PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy gundams?

CensorShock
December 11, 2012, 5:29 AM
Is there a place to buy gundams where shipping doesn't completely kill the deal? I'm looking to buy 1-2 MG gundams only since that alone would be around $100 not including the markers and paint I need to buy. HLJ prices are great but when you buy more than one then shipping jumps to EMS and it becomes like $40 to ship 2. 1 is already bad at $15 for shipping since it makes it the same price as buying it from amazon and from there I get 2 day shipping. I'm just wondering if everyone just deals with the shipping because man... if I really wanted to COLLECT these gundam's it'd cost me nearly about as much money as I put into the mods for my car.

Deathscythe!
December 11, 2012, 7:46 AM
Depends on where you reside in.

I've always ordered my kits from HLJ since I've been assembling 'em.

Jfl0
December 11, 2012, 8:13 AM
Often shopping around will get you better prices. Unfortunately, since these kits are imports- and kids these days want lego, barbie and pop rocks to play with, it can be difficult to get them over to the United States [Gundam Models]. I typically expect to pay about the base yen cost of the kit + 25%. It hits me pretty hard too, especially with HGs. If something is on sale and I know I want it, I nab it fast. I have an excel spreadsheet that catalogs what kit I want, the model type, the price, how much I want it on a scale of 1-10, then a value that represents "value/desire". I then sort the final column, and then I have my kits I should be going for next. I constantly add stuff to this list, and you can filter by kit type if you feel like building a MG and want to know which MG is up next. I am so far happy with the system. Also, during the holiday season people will jack prices up and sometimes gouge on purpose, especially on amazon. It's best to wait until after the holidays, and then boom bata bing! till you drop.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Jadefalcon0/BLOG/ppd.png

www.amazon.com
www.hlj.com
www.robot4less.com (quite a few MGs under $55.00 USD)
www.gginfinite.com

Jfl0
December 11, 2012, 8:39 AM
I have heard the MG Ball is a fun kit to put together. He appears small, but the kit is rather large, I believe. I've always wondered what would happen if ball fired his main cannon in space and didn't have stabilizers... he would get dizzy!

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Jadefalcon0/BLOG/001msball.png
www.robot4less.com

I have built this kit and it was fun. Partial inner frame. Price seen is about what I paid for it in store.
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Jadefalcon0/BLOG/001rx78.png

At this price I would be a buyer, but I'd wait to see if it drops a few dollars.
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Jadefalcon0/BLOG/001-rx78titans.png

Fantastic kit. I have built it. I have seen it far cheaper though; around $40-$45 USD.
http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Jadefalcon0/BLOG/001hew.png

RX-78-2
December 11, 2012, 4:13 PM
Gundamstoreandmore.com has unbeatable prices but their stock is just a tiny bit limited (quite a few things out of stock takes a while to get new models in) Great service and cheap shipping also

Deathscythe!
December 11, 2012, 5:41 PM
I live in the worst location for gunpla builders to reside in....

I ALWAYS order 3 things at once to make the shipping more paying out.

Jfl0
December 12, 2012, 1:07 AM
Gundamstoreandmore.com has unbeatable prices but their stock is just a tiny bit limited (quite a few things out of stock takes a while to get new models in) Great service and cheap shipping also

WOAH! I love you! in a platonic way of course.

Look at those prices on some of these HGs. Mmmm mmmm MMMMMMMM! b) They have my Zudah. DONE. *lol*. I haven't checked the MGs yet, but I have a new place to shop for HGs... From a fellow builder I'll take your word for it on their service. I wonder if they take paypal... they will then begin the drain of my bank account :p YEP... they take paypal. My bank account is on the chopping block :p (I spend frugally!)

thwalker13
December 12, 2012, 1:08 AM
GS&M does indeed have great customer service. I'm a Platinum member on their site and I order from them as much as I can. Their prices are truly unmatched IMO.

Jfl0
December 12, 2012, 1:33 AM
GS&M does indeed have great customer service. I'm a Platinum member on their site and I order from them as much as I can. Their prices are truly unmatched IMO.

With that said, and being that with those prices, my next 10 HGs are coming from that store, so long as the back log of kits are still there :p.

Guntank
Acguy
#65 Zudah
Z'gok E
HyGogg
Astray Red Frame
RGM-89De Jegan ECOAS Type
Juaggu
MS-06F-2 Zaku II F2 0083
Gaza-C #62
Kampher HGUC
Qubeley Mk II
AMS-129 Geara Zulu
AMS-129M Zee Zulu

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Jadefalcon0/BLOG/do_want.png

CensorShock
December 12, 2012, 9:47 AM
The heavy arms is definitely one on my list. I also really want the 00 seven sword raiser. I live in Cali so GS&M and amazon seem like the only two places I can get models atm. Amazon for 1-2 models and GS&M for 3 or more. Since I want to start collecting MG's I probably won't ever buy up to 3 at a time. I have a bad taste in my mouth regarding HG's. Sister bought me two FG's for my bday years back and then I bought a HG throne zwei. Was so disappointed with the outcome of how it looked.

RG's look great but their price point is bleh. $35 for a HG sized MG, might as well fork over the extra 10-15 bucks. Easier to work with too. I'm having the hardest time panel lining the throne zwei after finding out about paneling lining a couple days ago.

NoZakuBoy
December 24, 2012, 9:41 PM
GS&M does have great prices, but I honestly prefer to do my shopping on Gundam Planet. Typically the models are about $5-$7 more, but at least they're usually in stock. Many of the kits I want are and have been sold out on GS&M, so I really don't mind paying the extra money to actually get my kit with relatively quick shipping. Besides that I like GP for the layout, easier searching, and reviews from other members.

indihoysted
December 26, 2012, 6:43 AM
Gundams are great toys.

Gunplanewbie
December 19, 2014, 4:58 PM
eBay is a great place to start

AssaultPlazma
December 19, 2014, 5:21 PM
Barnes and Nobles sells a few kits at least in my area......

Zeta
December 20, 2014, 11:59 AM
Barnes and Nobles sells a few kits at least in my area......

Yep, but their selection is pretty... small. Though I did find a RG Exia in one of the B&N's in my area, so that was surprising.

11thshogun
December 21, 2014, 10:15 PM
Try 11thshogun service ;)

Wreeper007
December 22, 2014, 10:02 AM
My kits are coming more and more from my local store (hobbytown) and from 11thshogun.

Hobbytown is about the same price as gundam planet, and I don't mind paying a little bit more since they are nice folks and they support the local IPMS chapter by giving us a place to meet.

11thshogun has great customer service btw.

AssaultPlazma
December 24, 2014, 10:03 AM
Yep, but their selection is pretty... small. Though I did find a RG Exia in one of the B&N's in my area, so that was surprising.

Indeed they only have like 6 total models in my local store. That being said anyone know the MG Heavy Arms Endless Waltz box is much smaller than the Wing Gundam or Deathscythe Boxes?

11thshogun
December 24, 2014, 2:18 PM
Indeed they only have like 6 total models in my local store. That being said anyone know the MG Heavy Arms Endless Waltz box is much smaller than the Wing Gundam or Deathscythe Boxes?
Yep its a 4500 yen box. If that makes sense. :)

11thshogun
December 24, 2014, 2:20 PM
Often shopping around will get you better prices. Unfortunately, since these kits are imports- and kids these days want lego, barbie and pop rocks to play with, it can be difficult to get them over to the United States [Gundam Models]. I typically expect to pay about the base yen cost of the kit + 25%. It hits me pretty hard too, especially with HGs. If something is on sale and I know I want it, I nab it fast. I have an excel spreadsheet that catalogs what kit I want, the model type, the price, how much I want it on a scale of 1-10, then a value that represents "value/desire". I then sort the final column, and then I have my kits I should be going for next. I constantly add stuff to this list, and you can filter by kit type if you feel like building a MG and want to know which MG is up next. I am so far happy with the system. Also, during the holiday season people will jack prices up and sometimes gouge on purpose, especially on amazon. It's best to wait until after the holidays, and then boom bata bing! till you drop.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Jadefalcon0/BLOG/ppd.png

www.amazon.com
www.hlj.com
www.robot4less.com (quite a few MGs under $55.00 USD)
www.gginfinite.com
All are total ripoffss IMO sorry..

