PDA

View Full Version : If you could have any Gundam Manga/novel/video game animated

Zeta-G
September 14, 2010, 5:33 PM
What would it be and why? It could be as a movie, OVA, or full series.

Given the release of Gundam UC, I don't think this kind of scenario is as unlikely as it would have been a few years ago.

I'd like to see Crossbone Gundam get animated as either an OVA or a series for a few reasons.
1) It is a UC story by Yoshiyuki Tomino.
2) F91's story doesn't have a proper conclusion in animated form.
3) The odds are pretty low for the manga ever getting released in English.
4) It, like Unicorn, was pretty popular in Japan when it was released.
5) The mecha designs are pretty good.
6) Pirate Gundams.

What stories would you like to see animated?

Zombie Freyr
September 15, 2010, 3:49 AM
Normally, I would agree with you about having Crossbone Gundam animated, since I would love to see it turned into either a proper 40-50 episode series (although, that might be too long of an episode estimate since the manga is only 6 volumes, not counting the non-Tomino additions, which could also be adapted as well, I guess) or a 6-12 episode OVA with hour long episodes. However, for some reason, I would also like to see Tomino direct one of his novelized sequels or adaptions of the shows. Probably his sequel novel to Char's Counterattack.

Crossbone Gundam is definitely the one I want to see animated the most for the very same reasons as Zeta-G mentioned. However, the reason why I would like to see Tomino direct one of his sequel/adaption novels is more out of artistic curiosity, not the perfection of Gundam canon.

Zeta-G
September 15, 2010, 4:00 AM
From what I understand, Hathaway's Flash is dependent on some of the things in Beltorchika's Children which were different from Char's Counterattack.

Zombie Freyr
September 15, 2010, 4:05 AM
*shrugs* in a stupid way of countering that possibility, I suppose Tomino could make a special director's cut blah blah version for Char's Counterattack, following some of the ways Ridley Scott re-edited Blade Runner a thousand times over with new footage and such that could then alter Char's Counterattack to make it more like Beltorchika's Children. :roll:

Skittles
October 20, 2010, 8:50 PM
The Gundam SEED Astray novels. There are a few scenes in certain chapters that deserve animation. And most of them could probably easily stand alone as OVAs (or combine a pair of chapters - 2 & 8 would be perfect together, same with 5 & 6).

And if I get to ask for more, the Destiny Astray novels, if only for Chapters 4 & 5.

SilverFrameAstray
October 20, 2010, 9:41 PM
Gundam OOF and SEED VS ASTRAY in a heartbeat. That needs to happen.

Just imagining watching Astraea or Hail Buster Gundam in movement would be amazing.

Not only that, but SEED VS ASTRAY would be the only series my girlfriend would actively watch without me. This is because of Mirage Frame no doubt.

GNzaku0023
October 20, 2010, 10:49 PM
Gundam OOF and SEED VS ASTRAY in a heartbeat. That needs to happen.

Just imagining watching Astraea or Hail Buster Gundam in movement would be amazing.

Agreed. I looked up the story line for OOF and was highly intrigued, however, around here there are no stores that sell gundam manga. Borders used to have Gundam Wing Manga, but not anymore. Now they just have stupid Naruto and other cliched manga. :evil:

Seed vs. Astray needs to happen. IT MUST HAPPEN!!!!!!!

As everyone has said before me, Crossbone has got to happen as well. My cousin had the manga and it was amazing.

SilverFrameAstray
October 20, 2010, 11:23 PM
They have OOF/OOP at borders mate. I want it. I saw it. I read a bit of it. I need that manga.

Zeta-G
October 20, 2010, 11:40 PM
Astray would be nice, if for no other reason than the fact that it fills in several giant plot holes in the SEED universe...

Skittles
October 21, 2010, 3:59 PM

I don't think I could handle the boredom. With luck, next week's chapter will actually have something happen in it. That or get another hilarious tangent with Loretta's thoughts on ND HE, because okay, that made me laugh myself sick.

GNzaku0023
October 21, 2010, 8:49 PM
I haven't read too much of seed vs. astray, but i really did love some of the mobile suit designs that came out of it and I would like to see it get made into an anime.

SilverFrameAstray
October 21, 2010, 9:12 PM
I've only read what I could in Borders. It's pretty good. Regen Duel and Hail Buster forever.

GNzaku0023
October 21, 2010, 9:19 PM
I really want a Blu Duel kit. It's my fav out of the Duel gundam line. Hey buddy....christmas present much??? *hinthinthint*

SilverFrameAstray
October 21, 2010, 9:31 PM
Hahahaha, yeah dude. Fine but only if you get me a Hail Buster.
You still owe me that gold God for the gyarados.

GNzaku0023
October 21, 2010, 10:01 PM
We do not talk about Pokemon on a gundam related forum, and I might have to give u that gyarados back....

SilverFrameAstray
October 21, 2010, 10:06 PM
Ahurp, two things. That pokemon card is directly related to the topic at hand, and why?

Zeta-G
October 21, 2010, 11:08 PM
Pokemon? Seriously? I can understand the appeal of the main video game series, but the card game? Meh. I'd like to add that I'd really like it if we could get the Gundam vs Ideon manga animated; just for kicks of course, since it is strictly considered non-canon by Sunrise. An animated Gaia Gear would be nice too, if only to retconned G-Saviour out of existence...

SilverFrameAstray
October 21, 2010, 11:20 PM
Anything and Everything with Pokemon and Gundam man. Grew up with both of them.

taichara
October 21, 2010, 11:55 PM

I don't think I could handle the boredom. With luck, next week's chapter will actually have something happen in it. That or get another hilarious tangent with Loretta's thoughts on ND HE, because okay, that made me laugh myself sick.

Seconded, especially (most especially!) the Loretta bit. If we have to continue to be slain by boredom let it at least be amusing boredom.

On the what-would-I-have-animated end of things, give me 00P before 00F by a landslide. Hn, and/or any Astray excepting Delta and VS.

Skittles
October 22, 2010, 12:10 AM
Seconded, especially (most especially!) the Loretta bit. If we have to continue to be slain by boredom let it at least be amusing boredom.

On the what-would-I-have-animated end of things, give me 00P before 00F by a landslide. Hn, and/or any Astray excepting Delta and VS.

But Delta means more Sven as an added bonus to a grumpy Martian.

Zeta
January 29, 2011, 3:05 AM
Personally I want to see a Crossbone Gundam anime adaption. Here's what I'd do:

Remake the F91 movie into the series it should have been.
Then follow that up with Crossbone Gundam. The one-shot Skullheart should be a movie as it was a one-shot. The Steal 7 should be an OVA as it only had tree volumes. That's just what I'd do.

squeam
January 29, 2011, 8:17 AM
It would be great to see F91 made into a proper series, as I thought it had a lot to offer. And Crossbone NEEDS to be animated in some way, any way.

Zeta-G
January 29, 2011, 2:04 PM
It would be great to see F91 made into a proper series, as I thoughtit had a lot to offer. And Crossbone NEEDS to be animated in some way, any way.
This. More animation about the Formula Wars would be awesome!

AlyssMajere
December 10, 2011, 11:43 PM
I would say Gundam Origins but they are already making an anime TV series of it. I think Crossbone or Gundam Wing: Episode Zero