PDA

View Full Version : Armored Core

Jfl0
February 6, 2013, 1:36 AM
God I love Armored Core.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pYlJAeoHBU&list=PLyEsxmFyW-mEEH8wwi7E9DPhqn2SU9FeU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40xlGMGz55Y&list=PLyEsxmFyW-mEEH8wwi7E9DPhqn2SU9FeU

Shin Starlord
February 6, 2013, 5:40 AM
I love the games too. Well, I love the game for Playstation. I wish they didn't just release them on XBox... such a waste...

TwilightKing
February 6, 2013, 8:41 AM
Anyone here play Armored Core V?

Dlinker
February 6, 2013, 12:44 PM
Oh man, this takes me back to when I was playing Armored Core 2 on the PS2 several years ago. I got my butt handed to me so many times in the first few missions that I gave up on it for a few days. I came back to it after googling up a strategy guide/FAQ to help me deal with the pain, haha. Turns out I had to lose several more times and then I get free access to some decent starting equipment. Starting missions were fun after that.

I decided after a few missions that I was good enough to start the Arena battles. Did well for the first few fights, but then I got to someone I couldn't beat at all, no matter what I did. Again, I started to give up on the game (it really got frustrating, haha). Until a desperate idea came to me. How about I just spend all of my earnings so far buying that big-ass grenade launcher? End result is I made it to the top four until I had to do more missions. Man, those were some good times...

extend
February 6, 2013, 12:46 PM
White Glint from For Answer

RX-0
February 6, 2013, 10:54 PM
White Glint from For Answer

is the devil to fight

Jfl0
February 7, 2013, 6:05 PM
is the devil to fight

I popped him on hard mode fairly easily. That mission with the sol dios cannons on hard mode? NEVER AGAIN.

Anyone play Armored Core V?

Not yet. money and time have preoccupied me with other things.

Hadosan
March 22, 2013, 4:08 AM
I've only played 4, 4 answers, and V

Shin Starlord
March 22, 2013, 5:50 AM
Since we're on Armored Core... I just want to ask

Has anyone played "Another Century's Episode", made by the same developers of Armored Core?
If you didn't know...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Another_Century%27s_Episode

Jfl0
December 3, 2013, 1:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idOEW-svOtE&feature=youtu.be

thwalker13
December 3, 2013, 1:40 PM
I remember playing one of these games for the PS2 way back in the day. Don't remember what the specific name of it was though.

Jfl0
December 3, 2013, 3:02 PM
I remember playing one of these games for the PS2 way back in the day. Don't remember what the specific name of it was though.

There were a couple for the PS2.

Armored Core 2
Armored Core 2: Another Age
Armored Core 3
Armored Core: Silent Line
Armored Core: Nexus
Armored Core: Formula Front
Armored Core: Nine Breaker
Armored Core: Last Raven

I have played:

Armored Core (1997) (own)
Armored Core: Project Phantasma (1997) (own)
Armored Core: Master of Arena (1999)
Armored Core 2 (2000)
Armored Core 2: Another Age (2001) (own)
Armored Core 3 (2002) (own)
Armored Core: Nine Breaker (2004) (own)
Armored Core 4 (2006) (own)
Armored Core: For Answer (2008) (own)

I love Armored Core to death; as much as Gundam. You know I'm gonna be doing one of these kotobukiyas (http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYVI-29/Sci) in the future.

Random trivia: BFF does not stand for best friends forever. It stands for Bernard Felix Foundation, and I blew up their arms fort to high hell xDDDDDDDD White Glint is one of my favorite AC's (its technically a NEXT) of all time, up there with UNSUNG (http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYVI-46/Sci). Stasis is also an awesome looking AC. I want them all damnit.

thwalker13
December 3, 2013, 5:16 PM
Yeah... I think it was either 2 or 3. I really have no idea. lol It was so long ago and I just couldn't get into it.