AssaultPlazma
December 24, 2014, 3:37 PM
Yep its a 4500 yen box. If that makes sense. :)

It doesn't please elaborate

Wreeper007
December 24, 2014, 9:48 PM
Deathscyth or hell custom?

It's the same size as the ez8, gouf custom, gp01, 78 ka.

11thshogun
December 25, 2014, 1:33 AM
It doesn't please elaborate
4500 yen boxes are the "kids' shoe box" gundam boxes. Example : zaku 2.0 , rx782 ver ka. , gouf custom ,,, etc.

Squee
December 25, 2014, 1:43 AM
All are total ripoffss IMO sorry..

Yea, considering you're quoting a post from 2 years ago, around the time before the yen dropped of course they're over priced.

11thshogun
December 25, 2014, 6:56 AM
Yea, considering you're quoting a post from 2 years ago, around the time before the yen dropped of course they're over priced.
Fyi my store had a list from 3 years ago regarding the prices (lowkey) . Im sorry, but that still beats that list. Even my bandai friends cant believe that a store in LA would sell a MG Hi NU H.W.S for 38 bucks...

AssaultPlazma
December 25, 2014, 12:32 PM
4500 yen boxes are the "kids' shoe box" gundam boxes. Example : zaku 2.0 , rx782 ver ka. , gouf custom ,,, etc.

But its the still apart of the same line right?

Wreeper007
December 25, 2014, 1:00 PM
Yes, but some kits are much larger than others. Or they have more parts

Squee
December 25, 2014, 1:33 PM
Fyi my store had a list from 3 years ago regarding the prices (lowkey) . Im sorry, but that still beats that list. Even my bandai friends cant believe that a store in LA would sell a MG Hi NU H.W.S for 38 bucks...

Now when you say, your store, do you mean YOUR store? Or your local place?

11thshogun
December 25, 2014, 3:30 PM
Local place. Lol

Squee
December 26, 2014, 1:23 AM
Whats the stores name? Do they have a site?

11thshogun
December 26, 2014, 3:13 AM
Whats the stores name? Do they have a site?
Nope the store is local and refuses to have a website.

Squee
December 26, 2014, 3:25 AM
So they don't have a name either?

11thshogun
December 26, 2014, 8:46 AM
So they don't have a name either?
Neo happyland. They dont disclose the price over the phone.

Squee
December 26, 2014, 4:02 PM
Yea no i was asking so other members in the area can go shop.

11thshogun
December 26, 2014, 6:10 PM
Yea no i was asking so other members in the area can go shop.
I have made a thread of my sources there you will see some pics and a little bit of info.

Squee
December 26, 2014, 6:23 PM
Yea i'm trying to keep all info in this thread, as the site rules say keep things to one thread, instead of repeat threads. This thread should be pinned.

Wreeper007
December 27, 2014, 2:44 AM
I see 11th's thread as a separate entity. It's window shopping for us. Not a place we can practically shop at.

AtomicOldMan
December 27, 2014, 4:26 AM
Hope this is the right thread, but I'm wondering where I can find a sizeable selection of waterslide decals. I'm wanting to get all the Gundam Wing EW kits, but I cannot for the life of me find waterslides for the Wing Gundam EW, and I can't seem to find any for the Eypon. I found some for Heavyarms, but they're 14 bucks from Amazon and require international shipping. The others I've located on Gundam Planet. I'd like to do all my shopping one place, but it's looking like it might need to be split up. Given some of the decals have to go over curved surfaces, it seems like waterslides are the way to go.

Anybody know where I can find these? Searching on my own hasn't been fruitful. Also is there a reason why the Wing Gundam EW is so hard to find decals for? I can find plenty for the proto-zero and wing custom. I'm not sure how much crossover there are between those sheets, so if anybody could confirm how well those would work, I might get them instead.

Wreeper007
December 27, 2014, 11:40 AM
Go on Facebook, look up Samuel decal. Great selection and really good pricing.

Squee
December 27, 2014, 12:26 PM
^This Plus look for an ebay seller Globaltoys. They sell the same precuts that Samuel does, as well as Photo etched parts.

Wreeper007
December 27, 2014, 1:08 PM
Globaltoy.

AtomicOldMan
December 28, 2014, 5:12 AM
I'll check the ebay thing out, seems like it might be easier, plus I'm seeing SD can sometimes take a while to send the decal sheet. Thanks for the help.

Does anybody know why Wing Gundam EW is so hard to find decals for, though? Genuinely curious if there's a reason since I've had no real trouble finding decals for the others.

Dom Tropen MS-09D
December 28, 2014, 8:35 AM
Another sorta recommended place to purchase Gunpla (and other model kits as well) is Hobbyplaza or Hobby Plaza Japan. In terms of pricing the are below even HLJ and carry a larger stock. Shipping is between 2-3 weeks and customer service is ace.

Wreeper007
December 28, 2014, 10:41 AM
I believe bandai makes the decals in spurts.

windschnapper
January 3, 2015, 12:13 PM
Anybody know where to get hg from g unit series?

gundammonkey
January 7, 2015, 5:55 PM

I look at GS&M but they are always "Sold out" of everything I want. I don't think they restock very often. If they do you really need to be Johnny on the spot to get anything.

11thshogun
January 9, 2015, 12:20 AM
Just a heads up . My store got a huge shipment of gunpla. And i have established more connections with other middlemen in china , hong kong , socal , japan and phillippines. So any gunpla needs hit me up.

AtomicOldMan
January 15, 2015, 8:38 AM
Again, not sure if this is the right topic since this is more about a tool rather than a kit.

So I tried to order some Mr.Mark Softer from Gundam Planet, and it looks like it's out of stock now. I have a bottle attached to my Tallgeese pre-order so I have no idea if that reserved me a bottle or not (waiting to hear back from customer service), but if it doesn't then it looks like I'm kinda screwed for the time being. I searched around and it looks like it's out of stock at most places, generally hard to come by. I'm not sure how often this happens or how quickly most hobby sites renew their stock of the stuff, but assuming I can't find some are there any good alternatives? I need the softer mostly for my EW kits, which have decals that go over some very tricky curved and rounded surfaces, so I need it to help conform them to that.

Is there anything that works just as well for gunpla? And if so, where can I find it?'

edit: alternatively, is there any trustworthy hobby sites that still carry Mr.Mark Softer that has any in stock. Every search I pull up is a dead end, but maybe I'm missing something.

V0LTES-V01
January 15, 2015, 9:03 AM
@Atomic eBay is your friend. There's a merchant from Florida that has it in stock. Make haste before it's gone. Only 6 mark softer left.

Plamobot
January 15, 2015, 9:25 AM
but assuming I can't find some are there any good alternatives?

Microsol makes setters and softers that work quite well.

Dlinker
January 15, 2015, 10:35 AM
edit: alternatively, is there any trustworthy hobby sites that still carry Mr.Mark Softer that has any in stock. Every search I pull up is a dead end, but maybe I'm missing something.

You can try Spruebrothers.com. They sell Mr. Mark Softer and they're a reliable site. I buy paint supplies from them every now and then. MicroSol and MicroSet are both good alternatives, as Plamobot suggested. Solvaset is another one you can try that works well too.

Wreeper007
January 15, 2015, 11:07 AM
Micromark, hobbylinc and a few others sell microset/sol.

Gundams are just plastic models, there are no gundam only tools or paints.

11thshogun
January 15, 2015, 12:19 PM
Hobbywave should have a bunch. But its not worth it just getting one bottle. ( 12 flat rate shipping )

AtomicOldMan
January 15, 2015, 6:32 PM
I appreciate the suggestions and am bookmarking some of these for future use, but thankfully Gundam Planet set aside a bottle of softer when I placed my order back in November, so I should be AOK.

Dark Matter Dynames
January 15, 2015, 9:53 PM
I look at GS&M but they are always "Sold out" of everything I want. I don't think they restock very often. If they do you really need to be Johnny on the spot to get anything.
I don't think that GS&M ever has more than 20 kits in stock at one time. I think they might do a post-holiday restock sometime very soon, though.

Wreeper007
January 16, 2015, 12:18 AM
They just did a nice sale of decals

11thshogun
January 18, 2015, 11:46 PM
Sorry for that top post. This mobile app update is killing me

They are pushing low on the mark softers nowadays . . Even the setters my suppliers cant even get their hands on them. U should try mark fit and strong from tamiya or micro sol. Its the same thing. Setters and softers is just too over hyped.

