PDA

View Full Version : Shameless Self-Promotion

squeam
November 9, 2010, 4:21 PM
Just thought that since a few of us have YouTube channels we need a place to tell others about uploads/new reviews. I'll go first:

Just re-posted my review of my Master Grade Nemo. I got a new camera and thought the Nemo deserved better than the old camera. Check it out on my channel.

SilverFrameAstray
November 9, 2010, 10:13 PM
We've actually been having trouble with editing our videos for our channel so we're at a stand still for now. We have like 6 pending reviews to go up, and about 9 more reviews to do.

I'm totally gonna check out your nemo though, RondoCii likes it :3

GNzaku0023
November 9, 2010, 10:49 PM
I watched your reviews, and I have to say, not bad man, not bad at all. That nemo kit almost looks good enough for me to put it on my list. I've never been one for GM/GM variants, but that looks pretty good.

SilverFrameAstray
November 9, 2010, 10:53 PM
I watched your reviews, and I have to say, not bad man, not bad at all. That nemo kit almost looks good enough for me to put it on my list. I've never been one for GM/GM variants, but that looks pretty good.

Haha, but they're so amazing! The daughtress for my life. That and the GM Custom and GM Quel are amazing!

Zeta-G
November 9, 2010, 11:04 PM
I agree with your sentiments about GM varients. I do like nemos and stark jegans though.

squeam
November 10, 2010, 5:59 AM
Hey, thanks for watching my review! :)

You know, I had never been a big GM fan. I mean, they're cool enough, but as for a model kit...I always put my money somewhere else. The only reason I got the Nemo was it is a Zeta MG and its purchase price rounded out my order to that ever important Gundam Club level of $100. Having assembled it, I'm really looking into a few more GM-style kits.

GNzaku0023
November 10, 2010, 7:33 PM
Even though I like this nemo, I probably won't ever buy a GM kit. I really hate the "all too simplistic" design of the GM. The Stark Jegan (as zeta said) Was interesting because it was more Nemo-based than GM-Based. It was sleek and had several interesting variations. I think the real reason for me liking the nemo is just, well, it's got more bulk. I don't like over bulky suits, but the nemo looks like it can be sleek while still dishing out the pain.

Anyways. I saw your Beginning Gundam Kit. Can't wait to see that completed.

squeam
November 10, 2010, 10:44 PM
Oh i'm completely overwhelmed. Started Delta Plus tonight, then Beginning. Then MG Wing, HGUC Hy-Gogg, SD 0 Gundam, etc. etc. etc.......G.O.D. help me, I have a problem.

GNzaku0023
November 10, 2010, 10:46 PM
Oh man, please post pics of delta plus...btw where'd you get it? I've been trying to find one.

Zeta-G
November 10, 2010, 10:50 PM
Oh man, please post pics of delta plus...btw where'd you get it? I've been trying to find one.
I second the Delta Plus picture request.

To GNZ: I think asking about competing model stores might be against GSAM's policies. Just saying.

GNzaku0023
November 10, 2010, 10:53 PM
yeah, your right, but the only thing is GSAM doesn't have Delta plus, so I've been searching. I have not checked amazon yet though....

EDIT: Checked Amazon, and wow, they're expensive. I'll wait till GSAM get's em. They'll have a much better price.

squeam
November 11, 2010, 6:14 AM
Ok, pics will be forthcoming in couple days. Just finished head and torso.

As for where I got it, I agree with Zeta-G; this is not the place. If not for GSAM's delays and my unhealthy NEEED for Delta Plus, I would have not ordered from somewhere else. Whenever I shoot and post the video review, you can check there.

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 8:31 AM
Yeah, we resolved that bit over pms. But seriously, pics are a must. That kit looks amazing in and of itself, and I thought it was a master grade kit when I saw the first picture of it.

