PDA

View Full Version : Do you listen to music while you build?

Jfl0
November 29, 2012, 10:08 AM
I certainly do. It helps my creative side when I am working on projects. I will typically listen to this genre of music when doing so:

Jpop
Heavy Metal
Death Metal
Black Metal
Thrash Metal
Nu Metal
Melodic Death Metal
Metal (lol)
Hard Rock

from bands such as:

Abigail Williams
All Shall Perish
As I Lay Dying
At the Gates
Black Label Society
Bolt Thrower
Born of Osiris
Cradle of Filth
Darkest Hour
Dethklok
Ensiferum
Fear Factory
Five Finger Death Punch
Gojira
Killswitch Engage
Lacuna Coil
Make Me Famous
Nightwish
Periphery
Sabaton
Veil of Maya

And Jpop artists such as (I apologize if names are reversed and which-ever way):

Ai Otsuka
Asian Kung Fu Generation
Aya Hirano
Ayumi Hamasaki
Bump of Chicken
Chieko Kawabe
Eiko Shimamiya
Halcali
High and Mighty Color
Hyde
Jinn
Kimeru
L'Arc'En'Ciel
Maaya Sakamoto
Mai Yamane
Maximum the Hormone
Mika Nakashima
Mikuni Shimokawa
Nightmare
Okui Masami
R Cena
Shoko Nagakawa
SID
The Brilliant Green
The Pillows
Tommy Heavenly 6
TWO-MIX
UVERworld
Younha
Yui Horie
Yui Ichikawa

My concentration level goes up, but sometimes if I am fiddling with something I'll pause the music for a few minutes as I figure out what I am doing. I just plug my Ipod into a cheap speaker system my parents had and listen that way. Even when I work at 3-4am in the morning, I am told by other occupants of the house that no one can really hear me.

Deathscythe!
November 29, 2012, 10:23 AM
Haven't tried this method out yet.

You explaining no one remarks you listening to music implies you listen to music by speakers (no headphones)

I'll try utilising music to calm myself down (for I always get emotional, when concerning myself with gundam)

ChapelMkII
November 29, 2012, 10:51 AM
I often find background noise helps me out, so I've always got something playing. I don't limit it to just music though. Since I've normally got my laptop by my side, If it's not music that's playing, it's a random gundam episode or something on my Netflix or Hulu queue :D

Dlinker
November 29, 2012, 11:40 AM
I listen to music from time to time while building and what I listen to is a mix of Classical, soundtracks from movies or anime, and classic rock. But, most of the time, I just work in complete silence due to how often I get interrupted. I let the ambient noises of the world around me as my soundtrack, haha. It feels lonely now due to winter, but back when it was still sunny and warm, it felt very refreshing.

Focke Wulf
November 29, 2012, 3:02 PM
Music sometimes but I mostly watch stuff on Hulu or Youtube. The problem I have with music is that I listen to music a lot because I travel a lot for work thus I listen to music while driving.

thwalker13
November 29, 2012, 3:19 PM
I usually do when I can. It helps me relax and concentrate a lot better.

Squee
November 29, 2012, 8:51 PM
I normally have my library on shuffle but lately, i pump some orchestra or piano tracks when i am airbrushing.

Jfl0
November 29, 2012, 10:18 PM
It's interesting to see how different builders find different sources of inspiration. I hooked up my PS2 to an old TV in my shop and watched G Gundam as I worked on Heavyarms MG, but I found it distracted me half the time xD.

thwalker13
November 29, 2012, 10:59 PM
I some times watch/listen to rrobbert184, styderprime, and a few others while working. It's some times distracting but keeps me going.

Jfl0
November 29, 2012, 11:24 PM
It is nice to subscribe to them (I subscribe to rrobbert184) and watch their reviews and what they do. When I need a break, I may go watch some youtube videos on modeling or a gundam review. It's always fun, and afterwards it makes me want to go back and build kits (lol).

Kenico
November 30, 2012, 1:07 AM
interesting, ill like listening to Classical Music. though on the other hand i just like watching television or pretty much listen to anything while im workin :p

Exia
November 30, 2012, 2:16 AM
I'm actually watching Bleach right now and finishing up my HG Dark Hound.

Squee
November 30, 2012, 4:25 AM
interesting, ill like listening to Classical Music. though on the other hand i just like watching television or pretty much listen to anything while im workin :p

Oh yea, i mainly listen while i paint. When i'm actually building a kit, i normally watch tv or stream a show on netflix. Lately it's been Supernatural. XD

Deathscythe!
November 30, 2012, 9:00 AM
Don't get me wrong, but why do you guys actually listen to classical music ?
Does it really assist that convincingly much, that you are inclined to listen to it ?

(I'm heading out, tending to paint and asseble my RF astray HG)

Jfl0
November 30, 2012, 9:08 AM
I wouldn't mind hearing some metal classics in a classical rendition. I suppose it helps some to become creative, or to keep the subconscious occupied.

Germany?!? I'm 25%ish German and I neglected to mention Megaherz or Rammstein? A crime I tell you! a crime! *spits fire out of a mechanical apparatus*

:D

Dlinker
November 30, 2012, 12:12 PM
Don't get me wrong, but why do you guys actually listen to classical music ?
Does it really assist that convincingly much, that you are inclined to listen to it ?

(I'm heading out, tending to paint and asseble my RF astray HG)

I listen to Classical music because it's a calming background sound for me. Plus, unlike normal songs, I find that it gives me an easier time to relate the music to my experiences. Kinda like the background music from an RPG. It can be soothing, exciting, or lavish depending on what I'm experiencing at the moment. Not sure if that makes sense, haha.

Squee
November 30, 2012, 1:52 PM
^Yea it helps me to relax and focus on what i'm doing. When i listen to a song with lyrics and it's something i know, i can get distracted by a memory of that song and lose a bit of focus on painting. I am not saying its all i listen too. Some times i'll play some drum and bass when i paint. Keeps me wired. ^_^

Deathscythe!
November 30, 2012, 4:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J_WRDewGjM&feature=endscreen&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey2tv7r6lp8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDPpq4qkkjA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INA1j4S9wSU