Plamobot
January 19, 2015, 10:08 AM
Anyone know of a good place to import 7-11 Gunpla without getting reamed?

11thshogun
January 20, 2015, 9:23 AM
Anyone know of a good place to import 7-11 Gunpla without getting reamed?
Well thats not an easy search. To be clear youre talking about 711 exclusive kits right ?

Plamobot
January 20, 2015, 9:50 AM
Unfortunately, yes. :(

Dom Tropen MS-09D
January 20, 2015, 9:56 AM
http://www.amiami.com/top/page/c/gundam.html
Another place to buy kits.

11thshogun
January 22, 2015, 12:11 AM
Unfortunately, yes. :(
Ill see what i can do pls send me a pm. And lets see.

http://www.amiami.com/top/page/c/gundam.html
Another place to buy kits.
Been buying for that site , since my one piece hauls. Lol theyre pretty good with prices and they have better stocks at their rakuten japanese page. (Well, thats if you read japanese) ;):p

Dom Tropen MS-09D
January 22, 2015, 2:36 AM
I ordered MG Infinite Justice from them. Lowest price ive seen it being sold, well anywhere.

ASH74
February 5, 2015, 2:01 PM
I found this site.....

usagundamstore.com

Only skimmed it though.

Wreeper007
February 5, 2015, 2:28 PM
My photoetch parts are cheaper there.

It is just a real webstore for http://www.ebay.com/usr/zi9720.

Bought from him before, good seller.

Plamobot
February 5, 2015, 2:42 PM
I second that, I've bought parts from him too. Got 'em quick!

52brandon
February 13, 2015, 12:08 PM
I just got my first few from www.1999.co.jp/eng/gundam/ (I checked the whole thread and didn't see it listed)
they seem like they're a couple bucks more expensive than amiami.com, but they have a bigger selection than I've seen anywhere and more in stock as well (all 3 I ordered were out of stock at amiami). I don't mind paying a little more to get em quickly instead of waiting for restock. EMS was the most brutal cost, so I'd suggest only using if you're getting a handful, or don't mind waiting for ground shipping instead

Wreeper007
February 13, 2015, 1:11 PM
Always had good luck with 1999.co.jp

Dark Matter Dynames
February 13, 2015, 5:58 PM
1999 has a fantastic selection, way better than Amiami and HLJ combined. They're the most expensive of the three, but It's worth it IMO because what you're looking for is almost guaranteed to be in stock.

Wreeper007
February 13, 2015, 8:36 PM
Best part of 1999 is all the other kits. My last order I tacked on about $20 in the yamato 2199 Mecha colle kits. Great but.

Dark Matter Dynames
February 14, 2015, 10:54 AM
Best part of 1999 is all the other kits. My last order I tacked on about $20 in the yamato 2199 Mecha colle kits. Great but.
...but what?

Wreeper007
February 14, 2015, 11:37 AM
Buy lol

Dark Matter Dynames
February 14, 2015, 1:12 PM
Buy lol
Oh. That makes way more sense. LOL

SaviourChaos
March 4, 2015, 6:53 PM
I prefer Gundam Planet, granted almost every time I've purchased from them I've gotten free shipping, they have a great stock and their free shipping, to me at least, is priority 2 day usps.

Angel With A Shotgun
March 28, 2015, 5:54 AM
I'm in Yokosuka Japan so I tend to hop a train up to Tokyo and purchase models from the numerous shops they have up there. Kotobukiya has man different model types and hobby supplies, There's Tam Tam Hobbies, and many many more. Not sure if this helps any but I think Tam Tam has an online service if you aren't on this side of the pond. ^^

Wreeper007
March 28, 2015, 11:10 AM
^and suddenly the whole forum hates you

Angel With A Shotgun
March 29, 2015, 4:21 AM
^and suddenly the whole forum hates you

Well if you guys want me to look for anything over here I could. ^^

Plamobot
March 29, 2015, 10:23 AM
Ever go to Gundam Front?

Blingsoo
March 29, 2015, 3:38 PM
@Angel with a shotgun

can you read kanji?

Angel With A Shotgun
March 30, 2015, 6:12 AM
@Angel with a shotgun

can you read kanji?

Not yet unfortunately. I'm going to see about classes to learn though.

Ever go to Gundam Front?

I haven't yet but I'm going to try later this year.

Kirky82
March 30, 2015, 6:21 AM
I'm in Yokosuka Japan so I tend to hop a train up to Tokyo and purchase models from the numerous shops they have up there. Kotobukiya has man different model types and hobby supplies, There's Tam Tam Hobbies, and many many more. Not sure if this helps any but I think Tam Tam has an online service if you aren't on this side of the pond. ^^

I hate you....seriously.! :P

I wasn't into gundam/model building in 2007 when I visited Japan for 3 weeks. I bought a few Mazinger/Getter robo figures from stores in Akihabara but that was it (sight seeing and car events mainly)

I'd love to go back.....but my partner hates it lol

Angel With A Shotgun
March 30, 2015, 6:27 AM
I hate you....seriously.! :P

I wasn't into gundam/model building in 2007 when I visited Japan for 3 weeks. I bought a few Mazinger/Getter robo figures from stores in Akihabara but that was it (sight seeing and car events mainly)

I'd love to go back.....but my partner hates it lol

I've been over here for the last 4-5 years with the Navy. ^^ I was lucky to get the duty station I wanted. :)

Dom Tropen MS-09D
March 30, 2015, 6:48 AM
Well if you guys want me to look for anything over here I could. ^^
Mind keeping an eye out for MG Doms or MG Crossbone Full Cloth?

Angel With A Shotgun
March 30, 2015, 7:10 AM
Mind keeping an eye out for MG Doms or MG Crossbone Full Cloth?
Sure next time I head up I'll check for them. ^^

Dom Tropen MS-09D
March 30, 2015, 7:12 AM
Great, thanks mate.

Blingsoo
March 31, 2015, 5:51 PM
Nippon... dream duty stations.

Me... the midwest. Armpit of the USA

LOL
jk I enjoy my area...

sei lori
April 13, 2015, 7:46 PM
Guys you don't even know what I am goin' through. There is absolutely NO hobby shops that sell gunpla near where I live.

V0LTES-V01
April 13, 2015, 8:06 PM
Guys you don't even know what I am goin' through. There is absolutely NO hobby shops that sell gunpla near where I live.
Online shops are your friend.

Dark Matter Dynames
April 13, 2015, 8:29 PM
I recently discovered that there actually IS one here in Maine. The bad news is, it's a 2 1/2 hour drive to get there. Still, their prices are pretty good.

mds73snake
April 14, 2015, 5:36 AM
Hi guys, in June I am heading over to Indianapolis for work, does anyone know of a good hobby shop there where I can stock up on gunpla? Thanks.

sei lori
April 14, 2015, 8:28 AM
Dude, its just not the same. Its like there's a special richual to buying the gunpla from a physical store. If you know what I mean.Also I live in Texas.

Camrea47
April 18, 2015, 3:37 AM
Not sure if this is the place to ask but is hlj always this low on kits? (Mainly MG and RG) I'm just looking around for future orders (I live in New Zealand and to buy a kit over here you have to spend more then double what you pay for a kit at hlj including shipping).
What other online stores are there that I can order from that ship internationally?

Dark Matter Dynames
April 18, 2015, 9:02 AM
Not sure if this is the place to ask but is hlj always this low on kits? (Mainly MG and RG) I'm just looking around for future orders (I live in New Zealand and to buy a kit over here you have to spend more then double what you pay for a kit at hlj including shipping).
What other online stores are there that I can order from that ship internationally?
They're always like that. Everything goes straight from preorder/restock to backorder, seeing something available there is a rare sight indeed. I'd recommend 1999.co.jp/eng. They're a bit more expensive (but only by a couple hundred yen or so) than HLJ sometimes, but they have a wayyy better selection. Amiami (http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list?s_cate4=938&pagemax=40&inctxt2=6) is another good place to look. They don't usually have any more kits in stock than HLJ, but they have great prices. Just keep in mind that you can't cancel preorders from them. Ever. They really don't like that.