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 10:11 AM

As for where I got it, I agree with Zeta-G; this is not the place. If not for GSAM's delays and my unhealthy NEEED for Delta Plus, I would have not ordered from somewhere else. Whenever I shoot and post the video review, you can check there.
We agreed on something!? There's hope for peace in the middle east! :P
In all seriousness, I'm looking forward to seeing the pics.

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 11:27 AM
Lol, Zeta agreeing with anyone is a miracle lol I kid I kid.

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 11:35 AM
Lol, Zeta agreeing with anyone is a miracle lol I kid I kid.
Ha ha.

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 11:37 AM
Oh come on, you know it;s true lol!

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 11:39 AM
Oh come on, you know it;s true lol!
We've agreed on Marida's awesomeness before. Zombie Freyr and I are birds of a feather when it comes to a lot of things (he's just the quiet type).

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 11:41 AM
True true. So anyways. I like the fact that some of us have youtube channels, it allows us to see reviews on kits conveniently .

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 11:43 AM
True true. So anyways. I like the fact that some of us have youtube channels, it allows us to see reviews on kits conveniently .
I have a channel I just don't use it for uploading videos. Maybe one day... (I have a video camera, so it is basically a matter of wanting to make a video.)

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 11:45 AM
You should make reviews. Preach of the horribleness of MG Zeta 1.0!!

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 11:46 AM
You should make reviews. Preach of the horribleness of MG Zeta 1.0!!
Bah. I don't feel like making money for Google (ads).

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 11:47 AM
Yeah. I guess. We can;t let google rule the world now can we?

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 11:49 AM
Yeah. I guess. We can;t let google rule the world now can we?
No we can't. Google is the devil to privacy advocates.

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 11:52 AM
Regardless, youtube is the most convenient way for video sharing. It's unfortunate.

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 11:52 AM
Regardless, youtube is the most convenient way for video sharing. It's unfortunate.
It is.

squeam
November 11, 2010, 5:15 PM

C'mon, we agree on lotsa stuff: Zeta is awesome, Wing's not quite as good as the hype, G Gundam has redeeming parts, parents should parent, and....o yeah! we all love GUNPLA!!

Straight up--while you can be "vitriolic", I appreciate the fact that you're not afraid to voice your opinions.

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 5:30 PM

C'mon, we agree on lotsa stuff: Zeta is awesome, Wing's not quite as good as the hype, G Gundam has redeeming parts, parents should parent, and....o yeah! we all love GUNPLA!!

Straight up--while you can be "vitriolic", I appreciate the fact that you're not afraid to voice your opinions.
Well I'm glad we've got that settled.

Side note: Am I the only bothered by the idea of the foe button? I mean I can see a useful purpose (silencing trolls), but I also see the potential for it to be used to tune out people with whom one disagrees; ideas should be confronted and discussed openly. Perhaps I just see this as a concern since I can be quite contrarian, when I want to be... I was concerned that some might just hit the button on me. ;)

squeam
November 12, 2010, 6:48 AM
"Might" as if it hasn't happened already? :lol:

Zeta-G
November 12, 2010, 1:01 PM
"Might" as if it hasn't happened already? :lol:
For awhile there I had assumed that you had... :D
I haven't served my purpose if I haven't riled someone up... :twisted:

Skittles
November 14, 2010, 9:50 PM
I generally have a horrible time sitting through video reviews, but I'll check everyone's out when I can.

squeam
December 22, 2010, 4:20 PM
Posted my review of the HG Beginning Gundam today. I'm hoping to get a bunch more up in short order.

squeam
December 31, 2010, 6:21 AM
Review of the Master Grade Sword Impulse went live last night. It's a 2-part review, due to the impressive amount of extras included wit the kit. I'm going to shoot a brief overview of it, so you don't have to sit through a looonng review to get an idea of what the kit is like.

NanoSpore
December 31, 2010, 2:07 PM
Review of the Master Grade Sword Impulse went live last night. It's a 2-part review, due to the impressive amount of extras included wit the kit. I'm going to shoot a brief overview of it, so you don't have to sit through a looonng review to get an idea of what the kit is like.

