PDA

View Full Version : On Average

GNzaku0023
November 10, 2010, 10:36 PM
How long does it take for you to finish a 1/144 kit, a 1/100 kit, or a 1/60 kit.
For me (I have not yet built a 1/60th) It's about six hours. Including panel lining

Zeta-G
November 10, 2010, 10:41 PM
How long does it take for you to finish a 1/144 kit, a 1/100 kit, or a 1/60 kit.
For me (I have not yet built a 1/60th) It's about six hours. Including panel lining
Depends on how complicated the suit is (for instance, MG Force impulse took me much longer than my MG Anavel Gato Custom Gelgoog). I'm also a bit anal about getting my panel lining just right, so I tend to just take my time.
In short, my completion times greatly vary depending on a number of factors, so I can't really given an average completion time.

GNzaku0023
November 10, 2010, 10:43 PM
I can see that. Kshatriya's probably going to take me a while, due to the fact I would like to paint some things here and there. I really want to make that kit look perfect

Skittles
November 10, 2010, 11:18 PM
I don't think I've ever sat and just built a kit. After a fairly bad auto accident, my back just can't handle it. So I'll normally spend just under a week on a kit - torso and head one evening after work, arms and probably feet another, then legs and lower torso... Paint here and there if I need to... And that's all assuming I don't get home dead tired or have something else to take care of. And I almost always have a computer nearby with chat on/headset talking on the webphone.

However, I know I have built kits in just a couple hours while being otherwise social with guests, but there were still breaks in there to lay on the floor and stretch my back.

Gunpla started as a very social activity for me. :D

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 11:30 AM
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about that. But I suppose it makes it all the more worth it when you complete a kit huh?

SilverFrameAstray
November 11, 2010, 5:55 PM
You now how quickly I blow through building kits. I'd say about two hours tops. Including panel lining. That's for a 1/144 btw. For 1/100 it's probably around three. I would love to build a 1/100 God Gundam. *shivers*

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 8:04 PM
I'd like to see you plow through a PG kit.

SilverFrameAstray
November 11, 2010, 8:49 PM
Hahaha. I want to. I'll have to do at least two to see if the two times are relative.

Asterisk
November 12, 2010, 6:34 AM
Let's put it this way. Earlier this year, I built 18 kits (Sinanju included) over the span of a month. Last month, I built 2 MGs (Gouf 2.0, Acguy) and a HGUC Rick Dom II in under a week.

NanoSpore
November 12, 2010, 8:56 AM
I feel slow now. :P
I typically take my time... most of them take me about a week building say the legs in one session, arms in another, etc. Depends on how I'm feeling and how much time I have. :P Although most of the 1/144 can be done lining and all in an hour or so (without painting.)

Zeta-G
November 12, 2010, 12:56 PM
Let's put it this way. Earlier this year, I built 18 kits (Sinanju included) over the span of a month. Last month, I built 2 MGs (Gouf 2.0, Acguy) and a HGUC Rick Dom II in under a week.
Okay, uber-modeler. We acknowledge your mad modeling skills. :)

Asterisk
November 12, 2010, 9:25 PM
In all fairness, most WERE HGUC, and I never fully detailed a few of them.

squeam
December 6, 2010, 6:37 PM
"In the zone" doesn't closely describe that magnitude of building in such a short span of time.

Asterisk
December 7, 2010, 6:25 AM
I had a lot more free time then, and Gunpla is my main hobby.

squeam
January 17, 2011, 8:52 PM
Done! Timed it. 2 hours 47 minutes for the HGAW Gundam X. Now, this kit needed very little paint and had lots of white, which lent itself to a very short cleanup time. I wouldn't say I was "hurrying" but I am very competitive and find it hard to "shut off" racing the clock.

GNzaku0023
January 17, 2011, 9:06 PM
Done! Timed it. 2 hours 47 minutes for the HGAW Gundam X. Now, this kit needed very little paint and had lots of white, which lent itself to a very short cleanup time. I wouldn't say I was "hurrying" but I am very competitive and find it hard to "shut off" racing the clock.

Well If you're competitive, I have a challenge for you my good sir.

Go out and purchase the HGUC Gaplant Hrairoo, give it a custom paint job, and beat my 12 hour time frame. No gouges, no stress marks, and everything (including extra pieces) perfectly trimmed and fitted. Have at thee my good sir squeam!!!

SilverFrameAstray
January 17, 2011, 9:13 PM

Well If you're competitive, I have a challenge for you my good sir.

Go out and purchase the HGUC Gaplant Hrairoo, give it a custom paint job, and beat my 12 hour time frame. No gouges, no stress marks, and everything (including extra pieces) perfectly trimmed and fitted. Have at thee my good sir squeam!!!

...Psh. Could do it in 8.

squeam
January 17, 2011, 10:04 PM
Hmmm...I am tempted. If I hadn't already built the Gaplant....maybe another kit?

squeam
January 17, 2011, 10:07 PM
Ok, just went to GSAM...only 15 bucks! Ok, I accept. But gonna be a little while til I get the kit.

Wait! If you think me already building a Gaplant is unfair, let me know.

GNzaku0023
January 17, 2011, 10:09 PM
here's the other part
you have to start at 3 in the afternoon, finish it in one sitting, and try to be done by 3 am the next day. Full custom paint and all.

Kamari13
January 27, 2011, 12:22 AM
HG's - 20 -30mins

NG's - 1/100 - same amount of time as HG's

MG - 1 to 2 hour's depending on the MG

PG - 1-3 day's depending on the PG

painting takes a day if done right (this includes the inner frame)

then panel lining 8-)

Zeta
January 31, 2011, 11:15 PM
For me it usually takes about:

HG- 6 hours (give or take)

MG- 36 hours (on average)

PG- Haven't built one yet (they're so expensive).