PDA

View Full Version : Longest you have worked

Focke Wulf
December 11, 2012, 3:08 PM
What has been the longest amount of time you have worked on your stuff, straight aka taking no breaks. I have done 4 hours working on my Gouf Custom. What about you guys?

Kenico
December 11, 2012, 3:30 PM
That Depends...HG or MG?

thwalker13
December 11, 2012, 4:00 PM
During my 1st stint of Gunpla building, when I was little. I believe I worked on painting my 1/144 scale Tallgeese III for 8 hours straight. Only took bathroom breaks. I ate while I worked. Hand painting all that blue took forever.

Dlinker
December 11, 2012, 5:27 PM
Hmmm, I'd say five hours for me when I was airbrushing my Jesta trio. It didn't feel long since I was constantly moving about, but then later on I started feeling the soreness, haha.

Deathscythe!
December 11, 2012, 5:36 PM
The longest I've ever attended to was the assembly of my red frame exhibited on the forums currently.

I spent my whole weekend on it.
And on the previous week, I had become sick, having slept with the gloss varnish open somewhere proximal.

ChapelMkII
December 11, 2012, 6:22 PM
During summer break when I was in high school, I spent close to 24-hours building a 1/72 scale variable VF-1A model, stopping only for food and bathroom breaks. It was the grunt colored version from the TV series, and I was endeavoring to completely repaint the model by hand into Hikaru's movie VF-1A. It should not have taken so long, but these were the days before I knew any better about building a proper kit to last. Since I didn't use primer, most of that time spent was just going back over already painted areas and trying to address paint rub. Because my bedroom at the time was already poorly lit, I lost track of time once night time rolled around. I was impatient, and the end result of the model was less than stellar >.>

Kenico
December 11, 2012, 7:25 PM
Straight builds:

HG: 1-4 hours

MG: 12 hours flat

Paint jobs:

HG: 8 hours tops

MG:None. Never undertook one cause i havent found the right one yet...

Mod Jobs: Dong count cause i would do them on and off...

Jfl0
December 12, 2012, 1:01 AM
four hours... but I have done eight hour sessions with 15 minute breaks.

Asterisk
December 12, 2012, 5:39 AM
I'm not sure many of you guys have been around long enough to have seen my green Sinanju (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Avyrex/1311672252964.jpg), which was one of the first kits I'd taken pictures of. All said, it took me nearly a month (I brush by hand, and the build itself is pretty lengthy), but what took the longest was the decals. Bathroom breaks aside, I did the decals in one go and all said, between the cutting, placement, etc. I want to say I put about 9 hours into it.

Exia
December 12, 2012, 5:43 AM
For HG depends on the HG era but usually anywhere between 3-4 hours. When I built my Geno Saurer that took 2 months and about a month on the GN-Arms Type E. My Blade Liger build, due to being a TOMY Zoid model, took me 8 hours straight to finish. With minor 5 minute breaks every so often.