"Lunamaria I'll cry with you Hawke"
hahahahha I love you.

squeam
December 31, 2010, 5:13 PM
Hey, thanks for watching, Nano! I actually like her, but (as with most things GSD) over time she became kinda...not so good. I would like to see some SEED ZAKUs get some MG love-but I really doubt that's gonna happen.

squeam
January 12, 2011, 9:58 AM
I review my HGUC Hy-Gogg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKM1V0k1jTE

Let me know what you think. Give me some feedback/criticism (esp. if it's constructive criticism).

GNzaku0023
January 12, 2011, 11:42 AM
Great review man! I'm really impressed at how well done your reviews are! I have to say I am definitely going to get one of these and probably paint it to match my kapool. Then again, I'm prolly gonna get all of my favorite aquatic suits and paint them in that black and silver scheme, creating my own awesome submersible unit!!

squeam
January 12, 2011, 9:45 PM
Seeing the Hy-Gogg, Z'Gok and Z'GokE together makes me want snag some more aquatic goodness. I think I need an Acguy.

Asterisk
January 13, 2011, 6:41 AM
Yes. You most certainly need an Acguy. It's a wonderful kit that is really only a couple steps down from it's MG counterpart.

squeam
January 27, 2011, 9:55 AM
My review of the HGUC GM Cold Districts Type just went live. I hope some of you can watch it. Critique me if you want.

Asterisk
January 27, 2011, 11:54 AM
Oh, this I gotta see.

Okay. I dig your reviews, actually.
However, either you got a bad kit, or I got a particularly good one. The knees on mine are pretty stable, the head doesn't much want to pop off without a fight, and the nub scars? Well...okay, the nub scars are pretty bad.

As for the gun's stock, I just do this:

[attachment=0:piqfupk3]rsz_sam_0012.jpg[/attachment:piqfupk3]

Edit: Also, the Powered GM, GM Striker, and GM Quel are the best GM kits by far. If you really want a good GM, get one of those 3.

squeam
January 27, 2011, 6:53 PM
I'm glad you like 'em :D . Yeah, I don't know but nothing I do seems to make those knees acceptable, oh well...still looks great as a Hy-Gogg victim! Thanks for the recommendtion on the Powered Gm: it caught my eye a few weeks ago, but I thought of the probems I had with this kit and...... But I now may reconsider. Got any pics of it?

BTW, I see you did a much superior job than me at painting that head. Maybe if I had liked the kit a bit more...nah, still couldn't do that well of a job of it ;)

Asterisk
January 28, 2011, 9:17 AM
Powered Gm .... Got any pics of it?

I do now.

Pretty sharp detailing. Like the Cold Districts GM, the vents are separate pieces inside the chest armor. Shield attaches in a similar manner, though sans the ball-joint and grip (sad face)
[attachment=4:ayu8j462]SAM_0001.jpg[/attachment:ayu8j462]

Articulation is GREAT, especially in the elbows. Ever since the Hazel kits, they've been using these really nice double joint elbows. The open hand's wrist is also on a hinge. Knees are pretty standard fare for HGUC kits of it's time.
[attachment=3:ayu8j462]SAM_0002.jpg[/attachment:ayu8j462]

Here's the back swing range of the knee. Again, pretty standard. Also, you can see the wrist hinge and upper-arm joint. Unfortunately, the upper arm DOES have the same issue as the Cold Districts Type. Pops off when fiddling with it pretty easily.
[attachment=2:ayu8j462]SAM_0003.jpg[/attachment:ayu8j462]

The gun's pretty nice. Fits in it's hand very well. At this point, they've started using fairly universal hands for GMs and the Ground Gundam and variants.
[attachment=1:ayu8j462]SAM_0004.jpg[/attachment:ayu8j462]

Here's a nice tidbit: The orange armor on the leg hides some detailing, similar to a Master Grade. I painted mine, though. It's molded in white otherwise.
[attachment=0:ayu8j462]SAM_0005.jpg[/attachment:ayu8j462]

squeam
January 28, 2011, 10:07 AM
Thanks! That is looking very nice. Hinge joint wrist on a HG? :shock: Impressive. Nice leg detail work, as usual. Pretty darn good articulation for a relatively armored up kit. I also notice that the seams on the legs and ankles, in particular, have been changed to hide them a little better. Might add this one to the cart!

