PDA

View Full Version : 1/100 MG Nu Gundam Ver. Ka Review

gdx9902
December 21, 2012, 7:33 PM
Hey Guys,

With all this hype and anticipation over the MG Nu Gundam Ver. Ka
I thought I'd share the review I just did.

For those who have not bought it yet, and are waiting to see what it's like, come have a read, but I think everyone already has ordered it or planning to order it.
Hope you enjoy the review =).

http://www.plamocon.com/index.php?/page/articles.html/_/review/kit-reviews-mg/1100-mg-nu-gundam-ver-ka-r52

thwalker13
December 21, 2012, 10:28 PM
Very nice review good sir. I must say, that after all the reviews that I have read and watched. I have decided to one day buy this kit. It might not be any time soon. But I will one day own this kit. I also noticed that you didn't use any of the water slide decals. How come?

Dlinker
December 22, 2012, 1:01 AM
@thwalker12,

You're making a wise choice buying it down the road. That's the beauty of model kits; they never get sold out :) I just got mine from ModelGrade.net and unboxed it in my excitement. I actually think it has less runners than the MG Hi-Nu, but that could just be because the Hi-Nu had a bigger box. That water slide decal sheet looked simply divine. To see it included in a kit already without resorting to 3rd parties or after-market purchases, it makes me happy.

thwalker13
December 22, 2012, 1:31 AM
Yeah I was quiet impressed to see that. I'm excited to get it. But it'll be down the road after I, hopefully, get a job.

gdx9902
December 22, 2012, 5:41 AM
Glad you like the review thwalker13.

I didn't use the waterslide decals in the review because I will be using the same kit for a group build involving only the ver. Ka nu gundam. So once it is finished I will be using the water slide decals then.

thwalker13
December 22, 2012, 8:03 AM
Ah ok. Well good luck on the build then. I do hope you'll post pictures of it.

CensorShock
December 22, 2012, 9:27 AM
the body itself looks great, but i wish katoki wouldve done something about proportioning the Hi-Nu's face. I always thought it looked quite awkward, especially since i never watched the series to be able to reminisce anything.
great review! you should do the white sinanju if u plan on getting it.

gdx9902
December 22, 2012, 12:23 PM
Yes I most definitely will post it up once I am finished. Just by the sheer number of parts, it's gonna take a while.

At the moment I am not sure if I am going to get the Sinanju Stein just yet. Mostly because I am anticipating the release of the Sasabi Ver. Ka. Hopefully later this year.
I do recommend watching the char's counter attack since it is a short movie.

thwalker13
December 22, 2012, 8:36 PM
It is indeed a good movie. I have it and it's worth buying. I'd say that if the Sasabi Ver. Ka is going to be released it'll be some time late 2013.

jayhat100
December 22, 2012, 9:35 PM
Really great review, I have read yours and watched rrobbert's on youtube and I am really impressed with the kit and will get it if they come out with a Sasabi Ver. Ka., just don't like how the fin funnels are so lose, but mabye a little paint will firm them up a little.

NoZakuBoy
December 24, 2012, 8:29 PM
Great review gdx9902! I was wondering though how you felt about the colors and how the kit looks without painting? I was honestly kinda surprised to see how blue the runners are. I was expecting something a little closer to black.

gdx9902
December 26, 2012, 2:01 PM
Thanks, I am glad you liked the review=).

Well, the original design calls for Midnight Blue, and under certain lighting conditions it can look blackish. They did have some highlight blue stickers that you can use to make it more two toned like the white and light grey.
I thought they were going to use only midnight blue, but it seems Katoki decided to change up the color scheme a bit with the use of the lighter blue.
I didn't use the stickers in this review because I will be using the kit in the Group build we are having on plamocon. But once it is finished I will definitely post pics.

V0LTES-V01
December 26, 2012, 10:02 PM
Thanks for sharing gdx! Will you be making any modifications in the future (such as new color scheme) or keep it the way it is?

gdx9902
December 27, 2012, 9:38 AM
For the Nu Gundam Ver ka?
I will be doing it OOB style, with some light-mid shading and blending.
I won't go too overboard with it, because of the amount of kits I have to build for next year.

Also I want mention that we will also be starting the GBWC 2013 soon. That's the annual world wide competition that Bandai puts up every year.
hopefully I can get the permissions from the admins to make a quick post mention about it here in Gundam Forums.

Tamerlano
January 18, 2013, 3:16 PM
Well, that's my pants ruined.