PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Gundam model

Ltblue
January 7, 2013, 10:04 AM
Hey guys, I've been building and collecting Gundams for over 20 years. I have seen a lot, and was just wondering what Gundam is your favorite? It could be from any series/grade and give a brief explanation on why you like it so much.
I'll start: My favorite one would be the
Aile Strike Gundam (PG) because of the simplicity, details, die-cast metal, and overall appearance.

Edit: sry just realize I posted in the wrong section.

thwalker13
January 7, 2013, 10:10 AM
This is tough. I guess, if I had to choose. My MG Strike Freedom Full Burst Mode. The gold inner frame, the affect parts, my Wings of Light additional parts, and the sheer amount of detail and flexibility in the kit is just amazing to me. I love it and it's my most detailed kit.

Ltblue
January 7, 2013, 10:41 AM
This is tough. I guess, if I had to choose. My MG Strike Freedom Full Burst Mode. The gold inner frame, the affect parts, my Wings of Light additional parts, and the sheer amount of detail and flexibility in the kit is just amazing to me. I love it and it's my most detailed kit.

That is a beautiful model. It would be hard trying to pick the Strike Freedom FBM or Destiny EBM, would be like asking do you like your mother or father more.

Deathscythe!
January 7, 2013, 11:18 AM
Favourite MS or favourite kit ?

I haven't acquired many kits yet.

My favourite MS ought to be plain for anyone to see. (Oh, yes, GM I! *sarcasm off*)

Ltblue
January 7, 2013, 12:08 PM
Favourite MS or favourite kit ?

I haven't acquired many kits yet.

My favourite MS ought to be plain for anyone to see. (Oh, yes, GM I! *sarcasm off*)

Favorite model kit. Deathscythe Hell is also very nice, paired with the Wing Gundam Custom they are very cool. (Black stand for Wing Gundam and clear stand for Deathscythe)

Dlinker
January 7, 2013, 12:33 PM
Hmmm, so far for me, it's a toss-up between the MG Strike Noir and the RG Aile Strike w/ Skygrasper set. The Strike Noir has a very unique design that's flexible and simple without being boring. It's also one of the few MG kits I have that's compatible with the articulated HobbyBase hands without much modification, making it look that much better. Also, it's the first modern MG kit I worked on so it holds a special meaning.

The RG Aile Strike was my first RG kit and I loved building that thing. The engineering on it blew me away and the end result is something very solid and a joy to look at even with the minimal work I did on it. The Skygrasper set is icing on the cake; extra accessories without a huge price tag. It helped that the kit overall isn't pricey.

Ltblue
January 7, 2013, 2:23 PM
Hmmm, so far for me, it's a toss-up between the MG Strike Noir and the RG Aile Strike w/ Skygrasper set. The Strike Noir has a very unique design that's flexible and simple without being boring. It's also one of the few MG kits I have that's compatible with the articulated HobbyBase hands without much modification, making it look that much better. Also, it's the first modern MG kit I worked on so it holds a special meaning.

The RG Aile Strike was my first RG kit and I loved building that thing. The engineering on it blew me away and the end result is something very solid and a joy to look at even with the minimal work I did on it. The Skygrasper set is icing on the cake; extra accessories without a huge price tag. It helped that the kit overall isn't pricey.

For the Noir, If you add a small blue led lightning to the base on the stand it gives it a really nice finishing touch.

Dlinker
January 7, 2013, 3:28 PM
For the Noir, If you add a small blue led lightning to the base on the stand it gives it a really nice finishing touch.

I should see about doing a USB-powered LED light for the stands. Kinda like the light on the Bluetooth dongle on my wireless headset. That thing is practically a night light since the indicator light never turns off as long as it's plugged in to the laptop. Never thought about using blue light with the Strike Noir, though.

TwilightKing
January 7, 2013, 9:31 PM
The Jesta Cannon.
Isn't that just gorgeous.

Ltblue
January 8, 2013, 11:55 AM
^very nice

uncleremuslegend
January 8, 2013, 12:20 PM
That is a beautiful model. It would be hard trying to pick the Strike Freedom FBM or Destiny EBM, would be like asking do you like your mother or father more.

that's an easy one, my dad... and the destiny easily...

favorite of all time? do we have to own it? if not, GPO4 and Nightingale

jayhat100
January 8, 2013, 9:26 PM
For me it is a toss up between MG shin musha, just love the samuri look, and MK II Titans colors (really want this kit as my first perfect grade).

Ltblue
January 9, 2013, 12:08 PM
that's an easy one, my dad... and the destiny easily...

favorite of all time? do we have to own it? if not, GPO4 and Nightingale

I guess you don't have to own it, but owning it would help you decide better from a first person POV. Also your mother would be sad if she saw what you wrote. As much as you don't like her, your answer should always be I like them both equally.

Ltblue
January 9, 2013, 12:21 PM
For me it is a toss up between MG shin musha, just love the samuri look, and MK II Titans colors (really want this kit as my first perfect grade).

Really like the Shin Musha as well, my favorite part(call me cheesy) is the swords with the sword Stand. The MK II Titans unfortunately is one of my least favorite. Something about the color is a little off, however if you paint it with a darker shade it would look not as bad.