Zeta-G
January 28, 2011, 12:22 PM
Powered Gm .... Got any pics of it?

I do now.

Pretty sharp detailing. Like the Cold Districts GM, the vents are separate pieces inside the chest armor. Shield attaches in a similar manner, though sans the ball-joint and grip (sad face)
[attachment=4:1oo5mogg]SAM_0001.jpg[/attachment:1oo5mogg]

Articulation is GREAT, especially in the elbows. Ever since the Hazel kits, they've been using these really nice double joint elbows. The open hand's wrist is also on a hinge. Knees are pretty standard fare for HGUC kits of it's time.
[attachment=3:1oo5mogg]SAM_0002.jpg[/attachment:1oo5mogg]

Here's the back swing range of the knee. Again, pretty standard. Also, you can see the wrist hinge and upper-arm joint. Unfortunately, the upper arm DOES have the same issue as the Cold Districts Type. Pops off when fiddling with it pretty easily.
[attachment=2:1oo5mogg]SAM_0003.jpg[/attachment:1oo5mogg]

The gun's pretty nice. Fits in it's hand very well. At this point, they've started using fairly universal hands for GMs and the Ground Gundam and variants.
[attachment=1:1oo5mogg]SAM_0004.jpg[/attachment:1oo5mogg]

Here's a nice tidbit: The orange armor on the leg hides some detailing, similar to a Master Grade. I painted mine, though. It's molded in white otherwise.
[attachment=0:1oo5mogg]SAM_0005.jpg[/attachment:1oo5mogg]

Such a nice looking GM kit; shame it got punked in the anime the way it did.

Asterisk
January 28, 2011, 5:07 PM
Might add this one to the cart!
One recommendation I give anyone who gets any kind of GM, but after watching your review, you in particular. You commented about the visor piece being rather nice, despite being able to see inner workings of the head? The Powered GM actually has a detail piece behind it, similar to MG, as does the Striker. Paint that piece silver and for ones that don't have a inner piece, paint the back of the clear piece. I've done it on all of my visor-faced gunpla, and it looks wonderful.

squeam
January 28, 2011, 6:06 PM
Cool! Thanks for the heads up.

GNzaku0023
January 28, 2011, 6:27 PM
Good review man, the only thing I would suggest is maybe in post edit out the parts where you move the stand away. Also edit the parts where you bring the other kits in for a size comparison. This will allow the video to flow smoothly and without any interruption. But besides that, fantastic job!!

squeam
January 28, 2011, 6:42 PM
Yeah, I really am lacking any type of decent editing software that supports my video format....so it's one take, first take, forever! I'm trying to work out those dead transitions, though. Thanks for the input.

squeam
January 31, 2011, 12:27 PM
Posted a review of the MG Char's Gelgoog 2.0. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arDxPfERVVg

Asterisk
January 31, 2011, 12:33 PM
Niiiice. That was my first MG 2.0. Naturally, mine is green. And dusty. Horribly, horribly dusty.

[attachment=0:2h6sjajh]rsz_sam_0002.jpg[/attachment:2h6sjajh]

squeam
January 31, 2011, 4:35 PM
Lovely paint job, as always! I really need to get the decals on mine. I would like to make a Gato 2.0 Gelgoog.