Camrea47
April 18, 2015, 6:31 PM
Okay cool I have a look at 1999, what is the deal with their shipping? It doesn't come up with a price? Thanks

Dark Matter Dynames
April 18, 2015, 8:29 PM
Okay cool I have a look at 1999, what is the deal with their shipping? It doesn't come up with a price? Thanks
They have a shipping calculator here (I usually add about 600g for packing weight):
http://www.1999.co.jp/ems.asp

Just keep in mind that either 2 HGs or a small box MG is the limit to what they can ship SAL. Any order bigger than that they ship EMS. Oh, and if you don't know the weight of a kit, it's always in the item description on HLJ, you can just look it up there.

11thshogun
April 19, 2015, 11:12 AM
They have a shipping calculator here (I usually add about 600g for packing weight):
http://www.1999.co.jp/ems.asp

Just keep in mind that either 2 HGs or a small box MG is the limit to what they can ship SAL. Any order bigger than that they ship EMS. Oh, and if you don't know the weight of a kit, it's always in the item description on HLJ, you can just look it up there.
it depends , people send me stuff on SAL from japan all month around. My recent package was a gray zeta that i bought from a friend. Which was pretty huge. It came in SAL.

Dark Matter Dynames
April 19, 2015, 11:18 AM
it depends , people send me stuff on SAL from japan all month around. My recent package was a gray zeta that i bought from a friend. Which was pretty huge. It came in SAL.
I know. But HobbySearch has an unusually low SAL cutoff point, that's why I brought it up. Just because a place like HLJ can ship something SAL doesn't mean that HobbySearch will.

goobahead1
May 10, 2015, 3:08 AM
is there anywhere to buy gundam in the twin cities besides the 2 tomodachi stores?

WolfManGarcia
May 28, 2015, 9:33 AM
Most recently, I've been ordering kits from Amazon. It's more competitive on the pricing and if Amazon fulfills the shipment (free); you get it in a couple days. There are also overseas sellers, but their prices are on par with Amazon's low costs. Just picked up the MG Exia Dark Matter for $43, including free shipping. Beats out having to order $150 worth of stuff to get free shipping; like other online stores.

Dark Matter Dynames
May 28, 2015, 10:18 AM
Most recently, I've been ordering kits from Amazon. It's more competitive on the pricing and if Amazon fulfills the shipment (free); you get it in a couple days. There are also overseas sellers, but their prices are on par with Amazon's low costs. Just picked up the MG Exia Dark Matter for $43, including free shipping. Beats out having to order $150 worth of stuff to get free shipping; like other online stores.
Agreed. I can only ever afford to get a couple kits at a time, so I'm never really able to take advantage of the free shipping some stores offer. For small orders, amazon is excellent.

WolfManGarcia
May 28, 2015, 10:37 AM
Sometimes you can catch a really good deal. Last year I snagged the Sinanju Stein from a seller who was just opening up his online store with Amazon for $45 flat...and it came from Japan in less than a week. Amazing!

Another cool caveat is Amazon warehouse deals. If the box is a little banged up; they mark them down nearly 20%. I just saw the new MG Astray Blue Frame D go for $39. I debated getting it but I am not a fan of the design.

TurtleScubing
June 4, 2015, 10:05 PM
in canada, ontairo i buy my gun dam from a website called canadian gun dam

ahaiko
July 2, 2015, 1:35 AM
Hub Hobby Center (http://www.hubhobby.com/) in the Twin Cities has a good selection. Check both their stores. Scale Model Supplies (http://www.scalemodelsupplies.com/) also has a bunch, but is a bit more expensive

Twitch
July 7, 2015, 9:55 PM
I have been perusing Amazon.com today for my first Gunpla (and also for accessories like markers and such) and have found that with Prime (my wife has Prime) it is actually the best price due to no shipping costs. I do believe that HLJ may be like one or two USD less than Amazon, but the free shipping is awesome.

11thshogun
August 8, 2015, 4:14 AM
Idk if im posting at the right thread but i do hope i am ..

The toyarena at frank and sons had opened their retail store at their warehouse !! Its located in city of la puente .. They are open from 10am to 5pm ... I hope the socal people would get on this 14838

Twitch
August 10, 2015, 5:25 PM
Does anyone know where to get a Ground GM from the 08th MS Team OVA? I have seen pictures of the kit, but cannot find it. Or would I have to kitbash a Ground Gundam's Legs with a GM's torso? I figured that for a GM Commander the Ground Commander GM looks great if I were to swap the legs for the Ground Gundam's to make it look more like the show. Any thoughts on this?

Squee
August 10, 2015, 6:13 PM
In what scale? There is a MG, and a HGUC of it. There is also the HG Ground war set which allows for you to pop on a regular gm head instead of the Ground Gundam.

HG Ground War Set
http://dalong.net/review/hg/hu2/p/hu2.jpg

MG
http://dalong.net/review/mg/m40/p/m40.jpg

Old 1/144 kit. http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ban53281.html#.VckkPq2zmAU

Honestly, if you want it in HG scale, go with the Ground War set.

Twitch
August 10, 2015, 8:50 PM
In what scale? There is a MG, and a HGUC of it. There is also the HG Ground war set which allows for you to pop on a regular gm head instead of the Ground Gundam.

HG Ground War Set
http://dalong.net/review/hg/hu2/p/hu2.jpg

MG
http://dalong.net/review/mg/m40/p/m40.jpg

Old 1/144 kit. http://www.gundamstoreandmore.com/ban53281.html#.VckkPq2zmAU

Honestly, if you want it in HG scale, go with the Ground War set.

I should have specified HG, my apologies. I have seen the ground war set, and the only reason I did not mention it is because the Ground Gundam and GM have different torsos. What I really like about the Ground GM are its colors, torso, and the knees since it is so unique and is much better of a unit than the regular grunt GM. I guess that I could take the legs and shoulders from the Ground Gundam and use the torso and head from the Cold District/Command (not space-type) and make one that way.

But thank you for the responses nonetheless!

ASH74
August 12, 2015, 8:33 AM
For anyone looking to pre-order the newest kits check out Discount Comic Book Service.

https://www.dcbservice.com/search/gundam

They are primarily an on-line comic book retailer but do pre-orders from the Diamond catalog. That means you have to wait for the kit to hit Diamond's warehouses before it will ship to you from DCBS even if it's been released elsewhere. It looks like their prices are better than Gundam Planet. They have once a month flat rate shipping of $6.95.

Right now you can order the Amazing Red Warrior Master Grade for $43.13, G-Self with Perfect Pack for $22.45, and the Real Grade Red Astray for $22.45.

Twitch
September 1, 2015, 10:25 PM
Is there anywhere to obtain parts/runners of kits instead of needing to buy a whole kit for just a specific part (yes, I am aware of the parts wanted/for sale section of the forum here)? For example, does Bandai sell individual runners of beam saber blades, and in various colors? If they did, that would be amae-ze-zing.

ahaiko
September 2, 2015, 7:03 AM
Is there anywhere to obtain parts/runners of kits instead of needing to buy a whole kit for just a specific part (yes, I am aware of the parts wanted/for sale section of the forum here)? For example, does Bandai sell individual runners of beam saber blades, and in various colors? If they did, that would be amae-ze-zing.

If you are just looking for beam saber blades, Bandai sells the Builders Parts MS Effect in both 1/144 and 1/100. They come clear, but there are special versions in blue and pink available as well, though you can just paint the clear versions to get whatever you are looking for.

jacobgoblin
September 10, 2015, 12:38 PM
My kits are coming more and more from my local store (hobbytown) and from 11thshogun.

Hobbytown is about the same price as gundam planet, and I don't mind paying a little bit more since they are nice folks and they support the local IPMS chapter by giving us a place to meet.

11thshogun has great customer service btw.

Where are you located? I have a hobbytown here and I thought there was only one.

Affricktion
December 17, 2015, 9:37 AM
If no one has mentioned it yet, I get a lot of my kits and figures from GundamPlanet.com.

Banshee
December 17, 2015, 9:17 PM
If no one has mentioned it yet, I get a lot of my kits and figures from GundamPlanet.com.

Love that place. PG Banshee parts kit and some action bases just arrived. Great people, if anyone can, I suggest going to the store.

