PDA

View Full Version : anybody built these UC kits?

pinski1015
December 15, 2012, 12:50 AM
Would like opinions on MG GPO2, MG GOUF CUSTOM and MG RX-78-5. Anybody built these?

thwalker13
December 15, 2012, 2:59 AM
I actually have the MG GP02A kit. Why you ask?

pinski1015
December 15, 2012, 3:21 AM
I actually have the MG GP02A kit. Why you ask?

The shield worries me along with some of the limb joints in particular the arms. Don't know If I should get it (eventually) or wait for a 2.0 version.

I have basically the same concerns with Gouf Custom as well.

Deathscythe!
December 15, 2012, 6:32 AM
The shield worries me along with some of the limb joints in particular the arms. Don't know If I should get it (eventually) or wait for a 2.0 version.

I have basically the same concerns with Gouf Custom as well.

There's a GP02 2.0 to be released ?

HOLY GUNDAM :3

thwalker13
December 15, 2012, 11:26 AM
The shield is extremely heavy. To be honest I have not found a way to make the kit hold it properly. The only way that makes it easier is to balance the shield out on the foot. It looks stupid, but it's the only way I've found. It will hold the bazooka very well. And I have not found any weight issues with the side binders. Because of the design of be the beam sabers, and the lack of pegs in the hands. It has a hard time holding them. As for the design of the arms, due to the sheer weight of some thing parts to this kit. They will fall off. As will a lot of things. There are also a lot of stickers as well. In my opinion this kit needs a 2.0. If they brought one out I would buy it. I love the GP02, and I really wish that it did have a 2.0 version.

Joe
December 15, 2012, 1:21 PM
A 2.0 for the GP-02a is a long long way off if it is ever to be made, so don't hold your breath. I have built it and I find the best way to hold the shield is to have the palm of the hand facing the kit with the arm down and hook the hand under the handle. Then you can tuck the hand into the handle all the way and it won't slip off the hand. The elbow isn't strong enough to keep the shield up, though, so resting on the ground or on it's foot is the way to go. Here's my review. (http://joesgunpla.blogspot.com/2011/06/1100-mg-gp-02a-physalis-final.html)

The Gouf Custom isn't quite as bad, there are screws in the arms to help keep the joints tight. The issue here is making sure you don't strip the plastic and render the screws useless. If you've never used screws on a Gundam kit before, it can e tricky. First use a normal screw driver, not a little hobby one. Then when you set the screw into the hole and connect the head of the screwdriver turn the screw backwards, slowly, until you feel the threading click down into place. That is your starting point. The screw is going to get stuck several times throughout this process, but all you have to do is back out a little and then proceed, backout a little, and then go in a little more. Basically the plastic joints don't have all the threading molded in, you are actually creating the threading which will lock the screw in. If you try to force it, everything breaks down. Anyway, get the screws in correctly and your Gouf custom will have no problem holding the giant gatling shield.

I have not built RX-78-5, so i can't comment on that one.

pinski1015
December 18, 2012, 1:58 AM
Since Gouf 2.0 came out do you think Gouf custom is a possibility?