Zeta-G
January 31, 2011, 7:42 PM
Lovely paint job, as always! I really need to get the decals on mine. I would like to make a Gato 2.0 Gelgoog.
I have a Gato 1.0 Gelgoog; it's quite nice for an old 1.0 kit.

squeam
February 7, 2011, 11:18 AM
Firing away with another review. This time it's the HGUC Marasai. I love this MS! The model is pretty darn good, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5xvnFZz3RA

Asterisk
February 7, 2011, 11:41 AM
I can show you how to separate those straight bar hip armor pieces, squeam. I'll get to some pictures soonish.

squeam
February 7, 2011, 12:17 PM
Cool. I couldn't figure it out without making them all floppy. Esp. cause of my limited tools at work.

squeam
March 15, 2011, 9:26 PM
It has been recently brought to my attention (thanks, GNZ) that I've neglected to keep up with posting my video reviews. So, here's some links to my latest videos---thanks for watching---
HGUC Palace Athene:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FSoCiYTFPg

HGUC RX-178 Mk II ECOPLA version:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpUNbkiBrMk

SD Mk II Titans Not me, but my 3 year old son:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvrjgdm8fkY

MG Turn A Gundam, Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C4RMNd86AE
and Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imyYO7Be6Ko

I also have some figure reviews of the Extended MSiA RX-178 MkII and Flying Armor, Robot Damshii 00 7 Swords and O Gundam type A.C.D. on my channel, too.
Please let me know if you have suggestions for improvements!!!

squeam
March 19, 2011, 11:42 PM
This is my order from GSAM:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKz8p5MliW4

Asterisk
March 20, 2011, 8:32 AM
Hah, I ended up ordering the HGUC Gouf Custom and 3 clear action bases on Thursday.

squeam
March 20, 2011, 8:35 AM
I was going to get one for myself, but my wife was adding to her wishlist and it was on there, so I figured she could do it and I'd grab the sale-priced MG 2.0. So we go from no Goufs to 2 just like that.

Asterisk
March 20, 2011, 8:45 AM
That Gouf 2.0 is a damn fine kit. I may not have any pictures of mine (it hasn't been painted yet) I certainly play with it a good deal.

squeam
April 12, 2011, 6:01 AM
Back from the working dead and have done another review. This time I look at the HGUC Methuss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BV2TL-AZ_U

squeam
May 5, 2011, 10:00 PM
High Grade Brave Standard Type. I was really impressed with this one, you guys all might be, too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiBqLQyd3ZY

squeam
May 30, 2011, 10:13 PM
Finally found time to shoot some video. Got the Master Grade Gogg review edited and live at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYxqU4Lv74E
I also shot footage for the 1/144 HG Aegis Gundam. I'm in the editing/uploading stage now. And my contest is concluding soon, so I shall have to post a video with the winners in a few days.

Kamari13
May 30, 2011, 10:15 PM
awesome man and now I'm off the watch :P

Audio_Fiend
May 31, 2011, 4:42 PM
I subscribed to ur channel Squeam!

*thumbs up reviews*

GNzaku0023
May 31, 2011, 11:42 PM
Here's pictures of my entry to your contest. I hope to get better quality pictures up soon, but this is all I have. I've also posted a video response in a bit better of quality. Enjoy!

squeam
June 1, 2011, 10:04 AM
I can't even pretend that this isn't a top runner :) Love it, love the Zudah, love the concept, love the use of good old 1/144th as fodder.

GNzaku0023
June 1, 2011, 11:13 AM
Haha I'm glad you like it man! I'm really proud of it and I learned a lot from building it. I hope to make more kits like this is the future! And yeah, the old tallgeese needed to have something done with it lol.

SilverFrameAstray
June 1, 2011, 4:27 PM
Lawlz. Love how everyone painted their skirt castles like I did mine. Whenever I hook up with GNZ I'll take some pictures of my finished zudah. Which I believe is the only one that hasn't fully been seen on here. Love the Zudahgeese still though.

Kamari13
June 1, 2011, 5:55 PM
looks bad@$$ man

Skittles
June 1, 2011, 6:04 PM
Still wish I could have entered. So many plans and then the coldest, rainiest May that I can remember... Well, I still have my idea list and I want to do 'em anyway.

squeam
June 1, 2011, 10:13 PM
Thank you for considering, anyway. And, hey, I'll be having many more contests in the future so hit one of them up.