NoZakuBoy
January 9, 2013, 9:58 PM
I'm going to say the MG Turn A. The design is just so sleek, especially the legs. The construction was fun throughout and it's one of those kits that can stand without any weapons or gimmicks and still look great. Oh, and it comes with a cow too.

Ltblue
January 10, 2013, 8:30 AM
I do not have a Turn A, but that gundam just makes me lol.. He looks like RX-78's older lazy brother.

nvision
January 11, 2013, 6:14 AM
Nu Gundam by a mile, simply timeless design. Followed by GP04 and EX-S.

Dlinker
January 11, 2013, 11:55 AM
I do not have a Turn A, but that gundam just makes me lol.. He looks like RX-78's older lazy brother.

One of the best descriptions of the Turn A I've read yet. Which matches the more relaxed series it came from :) Another one I read yesterday courtesy of 4chan was that it's like a "creepy european homosexual muscular mustache stalker guy".

I have another favorite to add to my list: The HG AGE-1 Normal. So simple yet so versatile, easy to pose, very sturdy, and incredible articulation. I'm going to equip mine with two Heat Hawks soon, just because I think he deserves axes now. It was the very first Gundam model kit I built so it's a revered piece of plastic as well.

uncleremuslegend
January 11, 2013, 12:12 PM
Also your mother would be sad if she saw what you wrote. As much as you don't like her, your answer should always be I like them both equally.

are you serious? for a split second i thought you knew me and my mother, then i thought 'no, if he did, he wouldn't be telling me what to think or say, or hell, for that matter give 2 fucks about my mother'

either way, that's a good theory to have... just hope you never have issues with your mother and that way you can live up to your seemingly sparkling good nature

Squee
January 11, 2013, 1:45 PM
I'd have to toss it up between the Sinanju and The MG Turn A. Turn A was such a cool build. The sinanju is a pretty awesome build in all of its forms. MG, HG, SD; All are awesome!

Dlinker
January 11, 2013, 1:45 PM
@uncleremuslegend,

Maybe Ltblue was just joking/being sarcastic? Seems like it to me, haha.

Ltblue
January 11, 2013, 9:15 PM
Nu Gundam by a mile, simply timeless design. Followed by GP04 and EX-S.

NU is just Awesome. The Fin Funnels are one of the coolest things and it was one of my favorite Gundam to use in Battle Assault 2.

Ltblue
January 11, 2013, 9:22 PM
are you serious? for a split second i thought you knew me and my mother, then i thought 'no, if he did, he wouldn't be telling me what to think or say, or hell, for that matter give 2 fucks about my mother'

either way, that's a good theory to have... just hope you never have issues with your mother and that way you can live up to your seemingly sparkling good nature

@uncleremuslegend,

Maybe Ltblue was just joking/being sarcastic? Seems like it to me, haha.

:rolleyes::):cool:

Ltblue
January 11, 2013, 9:26 PM
I'd have to toss it up between the Sinanju and The MG Turn A. Turn A was such a cool build. The sinanju is a pretty awesome build in all of its forms. MG, HG, SD; All are awesome!

Sinanju is also a Gundam I do not have and want, I don't know why I still don't have him and Turn A..maybe this is a sign to tell me to get them(would prefer a PG Sinanju though). But yes, he is a really great looking Gundam..

NoZakuBoy
January 12, 2013, 8:41 AM
Sinanju is also a Gundam I do not have and want, I don't know why I still don't have him and Turn A..maybe this is a sign to tell me to get them(would prefer a PG Sinanju though). But yes, he is a really great looking Gundam..

You're not the only one. I'd love to have the Sinanju as well. I'm sure it's well worth the cost, but I'd like to get my painting skills on point before I spend that much on a single kit.

Ltblue
January 12, 2013, 10:04 AM
You're not the only one. I'd love to have the Sinanju as well. I'm sure it's well worth the cost, but I'd like to get my painting skills on point before I spend that much on a single kit.

I would get Sinanju right now but I am working on 00 Raiser. :(

Jfl0
January 12, 2013, 4:25 PM
This is a toughie, as all the kits I buy (most of the kits I buy) I bought because I like them and heard good things about the kit.

MG: Epyon EW v. Deathscythe Hell EW (can't decide)
HG: Yonem Kirks Sniper Type

I haven't built a wide range of kits due to limited budget and time. I hope the future changes for the better though.

Focke Wulf
January 14, 2013, 8:57 PM
Zaku II. Depending on the kit, you can have so many different weapon combos. Plus you can paint them any color. And the main thing, Zakus are so cute :-*

Butcherboy
January 20, 2013, 11:21 PM
Wow I have a top 3
Sinanju : I love everything about it. Have 2 Mg kits and a1/72 resin kit from gsb. Just made a pre order Fromm GSS of the new version.

Red Frame: I lov the plexibity

Strike gundam. Lov the inner frame and big a$$ sword

Ltblue
January 23, 2013, 11:41 AM
Sry guys I have been busy with other things, but have finally finish 00 Raiser. I have not painted it nor put the decals on yet, but it is a great model. It is a little top heavy, but on the stand it does look great. GN drives is also a plus..