Quaos
January 14, 2016, 6:17 PM
Any reviews for Banzai Hobby? Their prices seem too good to be true. Looks like their SAL shipping can handle much larger kits than 1999.co.jp as well.

ahaiko
January 15, 2016, 11:13 AM
Any reviews for Banzai Hobby? Their prices seem too good to be true. Looks like their SAL shipping can handle much larger kits than 1999.co.jp as well.
I've purchased from them. No issues. Shipped fast, and as you say, the prices are very good.

Timart
February 7, 2016, 4:30 PM
Hi guys. Just want to ask where can i buy limited edition of tiefsturmer? Or ordinary version, kings toyland have their vacation so i cant order there, anyideaguys? Thany you

Angel With A Shotgun
February 7, 2016, 8:57 PM
I get my from various Hobby stores in Akihabara, any parts or special pieces that I can't find or are difficult to procure I tend to go to sites like amazon or USAgundam.

Squee
February 7, 2016, 9:25 PM
Hi guys. Just want to ask where can i buy limited edition of tiefsturmer? Or ordinary version, kings toyland have their vacation so i cant order there, anyideaguys? Thany you

You could try SamuelDecal on facebook.

jackofspades
February 7, 2016, 9:36 PM
I know gundam pro shop (eBay) had some more of the pioneer version (premium edition) of the Tief Sturmer but they are selling it for $500 plus shipping. That's where I bought mine. I preordered from them back in May last year.

Timart
February 7, 2016, 10:43 PM
i've already sent them a message but no reply.. any other store?

jackofspades
February 7, 2016, 10:47 PM
Samuel or gundamproshop?

Timart
February 8, 2016, 3:01 PM
I know gundam pro shop (eBay) had some more of the pioneer version (premium edition) of the Tief Sturmer but they are selling it for $500 plus shipping. That's where I bought mine. I preordered from them back in May last year.
How much cost for the shipping? In kings toyland its 360 usd (ordinary version) shipping is 162usd ems= 522usd im from qatar

jackofspades
February 8, 2016, 3:29 PM
You'll have to look them up and ask them. Not sure how much shipping's going to be to send to you. I know they are selling the normal version to the USA shipped for about $500 but i don't know if they are shipping EMS. They shipped mine air mail.

Timart
February 8, 2016, 3:38 PM
You'll have to look them up and ask them. Not sure how much shipping's going to be to send to you. I know they are selling the normal version to the USA shipped for about $500 but i don't know if they are shipping EMS. They shipped mine air mail.
How many days before you receive it bro? Thank for the help guys

jackofspades
February 8, 2016, 3:46 PM
got mine in about 2 weeks. half of that was being stuck in US customs, at least that's what the tracking number said.

Timart
February 8, 2016, 3:53 PM
Did you already built it? Can the stand support the kit?

jackofspades
February 8, 2016, 3:59 PM
I've just started. You can see it here: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthread.php/46700-Mechanicore-s-Tief-Sturmer-(AKA-Deep-Striker)

Although I have not remotely gotten to the stand yet, I believe it should be fine because they include 2 metal side brackets to be screwed into the stand to help support it. The main booster in the back, however, is a different question.

Timart
February 8, 2016, 4:43 PM
Thanks for the help bro.. Im still thinking if ill buy this kit or a bunch of bandai MG's

jackofspades
February 8, 2016, 4:55 PM
No problem. If you do get it, make sure you know what you are getting into, lol.

thwalker13
February 12, 2016, 3:23 PM
Unfortunately, asking about where to buy those types of kits is against forum policy. See Rule 2 of the "Rules for Member Conduct"

Plamobot
February 12, 2016, 3:46 PM
Understood. Please accept my apologies, and I will delete my post accordingly.

thwalker13
February 12, 2016, 7:12 PM
No problem man. Thank you for being professional about it. :D

NoZaku
February 12, 2016, 7:20 PM
I drove 2 hours on the interstate to a model shop that had Gunpla, then drove back, got stuck in traffic, then got home.

So yeah, it's pretty hard for me to get Gunpla where I live.

Timart
February 19, 2016, 1:06 AM
Hi guys, can someone tell me the service of this gundam shop their kits here are pretty cheap..
http://www.gkgundamkit.com

Rxslinger
February 19, 2016, 1:37 AM
Hi guys, can someone tell me the service of this gundam shop their kits here are pretty cheap..
http://www.gkgundamkit.com

I've only used their ebay store but they aren't bad from my experience. I also have been curious about ordering directly from the online store.

RAMIREN
February 19, 2016, 9:29 AM
I've only used their ebay store but they aren't bad from my experience. I also have been curious about ordering directly from the online store.

I bought my hazel conversion kit and an RX78 2.0 from them, had no issues at all, even marked it down for customs for me.

NoZaku
February 19, 2016, 1:07 PM
How's their shipping costs though?

Rxslinger
February 19, 2016, 1:15 PM
I bought my hazel conversion kit and an RX78 2.0 from them, had no issues at all, even marked it down for customs for me.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind. I see a couple kits that I want.

Timart
February 20, 2016, 10:38 PM
i will order to them till i saw this http://www.gundamforums.com/showthread.php/6798-GKGundamKit-com-BEWARE!!!

Iris_Aznable
March 1, 2016, 9:11 PM
I wonder where the best place to get a P Bandai kit from is..I live in Murica so its tricky.

Plamobot
March 2, 2016, 9:23 AM
Gundam Planet!

Squee
March 3, 2016, 4:03 AM
Gentei Kits. Gundam Planet, while i love the owner, charges a ridiculous mark up for the P Online stuff. With Gentei, you pay about 10 bucks more than what it would cost for the kit if you had a Japanese or HK address. Not to mention, via Gentei Kits, you get your kits when its released. With GP and other like GGInfinite, you wait at least a month for them to receive their batches.

Iris_Aznable
March 3, 2016, 9:14 AM
I kinda heard weird things about gentei like how people got their orders messed up a D never got their p Bandai

Squee
March 3, 2016, 11:05 AM
I've never had issues, and i've ordered a bunch of times from them. Most of the complaints i've seen were mainly due to Bandai canceling their account with them, but that has since been fixed.

Rxslinger
March 3, 2016, 11:37 AM

I've never had issues, and i've ordered a bunch of times from them. Most of the complaints i've seen were mainly due to Bandai canceling their account with them, but that has since been fixed.

I've never had a issue with Gentei kits. I bough around 20+ kits from them over the years and never a issue I've nothing but good things about GP. But I haven't used them for exclusive kits the same goes for Tatsu hobby.

GG infinity is another story. Everytime I order a p bandai kit from them there has been a issue. They have worst customer service that I've ever dealt with. They rarely returned my emails with my last purchase I made with them. I waited 9 months for a kit that I wanted that was listed as "incsock" on there website. Not to mention their shipping is a joke. It takes a week-week and half for not order's to arrive and I live 6 hours from them. Personally I say avoid them at all cose unless they are the only ones with a kit you want and you don't want to pay eBay pricing.

Personally I will continue to use Gentei kits. The own seems like a decent person and is very helpful with any questions I may have. But to each other own.

Iris_Aznable
March 3, 2016, 11:41 AM
Oh yeah it was due to the account stuff. Well if it's fixed then why not :) I want a Gerbera Tetra rollout version, though I don't see it on their site.

Rxslinger
March 3, 2016, 1:00 PM
Oh yeah it was due to the account stuff. Well if it's fixed then why not :) I want a Gerbera Tetra rollout version, though I don't see it on their site.

Gentei kits has it. I received a E-mail saying the preoders are available for it. I think it's on there main page right now.

Xeiond
March 3, 2016, 9:02 PM
Hello! I am new here but thought I'd mention for any Canadian builders, I used to use eBay.ca or Amazon.ca but shipping lately for a decent arrival time has gotten pricey. But since December I've been using Gundamhobby.ca which charges 17$ for shipping and yet to have any issues. The prices are pretty good and from BC to Sk takes about three business days. I hope this may be of some assistance to someone.

Darzer
March 30, 2016, 1:48 AM
I got a lot of my kits via Amazon then started using Hobbywave since sometime the total comes out cheaper even with the $12 flat shipping fee and gets here sooner.

