mu La Flaga.

RuinedExia18
August 19, 2013, 1:06 AM
I don't want to double post, but when Kira survived that explosion of the Aegis, I wasn't all that surprised.

1. When the Aegis exploded, the outer limbs and armor exploded first, thus knocking the Strike away before the reactor/engine exploded; meaning that Kira was a pretty good distance away and the only reason he was really injured is because he was thrown out of the machine.
2. I was more surprised that Athrun survived the explosion. He wasn't in an MS when the exterior exploded, which should have killed him. I think we're looking at Jesus Zala, not Jesus Yamato.
3. Alas, if you read the Astray manga, Lowe Guile quickly took Kira to where he could receive medical attention; but he ignored Athrun's body. Not sure why, but it happened.

As for the hatred toward Athrun:
1. Kira wasn't his best friend when they tried killing each other. They had known each other in previous years of their life, and were best friends at that time. However, I feel that Athrun felt closer to Nicol at that time, and Kira killing Nicol threw Athrun into the deep end. If I were Athrun, I would have done the same. Of course I realize that revenge solves nothing, but in Athrun's position he was a soldier. Kira was just a teen riding a Gundam. While Athrun and Nicol had noble reasons for joining the military, Kira joined so that he could help the ship and his friends. But while doing that, he joined the side of the war that had some of the most screwed up moral values and even worse actions. For all of Kira's talk of peace, he was on the side of the war that took Athrun's mother. And at that point, Athrun saw Kira as someone who killed Nicol and sided with those that killed his mom. I'd kill Kira in that scenario. Anyone that wouldn't needs to find somewhere to be taught how to be a man.
2. For those who said Athrun got soft after the Aegis exploded... That was when he and Cagalli started their romance. Have you ever been in a relationship, and stopped doing something because of that relationship? Yeah, you have. And Athrun decided to not kill as much, because he was getting the sweet Cagalli poon.

swark34
August 19, 2013, 1:33 AM
[QUOTE=RuinedExia18;99837]I don't want to double post, but when Kira survived that explosion of the Aegis, I wasn't all that surprised.

1. When the Aegis exploded, the outer limbs and armor exploded first, thus knocking the Strike away before the reactor/engine exploded; meaning that Kira was a pretty good distance away and the only reason he was really injured is because he was thrown out of the machine.
2. I was more surprised that Athrun survived the explosion. He wasn't in an MS when the exterior exploded, which should have killed him. I think we're looking at Jesus Zala, not Jesus Yamato.
3. Alas, if you read the Astray manga, Lowe Guile quickly took Kira to where he could receive medical attention; but he ignored Athrun's body. Not sure why, but it happened.

As for the hatred toward Athrun:
1. Kira wasn't his best friend when they tried killing each other. They had known each other in previous years of their life, and were best friends at that time. However, I feel that Athrun felt closer to Nicol at that time, and Kira killing Nicol threw Athrun into the deep end. If I were Athrun, I would have done the same. Of course I realize that revenge solves nothing, but in Athrun's position he was a soldier. Kira was just a teen riding a Gundam. While Athrun and Nicol had noble reasons for joining the military, Kira joined so that he could help the ship and his friends. But while doing that, he joined the side of the war that had some of the most screwed up moral values and even worse actions. For all of Kira's talk of peace, he was on the side of the war that took Athrun's mother. And at that point, Athrun saw Kira as someone who killed Nicol and sided with those that killed his mom. I'd kill Kira in that scenario. Anyone that wouldn't needs to find somewhere to be taught how to be a man.
2. For those who said Athrun got soft after the Aegis exploded... That was when he and Cagalli fstarted their romance. Have you ever been in a relationship, and stopped doing something because of that relationship? Yeah, you have. And Athrun decided to not kill as much, because he was getting the sweet Cagalli poon.[/QUOT

Those are some very good points. Ive never thought about it like that . Excepts the cagalli part. I think lacus has the better poon

thwalker13
August 19, 2013, 8:03 AM
I think that RuinedExia hit the nail on the head. Personally, SEED and Destiny are 2 of my favorite series'. Like Exia I look past the flaws and see a much deeper story. For me, it's all about the story. A good story will grab and keep my attention more than anything. SEED and Destiny did that for me.

RuinedExia18
August 19, 2013, 10:33 AM
I would have to agree that I personally would rather have Lacus than Cagalli, but Athrun didn't have a choice. Kira just kinda stole his girlfriend.
So, Athrun was getting the poon. That's probably why Rau La Creuset was so angry at the world. He wasn't getting any poon.

Metalic91
August 19, 2013, 12:33 PM
The name of this post is "Is Cosmic Era that bad?"

While personally I find SEED to be rather meh and Destiny to be rather abominable, I don't think the Cosmic Era is that bad at all, I do like the MS designs, I do like the stuff that came out of the universe, Stargazer, the astray mangas, etc.

It is easy to interpret these sort of posts as a "Lets bash SEED/Destiny again!" that is not what the post is asking the post is asking about the universe as a whole and as a whole, no it is not really that bad. Most of my problems with both series are attributed to plot/characterization/story telling elements, particularly in Destiny. Those elements can be made independent of the universe itself and to honestly answer the question at hand we all should try to isolate what we dislike about the universe as a whole and evaluate how it stands on its own without those problems, and on its own without a comparison to any other AU