BTW, Aegis review is live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGFnnCC1CGk

Kamari13
June 1, 2011, 11:03 PM
well look at it this way Skittles if we get another GSAM member contest "coughs" >.> then you can enter the kit into it XD

m1ck3y
June 1, 2011, 11:50 PM
well look at it this way Skittles if we get another GSAM member contest "coughs" >.> then you can enter the kit into it XD

haha, we totally will. I'll see to it, I want to get them back to being a monthly thing! ;)

Kamari13
June 2, 2011, 2:08 PM
lol awesome sauce man

squeam
June 22, 2011, 8:31 AM
Wanna know what comes with the HGUC Dreissen? Here's my unboxing video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IgW1tfzL9o

GNzaku0023
June 22, 2011, 12:32 PM
Damn Squeam, you beat me to it! You and your having money-stuffs. Oh well, looking forward to the review man!!!

squeam
June 22, 2011, 3:33 PM
Damn Squeam, you beat me to it! You and your having money-stuffs. Oh well, looking forward to the review man!!!

Haha! I paid for the stinking pre-order in March, I think; so it's about time I got it! I may have it first, but I'm sure you'll make it better ;)

squeam
July 6, 2011, 10:20 PM
Doing a whole week of daily SD reviews over on my channel! Kinda silly, but it has been fun for me, so I don't care :)

I may have to bang out one or two kits to fill a full 7 days of reviewing, though. I realize that many of my SD kits are damaged/missing parts from years of heating accidents, kitten attacks, my own ham-fistedness, and a toddler son who has a penchant for claiming them as his own little action figures. As a matter of fact, I can even find my Burning Gundam currently, and it is a pretty darn good kit.

squeam
July 25, 2011, 10:28 PM
Anyone wanna see what the Jegan ECOAS Type is like? Look no further: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyHSydueN94

GNzaku0023
July 25, 2011, 10:32 PM
I hate you squeam. Curse you and your moneys!!

squeam
December 30, 2011, 4:35 PM
Another grunt suit review, this time it's the HGUC GM III http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRtnWMAp9_8

Kenico
December 31, 2011, 9:45 AM
Dont be Raged at Just him. i have it too! Muahahahaahhahah!

squeam
August 16, 2012, 8:49 AM
A few of my favorite things about the HGUC Re-GZ: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npEx3U-z_-Y

Joe
August 16, 2012, 3:19 PM
I recently started a YouTube Channel as well, link in my signature! About to upload my second video.

squeam
August 16, 2012, 4:15 PM
Subbed!!!!

Joe
August 16, 2012, 11:21 PM
Thank you squeam! Geez, it is a lot easier to just film something and put it on Youtube than to blog about it... I need a better camera!

squeam
August 17, 2012, 6:17 AM
Yep. That's why my blog died in sacrifice to more videos.

thwalker13
August 17, 2012, 7:32 AM
Subscribed to both your channels.

squeam
September 20, 2012, 9:55 AM
Vote on the kits I'll build and review in the next few weeks!

http://youtu.be/e7cKenCAMIM

And check out a very tongue-in-cheek look at the HGUC Juaggu.

http://youtu.be/9zUHj1_-DME

Shiro45
September 20, 2012, 3:16 PM
My votes:

1) Glorious Rick-Dom
2) RG Gundam (I just want to know if you find the upper arms as shifty as I did)...
3) MG FA Gundam (This kit looks amazing and I love those greens! I'm also curious which model version of the Gundam it is- 2.0, OYW or what)...

Hey, with a whole week off of work, can we look forward to a bonus Shelf Life episode? ;-)

squeam
September 20, 2012, 4:06 PM
The FA is based on the 2.0 Gundam. In fact, it is just the 2.0 re-colored and with more pieces strapped.

As far as Shelf Life...I don't know. Maybe something, but I don't think we're doing a full-on "proper" episode.

Shiro45
September 20, 2012, 5:06 PM
Cool! "Something" would be good! :-)