Face Mcshooty
April 6, 2016, 9:26 AM
Haven't seen anything about thus yet so if I missed it some where else sorry to make a new thread.......anyways
What is the cheapest and best place to get these kits state side?
Also which store is the best to order them from over seas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Rxslinger
April 6, 2016, 1:00 PM
Haven't seen anything about thus yet so if I missed it some where else sorry to make a new thread.......anyways
What is the cheapest and best place to get these kits state side?
Also which store is the best to order them from over seas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Where in Cali are you? I'm in Cali also. I order most of my over seas kits from hlj and Gentei kits for p bandai kits. I've good things about Gundam planet and I've order a couple things from USA Gundam store. Both are back east. I usually pick up a kit from stores I visit if they have something I want instock. I try and avoid gg infinity far from the best place to deal with.

Twitch
April 6, 2016, 1:16 PM
So far the cheapest prices that I have found (including shipping) are Amazon (free shipping if you are prime), 1999.co, and HLJ. Of course I have only ever ordered one kit and it was from Amazon, but I have spent some time looking at other sites and compared. I made a spreadsheet of the kits that I want and listed the prices on the various sites so that I could compare overall prices.

jackofspades
April 6, 2016, 2:24 PM
I sometimes get mine from tatsuhobby in San Jose but also only because I can pick up locally. They can ship to you as well.

Face Mcshooty
April 7, 2016, 5:21 AM
Where in Cali are you? I'm in Cali also. I order most of my over seas kits from hlj and Gentei kits for p bandai kits. I've good things about Gundam planet and I've order a couple things from USA Gundam store. Both are back east. I usually pick up a kit from stores I visit if they have something I want instock. I try and avoid gg infinity far from the best place to deal with.

I'm in....ugh...Bakersfield...
(HHangs head in shame)

I got my MG Hyalushiki 2.0, mega bazooka, and magictoys weapons kit from Usagundam. Pretty good to deal with and fast. I'm gonna try and get all 3 rare zeta kits before.years end. The Hyalushiki Kai and anything else zeta CCA and unicorn related.....now if they would only make a MG gaplant

gundammonkey
April 8, 2016, 12:20 AM
I'm in....ugh...Bakersfield...
(HHangs head in shame)

I got my MG Hyalushiki 2.0, mega bazooka, and magictoys weapons kit from Usagundam. Pretty good to deal with and fast. I'm gonna try and get all 3 rare zeta kits before.years end. The Hyalushiki Kai and anything else zeta CCA and unicorn related.....now if they would only make a MG gaplant

If you want the hard to find zeta talk to "11th shogun" he is on the forms and I got a few kits from him. He has some good cheap connections.

NoZaku
April 9, 2016, 8:37 PM
http://storeloc.gundam.info/shoplist/

Found a Gunpla store locator for those who need it in the USA.

Squee
April 9, 2016, 9:02 PM
^That's smart of Blufin, a great way to support official retailers. Buying from them gives Bandai statistics on US sales. Sadly, i punch in my zip and i don't get anything lol

goobahead1
April 19, 2016, 6:48 PM
Guys i thought this would be pertinent to put here... I just scored a duel gundam assault shroud r02 hg 1/144 and a buster gundam hg 1/144 from the gundam seed series tigether for 25.51 after tax! I bought them at scale model supplies in saint paul mn. They have a pretty cool decently sized gundam model kit section! And everything is really well priced!

Face Mcshooty
April 21, 2016, 2:54 AM
Does anybody know where to order custom weapons for master grade kits?

Plamobot
April 21, 2016, 8:32 AM
^That's smart of Blufin, a great way to support official retailers. Buying from them gives Bandai statistics on US sales. Sadly, i punch in my zip and i don't get anything lol

Same here, and there's at least two shops (three if you count B&N) around here that sell 'em.

Face Mcshooty
April 21, 2016, 12:02 PM
Anybody ever order from hobbywave.com? If so was it a good experience?

Squee
April 21, 2016, 3:13 PM
I used to buy from them all the time years ago, but now i have a couple of local spots, so there is no need.

They're pretty awesome, just make sure you buy a few things as shipping is one price for any amount of items. Great paint/tool selection, and decent prices. It would take at least a week for me to get my stuff, but i'm on the other side of the country.

Face Mcshooty
April 22, 2016, 5:12 AM
I used to buy from them all the time years ago, but now i have a couple of local spots, so there is no need.

They're pretty awesome, just make sure you buy a few things as shipping is one price for any amount of items. Great paint/tool selection, and decent prices. It would take at least a week for me to get my stuff, but i'm on the other side of the country.

Thanks man and yeah I am gonna get at lease $150 of stuff so yay for cheap shipping

Darzer
April 29, 2016, 5:50 AM
Anyone had a problem buying online from Planet Gundam? I've tried but apparently my card or bank declines paying due to fraud....anyone ever had that happen?

Plamobot
April 29, 2016, 8:31 AM
I assume you mean Gundam Planet? Never had an issue with them, and their customer service is top notch. Give your bank a call; they can approve it for ya!

Rxslinger
April 29, 2016, 9:23 AM

Yah that that everytime I used gginfinity. Take me a week to get my order and I live about 6 hrs away. I heard good things about hobby wave.

Darzer
April 29, 2016, 9:26 AM
Yah that that everytime I used gginfinity. Take me a week to get my order and I live about 6 hrs away. I heard good things about hobby wave.

I've ordered a good amount from them, shipping time is decent and every order is tracked so you can see where it is. Hobbywave is good, though make sure if you do order it's at least three or four items so that $12 flat fee is worth it.

gundam storm
May 4, 2016, 3:25 PM
Anyone order from here http://www.bandaionline.com/brand/bandai/ ? I'm having a hard time they returned my shipping payment. Said the shipping address was not on my paypal. I contacted paypal and they said that my shipping address is showing. I preordered a the final battle unicorn pg. Sucks now if i have to try and get my money back because these things have shot up in price all over the place if not sold out already.

Darzer
May 5, 2016, 8:57 PM
Question about HLJ. If something is currently backordered with the delivery being between 4 to 6 weeks, has anyone ordered anything from them and gotten their item(s) in that timeframe?

Face Mcshooty
May 5, 2016, 9:27 PM
Yup I have but I also had to wait for the rest of my order as well.

Side note: I have been reading a lot of bad reviews about shipping time from gundamstoreandmore. I just wanna say that if there was a problem it's not on there end they got my order out within 24hrs. Fucking lame ass FedEx ( btw I have always hated these retarded asshats) had my package in transit from encino, NM. to Barstow, CA. For 4 day! It's literally a 3 hour drive! Did they fucking put the package on a old Tyne western union stage coach and have to fight off outlaws and Indians and shit? I mean come on. Anyways as he moment...they got my package out quickly and made sure that on delivery date in had item which was cool. And as for stock. I called them about the rezel defensor and they had a few in stock still!?! 72 bucks when all said and done where everybody else wanted 150 and above. So if there is something you want just call and ask.

Also www.hobbywave.com besides waiting 3 days for package to be shipped out these guys rule as well I ordered over 150 in lots from them cos they got that $10 flat rate shipping on all orders. So I got the my marasai, rx178 her 2.0, dijeh and some paints. Shipping was 10 bucks. Totally worth it cos so far they seem to have the most affordable prices this far.

Plamobot
May 6, 2016, 8:32 AM
I've never had an issue with GSAM, either.

gundam storm
May 6, 2016, 2:35 PM
I tried ordering from Bandaionline.com and they won't ship my item. They keep saying that my address isn't on my paypal acct. I gave them my address. I called paypal and they say that my shipping address is present on the payment. They keep refunding my shipping. I decided to call my credit card company and reverse the charges. Stay away from these scammers. They charge a 30% restocking fee if you ask for a refund. They don't even have the product so this is a scam to gain 30% of what you paid. If not for the fact that I used my paypal by paying with credit card I would have lost 30% of 259.00. Best of luck to anyone who tries to order from these criminals.

thwalker13
May 6, 2016, 3:25 PM
I tried ordering from Bandaionline.com and they won't ship my item. They keep saying that my address isn't on my paypal acct. I gave them my address. I called paypal and they say that my shipping address is present on the payment. They keep refunding my shipping. I decided to call my credit card company and reverse the charges. Stay away from these scammers. They charge a 30% restocking fee if you ask for a refund. They don't even have the product so this is a scam to gain 30% of what you paid. If not for the fact that I used my paypal by paying with credit card I would have lost 30% of 259.00. Best of luck to anyone who tries to order from these criminals.