Psyco Diver
December 3, 2013, 5:32 PM
I had Armored Core and AC2, its been so long since I played it I nearly forgot everything about it anymore though. I was thinking of getting ACV but it seems reviews range widely from either hating it or loving it, not much middle ground so I've been holding off till I can find a cheap used version

Zaku
December 3, 2013, 6:51 PM
Why camt we have a gundam game like armored core? I miss Zeonic front.

Kenico
December 3, 2013, 7:52 PM
been a fan of AC for as long as I can remember since I played AC 2 for the PS2. then came for answer and V and ive been an admant fan lol. Like Zaku said, man I wish theyd do a Gundam Based Armored Core deal (sorry if I bastardized that lol)

extend
December 4, 2013, 3:40 AM
Since we're on Armored Core... I just want to ask

Has anyone played "Another Century's Episode", made by the same developers of Armored Core?
If you didn't know...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Another_Century%27s_Episode

Yeah. I played this on my PS2. I loved this game.

Zeta-G
December 4, 2013, 3:59 AM
I've played ACE: R on the PS3. It's fun. From Software also made a Gundam Unicorn game for PS3, no idea how good that one is.

As for Armored Core, I played the crap out of them on PS1 and PS2, but I don't care for the PS3/360 Armored Core games as much.

To Shin Starlord: Armored Core is available on PS3 in addition to 360. If the PS3 version hasn't been localized for South Africa, you should be able to import it from the US or Europe. For the most part, PS3 games aren't region locked (Persona 4 Arena is the only exception that I know of).

Shin Starlord
December 4, 2013, 6:27 AM
I would if I had a PS3, lol. I'd also like to play AC4, seeing as how it starts off a new Universe.

Having some enhanced remakes of AC1, Project Phantasma and Masters of Arena (remade as one game) would be nice though.

@Kenico
That actually sounds like a great idea, though I'm guessing some people wouldn't like the idea, however it could be like how DWG is, uses an engine from another system with Gundam units.

It can only be good, considering the realism of AC.

Nightmare of Solomon
March 20, 2014, 12:16 AM
Always wanted to play Armored Core :/

Shin Starlord
March 21, 2014, 5:50 AM
Always wanted to play Armored Core :/

Soon enough, bro. Put it on your list for now.

Nightmare of Solomon
March 21, 2014, 8:32 AM
Haha I definitely should. I really ought to start getting mech games for actual consoles, I have a Xbox 360 but I only have ZZ destroyer gunner for the phone

Shin Starlord
March 21, 2014, 5:47 PM
I think there are a few Armored Core games on 360, but I'm not entirely sure...

If you ever get a PS2, get Armored Core 3. This game is definitely worth your free time.
I only have a PS2, but I make the best of it.

Nightmare of Solomon
March 21, 2014, 11:48 PM
Will definitely take note of it ;)

Bossguy
March 21, 2014, 11:52 PM
In Armored Core multiplayer on the PS3 every territory is controlled by a group called Neo Zeon. Those players are obviously Gundam fans.

Nightmare of Solomon
March 22, 2014, 1:04 AM
The only ACTUAL mech game I can be proud of to say I played was Virtual On. The only other game I've played focused purely on japanese mechs is ZZ Gunner on the iOS which will terminate service by the 31st of March (dafuq?!) anyone still remember this arcade classic?

Zeon's RedComet
March 22, 2014, 3:06 AM
In Armored Core multiplayer on the PS3 every territory is controlled by a group called Neo Zeon. Those players are obviously Gundam fans.

https://24.media.tumblr.com/02563e539860d7462aab1ec0aa218917/tumblr_n28eoacWif1sbilflo1_400.gif

It should be noted where there are giant robots, Zeon is there, even if you don't know it.

Zeta
March 25, 2014, 12:10 AM
So what are the controls for any of the Armored Core games? I'd like to know for research purposes.

PsychoMantis
April 8, 2014, 10:58 PM
Damn i love Armored Core. I actually still have the first armored core in good condition. I have almost all the armored core games, i believe i am missing one. I fell inlove with Gundam because of armored core.

I used to play V all the time but none of my friends helped me and wasn't fun by myself so i took a break. I should get back into it tho.