PDA

View Full Version : I really don't get Char Aznable.

zarus
November 21, 2012, 10:27 PM
It's easy to understand why people would kill over, I dunno, genocide or oppression or something, but why would he try to exterminate the human race just because they aren't moving into space fast enough?

Zechs36
November 21, 2012, 11:04 PM
Char himself is a Spacenoid so he believes that everyone who remains on Earth is a threat to it because their "souls are weighed down by gravity". Watch Zeta, Double Zeta and Char's Counterattack and you'll have a much better understanding of his motivations.

swark34
November 22, 2012, 8:00 AM
Char demonstrates his passion for following his father’s legacy, even going against the people of Zeon, refusing to follow their ideology of overturning the Federation and going so far as to fight against their forces in the final battle. The epitome of Char’s change is shown in episode 37 of the Zeta series when Char delivers his speech about the need for humans to leave the Earth, so that it could be restored to its natural state. This showed that Char truly does care about the Earth, and wants to help save it, also wanting what is best for humanity, touching upon the pointlessness of humans fighting amongst themselves

zarus
November 23, 2012, 12:03 AM
There had to have been an easier way to defend the Spacenoids than by the path he chose, at least after wiping out the Titans. He wouldn't even have had to wipe out Jaburo, taking out Earth's spaceports, which couldn't have numbered more than a dozen, would have been enough.

swark34
November 23, 2012, 2:17 AM
Nobodys perfect

Gundamswag
November 24, 2012, 1:50 PM
Obviously Char's noble intentions were blurred by his ego and beef with Amuro. Char was far from perfect.

swark34
December 4, 2012, 7:17 AM
Speaking of Char. One thing that i didnt get about Char in the Zeta series is that his new identy was "Quattro Bajeena". Everyone knew that he was Char. Im not a 100% sure but i think at one point he said he was Char or gave a very good indication that he was the Red Comet. Anyways if everyone knew that he was Char why keep putting up a front ?

Strejda
December 4, 2012, 12:45 PM
I though it was supposed to be just a personal thing for him, like "I'm not that guy anymore".

swark34
December 4, 2012, 1:13 PM
makes since. nvr thought of it that way