The thing about that is, you were trying to order a P-Bandai Exclusive. Which means, unless you have an address in Japan. They aren't going to ship to you. P-Bandai Exclusives are only available through Bandai to Japanese residents. You'll have to go through a 3rd party supplier like GGInfinite, Gundam Planet, or Gentai Kits to get your Unicorn.

gundam storm
May 6, 2016, 3:31 PM
The thing about that is, you were trying to order a P-Bandai Exclusive. Which means, unless you have an address in Japan. They aren't going to ship to you. P-Bandai Exclusives are only available through Bandai to Japanese residents. You'll have to go through a 3rd party supplier like GGInfinite, Gundam Planet, or Gentai Kits to get your Unicorn.

These guys aren't bandai. Its a 3rd party vendor. MSRP for P-bandai Unicorn gundam final battle version is I believe 190.00 US. These guys are charging 259. They keep rejecting my payment for the shipping because they claim my shipping address is not on the paypal account. I contacted paypal and the my shipping address is on the account. They even responded with the shipping address in their letter that I gave them when I created the account. These guys are trying to get the "30% restocking fee" by making it impossible to get your product till you give up and request a refund. Then they go there is a 30% restocking fee. and make 30% of the purchase with out ever having sold anything.

Rxslinger
May 6, 2016, 3:52 PM
These guys aren't bandai. Its a 3rd party vendor. MSRP for P-bandai Unicorn gundam final battle version is I believe 190.00 US. These guys are charging 259. They keep rejecting my payment for the shipping because they claim my shipping address is not on the paypal account. I contacted paypal and the my shipping address is on the account. They even responded with the shipping address in their letter that I gave them when I created the account. These guys are trying to get the "30% restocking fee" by making it impossible to get your product till you give up and request a refund. Then they go there is a 30% restocking fee. and make 30% of the purchase with out ever having sold anything.

Who did you use?

thwalker13
May 6, 2016, 3:57 PM
My bad. I got the websites mixed up. Yeah sounds like you're being scammed pretty badly. I'd tell them that you have contacted Paypal about the issue. And that your address is in fact on your account. And you could even request that Paypal contact them directly. And that if the issue is not resolved. You'll contact the Better Business Bureau about it. I have found that once you mention the B.B.B., people start sweating pretty heavily.

gundam storm
May 8, 2016, 1:05 PM
These guys are supposedly in Japan, but I highly doubt it. I pay all my purchases with my amex credit card, when paypal is required i fund it through my amex. I don't bother talking to paypal I just call my credit card company and they reverse the charges. They have a policy of if you lost it, broke it, it's stolen, its covered for 1 year beyond the manufacturers warranty. The best part is there is no hassles to get your funds back.

I already contacted paypal regarding verification of my address on the account if it was present when i first paid. i paid again and told them this and also told them that paypal wants them to contact them to fix any problems they are having on their end. They went ahead and refunded my shipping again. So I'm done with them. I ended up buying it from big bad toy store at a higher price but at least I'm getting my item for sure.

RileyWarfield
May 20, 2016, 1:40 PM
Has anyone used gkgundamkit.com? I'd like to know if their shipping is any good.

Ta11Geese84
May 31, 2016, 8:10 AM
Hey everyone. I noticed in another thread, some folks mentioned living in Tennessee. My girlfriend and I will be moving there in July, and I was wondering where the good Gunpla spots are in the greater Nashville area.
Thanks!
T11G84

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncalledfore88
May 31, 2016, 9:23 PM
Kinda Hard to say.. I'm very new to the hobby and newish to the area (3 years). I know that when i go to barnes and noble in Murfreesboro (i cant spell tonight haa) their HGs never seem to stay long and their RG/MG seem to go decently quick so someone has to be building them.. There is a hobby town USA in Mt Juliet and they may be able to give more info, but those places are decently close to me (im south of nashville) I dont know any stores in nashville that sell gunpla tho...

Ta11Geese84
June 1, 2016, 8:03 AM
Thanks! Is there a pretty decent selection at the Mt Juliet Hobbytown? I've got a couple near where I currently live, and some are definitely better than others.

Uncalledfore88
June 1, 2016, 8:42 AM
It's not horrible, They have a lot more HG than they do anything else so it limits what i buy (i dont care for HG). But if you're looking for something just real quick and dont want to wait for shipping, it's where to go.

Ta11Geese84
June 1, 2016, 1:04 PM
Thanks for the quick response! I build HG almost exclusively, so this is good news for me.
Also, I see that this post has been combined with the "Where to buy Gundams?" thread; sorry for putting it in the wrong place.

ruiyongcx
June 5, 2016, 4:33 PM
Try rui yong hobby,
www.ruiyonghobby.com

Squee
June 5, 2016, 5:10 PM
Just to point out, some non gundam dealers have been stocking it in the past year. Barnes & Nobles, some gamestops, and some Hot Topics now.

Zeta
June 5, 2016, 9:58 PM
Just to point out, some non gundam dealers have been stocking it in the past year. Barnes & Nobles, some gamestops, and some Hot Topics now.

Really? Now that's interesting about the latter two because I haven't heard anything about them stocking Gunpla. They must be testing the waters to see if it's a viable market.

Darzer
June 5, 2016, 10:00 PM
It'd be interesting none the less.

Wiz33
June 7, 2016, 11:41 AM
New small site. Darren lives in Japan and can get you non-mainstream items that U.S. company may not stock. Shipping is via EMS and very reasonable. He just started the webpage so there's not much there but just drop him a message on what you want and he'll get back to you fast. I think of him as more a personal shopper for Japanese Stuff.

http://tokyomodeldetective.com/

LordThurisaz
June 24, 2016, 10:26 PM
Guys check out Tower Hobbies, I just slayed a massive order from there 10+ MG 1/100 kits. I recived a EW HeavyArms from them a week ago or so when I ordered one on a whim, just threw my entire paycheck at them today. Great selection, prices, and free shipping on orders over 50$

mythos-018
July 4, 2016, 9:22 PM
Where in the world is this???

http://i.imgur.com/o36T3zT.jpg

LordThurisaz
July 4, 2016, 9:25 PM
@Mythos when you find out let me know!

Blingsoo
July 5, 2016, 12:20 AM
@mythos and @lord

if you're looking those g unit kits at that price. Wait on tower hobbies for the second round distribution of those kits. I was able to preorder them the 1st round and I got doubles of each. (You have to order two if you preorder from tower hobbies)

and that pic may be from a store that got a shipment from blue fin distribution.

https://twitter.com/bluefinbrands/status/736722551099949056

MinerEdgar
August 10, 2016, 5:42 AM
Anyone now a shop in the bay area that has the EX Magella Attack tank?

jackofspades
August 10, 2016, 9:35 AM
Have you tried tatsuhobby in San Jose?

MinerEdgar
August 10, 2016, 6:52 PM
I go there alot, i checked their site and Visual inventory and the only EX model was the 1/35 M61A5

jackofspades
August 10, 2016, 7:22 PM
Amazon?

MinerEdgar
August 10, 2016, 7:48 PM
Found one on amazon! Here (https://www.amazon.com/Bandai-1-144-EX-28-Magella-Attack/dp/B000EGCS6Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1470872749&sr=8-1&keywords=EX+magella) Im a bit wary of it, mainly due to the image used. How much did the set cost originally?

Iris_Aznable
August 10, 2016, 8:14 PM
there is this japanese stuff store at the mall here and a few weeks ago I told them theyd do better if they sold their gunpla clooser to their Yen price in USD...not nearly twice that. SO they dropped their prices and now they said theyve been selling a lot more and can expand their inventory. So basically I just enabled my addiction more lol.

Rxslinger
August 10, 2016, 10:26 PM
there is this japanese stuff store at the mall here and a few weeks ago I told them theyd do better if they sold their gunpla clooser to their Yen price in USD...not nearly twice that. SO they dropped their prices and now they said theyve been selling a lot more and can expand their inventory. So basically I just enabled my addiction more lol.

Congratulations. Lol.

LordThurisaz
August 11, 2016, 6:21 PM
Didn't even think of this until now!!! I'm going on a family vacation next week to Duluth MN & Superior WI for a event that's being held up there... anyone know of some good Gunpla shops up there?

Wolfbane79
August 14, 2016, 4:55 PM
The oriental accents in the Meridian mall, in Okemos michigan. Has a decent selection at the moment.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

gundamrewind
September 10, 2016, 3:08 PM
Hey guys, is this site http://www.usagundamstore.com/ trustworthy for buying kits? It's my first time buying online, and please share to me other sites I can go to!

thwalker13
September 11, 2016, 3:13 PM
I just ordered an option part from them. 1st time I had ever bought from them. Fast shipping, and pretty decent rates. I'd say that I'd buy from them again.

Rxslinger
September 11, 2016, 3:28 PM
They are a good store. I've done business with their online store many times and their eBay store when they first started out. My only complaint would be their pbandai prices are a little high on some kits, but they aren't who I mainly use for pbandai. Any give them a try they are a great shop especially since the carry somethings other stores don't. I avoid gginfinity as a online store.

NorthBayGundam
October 28, 2016, 11:15 PM
Any online stores based on the west coast that sell gunpla? I only know of 1.

Zeta
October 28, 2016, 11:45 PM
Any online stores based on the west coast that sell gunpla? I only know of 1.

Here's a thread that list's places that sell Gunpla in the entire United States: http://www.gundamforums.com/showthread.php/46181-National-Gunpla-Retail-Store-Database

Ayleron
November 13, 2016, 12:53 PM
Hey guys, is this site http://www.usagundamstore.com/ trustworthy for buying kits? It's my first time buying online, and please share to me other sites I can go to!

Thanks for posting this link, just pre-ordered RG Build Strike from them for 31 with shipping because of the sales.

Squee
November 13, 2016, 2:50 PM
Yea um USAGundamStore is located in Florida lol

clemsonc
November 17, 2016, 11:44 AM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161117/a88cac29a5f4aa408c6b81500574c5fa.jpg

This place is pretty good, if you are in Hong Kong. Very good selections, and the prices are great.

EDB3
December 4, 2016, 9:47 PM
Has anyone ever been to this store in Austin TX. going there to visit my son after new years. Some of the pics on Yelp showed better selection of gunpla than my local stores in Chicago.

http://www.fitjpstore.com/

EDB3
December 12, 2016, 3:41 PM
Just got MG Strike Full Package from Amazon (one of the various vendors on there) for $38 with 2 day shipping. Seems like there are some good deals to be had on Amazon for more common items and you cant argue fast Prime shipping.

DCBoone
January 14, 2017, 7:57 AM
Has anyone ever been to this store in Austin TX. going there to visit my son after new years. Some of the pics on Yelp showed better selection of gunpla than my local stores in Chicago.

http://www.fitjpstore.com/
This store is not in Austin it's located in Houston. (unless they've recently opened up a store there. I've moved away two years ago after a 14-year stint)
The Hobbytowns around Austin carry Gundams. About the same size selection. Hope this helps.

Banshee
January 16, 2017, 9:58 AM
Funzai in Hackettstown NJ has a nicely little selection of HG and a few MG kits in his store. Prices are ok considering its a very small, very new anime store.

EDB3
January 17, 2017, 11:09 PM
Ok so my report back from Fit in Austin TX. They had lots of odds and ends at the store and very little along the lines of toys but they had gunpla no paint or accessories. There was about 20 RG kits lowest price was like $31 and these were mostly the lower costing kits, there were about 8 RG, all on the pricey side as well and 2 PG kits. There was no HG kits which I thought was odd. I was kind of hoping for some HGs and better pricing, and also was hoping that there were some supplies, tools etc..

mrdinh1
January 23, 2017, 3:40 PM
how about hobbytown usa? not sure if they have good prices but decent selections

mrdinh1
February 4, 2017, 2:53 AM
anyone been to this anime store in kent wa? they have so many huge gundam models hanging on the ceiling...what kits are they?

StrummFan217
February 26, 2017, 6:05 PM
Most of the time, I order them online, but when I can, I like going to my local hobby shop, Toy Mandala, and buy Gundam models there. :) It always takes me a while to decide which ones I'm going to buy since I tend to geek out over the stores selection of different models. :D

mrdinh1
February 27, 2017, 3:40 PM
anyone been to this store? do they have good prices/selection of gundam kits?

Rxslinger
February 27, 2017, 4:47 PM
anyone been to this store? do they have good prices/selection of gundam kits?

What store? You didn't post a name.

mrdinh1
February 27, 2017, 5:06 PM
the store name is skyway model shop in renton

clemsonc
March 1, 2017, 2:36 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170301/0d55dba0431a63a4cf3923931fa8ddc1.jpg

That's sad. I've only been to their Santa Clara store once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Zeta
March 1, 2017, 1:48 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170301/0d55dba0431a63a4cf3923931fa8ddc1.jpg

That's sad. I've only been to their Santa Clara store once.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That is sad. I really liked them. Their Gunpla selection, while not always big, were decently priced.

Rxslinger
March 1, 2017, 4:49 PM
That is sad. I really liked them. Their Gunpla selection, while not always big, were decently priced.

Do they have a website?

Zeta
March 1, 2017, 4:58 PM
Do they have a website?

Yeah, hobbypeople.net. However I was talking about their physical stores, not their online store.

Lord of the Manatees
March 2, 2017, 12:28 PM
Since I have Amazon Prime I generally just order all of my models off of Amazon. While some models do take a while to ship not all of them do.

Zenko
July 8, 2017, 3:08 AM
Since I have Amazon Prime I generally just order all of my models off of Amazon. While some models do take a while to ship not all of them do.
Same. Hard to shop elsewhere, although is nice to walk in to a local store and buy one but I do most of my shopping online :/ the future is online.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Scar 405
July 8, 2017, 1:06 PM
im starting to get really tempted by usagundamstore.com is it a good? and btw wish.com may sound like a cheaper option but it all comes in branded DABAN MODEL and the boxes come beat to hell, I got my tallgeese on wish, the model and the decals and stickers were still accurate but it wasn't BANDAI

Adrian Guardia
September 5, 2017, 5:24 PM
Originally buying from Amazon might be good, but there are some people who raise the prices at ridiculous levels. One model I just preordered at Hobby Search was seen on Amazon at $36 to a whopping $100 (and that's with price + shipping and handling) The model that gets this treatment is the G-Saviour.

Honestly, the best place I can get Gundam models was (and I do me was) Barnes & Noble. Now you can only get their models online (from my own experience), and they have only a small handful of models (like 47 results of them) and many times some models I wish to order say their out of stock, with none of them ever seeming to get restocked (again, own experience).

Daltrons-counter-attack
September 5, 2017, 8:35 PM
Yea Amazon you have to check constantly to see if the prices change that's were I order everything

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

clemsonc
September 6, 2017, 4:41 AM
Where to buy Gundams in Singapore?

Drachenherz
September 9, 2017, 1:42 AM

Yes, they're fantastic to work with. Now if they could just maintain a steady stock.

- - - Updated - - -

LeDelmo
May 27, 2018, 9:01 PM
Where is everyone getting their pre-orders in?

I want to order the Jegan. But, cant seem to find a place that offers pre-ordering that has free shipping. Would a retailer be better? Amazon is the cheapest so far at $43 with free shipping. (Which is odd considering the Jegan is so-post to retail for $39)

Ebay is even worse what up with the $75 Jegan on there? I have also found $48 and $50 Jegans.

gundammonkey
June 14, 2018, 11:57 AM
Has anyone ever ordered anything from Aliexspress.com? I see them listed on all kinds of stuff really cheap. Are they really what they say they are or is it super cheap because shipping is a kick in the a$$ expensive?

- - - Updated - - -

Where is everyone getting their pre-orders in?

I want to order the Jegan. But, cant seem to find a place that offers pre-ordering that has free shipping. Would a retailer be better? Amazon is the cheapest so far at $43 with free shipping. (Which is odd considering the Jegan is so-post to retail for $39)

Ebay is even worse what up with the $75 Jegan on there? I have also found $48 and $50 Jegans.

Free shipping is not really an option on most all retailers. But I get a lot of stuff from USA gundam store. You have to remember all of this stuff has to come from Japan. Amazon and ebay can do free shipping, but it isn't really because look at the price. The shipping is in the mark up.

Plamobot
June 14, 2018, 2:16 PM
I've gotten a few knockoff kits from Aliexpress. Everything was pretty cheap.