PDA

View Full Version : Those lucky Japanese... again.

NanoSpore
October 31, 2010, 10:37 AM
http://www.wowow.co.jp/anime/gundam/index.html

A 3 day gundam marathon? I'd like to buy a plane ticket please!

Zeta-G
October 31, 2010, 2:29 PM
http://www.wowow.co.jp/anime/gundam/index.html

A 3 day gundam marathon? I'd like to buy a plane ticket please!
Eh, I think I could replicate that list (minus IGLOO and swapping the 0083 series in instead of that crappy compilation of it).

NanoSpore
October 31, 2010, 8:45 PM
Not all of us are able to get a copy of all those shows. :P Besides... I'm always drawn to tv marathons even if I already have the dvds.

Zeta-G
October 31, 2010, 9:17 PM
Not all of us are able to get a copy of all those shows. :P Besides... I'm always drawn to tv marathons even if I already have the dvds.
No copies here. Only original Bandai DVDs/Blu-Rays. :D

NanoSpore
October 31, 2010, 9:40 PM

That's what I mean. :P Not copies as in rips or anything.

Zeta-G
October 31, 2010, 10:41 PM

That's what I mean. :P Not copies as in rips or anything.
I figured as much; I just wanted my meaning to be clear, since some people on this forum seem to think that rips are acceptable if one cannot afford to buy the DVDs; such people are criminals and should be reminded of it.

GNzaku0023
November 1, 2010, 12:29 PM
I would hope you are not referring to me, cause we cleared that up a long time ago. As for the japanese. Yes. Lucky, lucky, lucky. I would love to have a 3 day gundam marathon here.

Zeta-G
November 1, 2010, 1:02 PM
I would hope you are not referring to me, cause we cleared that up a long time ago. As for the japanese. Yes. Lucky, lucky, lucky. I would love to have a 3 day gundam marathon here.
I'm not. They know who they are (I can think of at least 2, maybe 3, members off the top of my head who have admitted to illegal downloads).

SilverFrameAstray
November 1, 2010, 4:04 PM
Torrenting is almost commonplace now. I turn a blind eye to it, and just generally don't care.

However, that is upsetting that they are getting a huge 72 hour marathon. I can only ever remember toonami ever playing G gundam and Wing, and now 00 is on Sy-Fy, and Turn A is coming out later, but I wish they would just play them all over again. I wish they would just bring toonami itself back (but not play Big O, that show was horrific). I just miss Tom and Giant Robot Week on Toonami.

NanoSpore
November 1, 2010, 4:15 PM
Torrenting is almost commonplace now. I turn a blind eye to it, and just generally don't care.

However, that is upsetting that they are getting a huge 72 hour marathon. I can only ever remember toonami ever playing G gundam and Wing, and now 00 is on Sy-Fy, and Turn A is coming out later, but I wish they would just play them all over again. I wish they would just bring toonami itself back (but not play Big O, that show was horrific). I just miss Tom and Giant Robot Week on Toonami.

"Bang!"

Toonami was the best thing to happen to after-school television. It's where I first met Gundam... haha.
It'd be nice if one day they could air Gundam on a weekly basis again. (I know they did 00 and Seed... but I want them all! :P)

SilverFrameAstray
November 1, 2010, 4:36 PM
I didn't know they aired SEED O~o!? Shows how much I payed attention.

I'm actually watching SEED right now along with Turn A. I watched the Astray side story before actually watching SEED. Watched Stargazer too. Oh man. I'm all out of loop.

NanoSpore
November 1, 2010, 4:41 PM

I'm actually watching SEED right now along with Turn A. I watched the Astray side story before actually watching SEED. Watched Stargazer too. Oh man. I'm all out of loop.

They aired a heavily-edited version on cartoon network. :P
I remember flipping through the channels and accidentally stumbling upon the first episode they aired. I freaked. haha.

Zeta-G
November 1, 2010, 4:46 PM

They aired a heavily-edited version on cartoon network. :P
I remember flipping through the channels and accidentally stumbling upon the first episode they aired. I freaked. haha.
Oh dear bald-headed wizard... I remember that hack job. It (combine with the lackluster first third of the show) turned me off of SEED for the longest time. What a disgraceful end for Gundam on Toonami.

GNzaku0023
November 3, 2010, 12:03 PM
Agreed. I watched a few episodes and I was like "This? This is not Gundam."
I had grown up watching Wing, (which got me into gundam) and I thought it was the best series ever, as I had not yet known about Universal Century or anything else at that time, and I saw SEED on Toonami and thought it was awful, more so than G-Gundam. (I hated G-Gundam so much, I still do)

Zeta-G
November 3, 2010, 1:35 PM
Agreed. I watched a few episodes and I was like "This? This is not Gundam."
I had grown up watching Wing, (which got me into gundam) and I thought it was the best series ever, as I had not yet known about Universal Century or anything else at that time, and I saw SEED on Toonami and thought it was awful, more so than G-Gundam. (I hated G-Gundam so much, I still do)
What's with the G Gundam hate? You do know that it is intended to be a parody (for lack of a better word) of everything Universal Century Gundam was, right? (It was the first AU, the first Gundam show developed after Bandai bought Sunrise, and the 15th anniversary series).
I'm not saying that you have to like it; I'm just pointing out that it was never intended to be a traditional Gundam show.

GNzaku0023
November 3, 2010, 1:52 PM
I actually didn't know it was supposed to be a parody, but regardless, I still hate it. There were all of three MS designs I liked, and those were Shining, God, and Shadow/Speigle Gundams. I hated EVERY character, hated every aspect of the story, and well...just hated. Pure dang nasty herpaderp hatred.

squeam
November 3, 2010, 4:55 PM
Now, hold up a bit. I can understand not liking G-Gundam; I don't like it. But you can only find THREE suits you liked?! C'mon, even a jaded UC'er or hopelessly devoted SEEDling or Wing-nut can scrape up more than Mobie Fighters to appreciate. ;)

Zeta-G
November 3, 2010, 5:15 PM
Now, hold up a bit. I can understand not liking G-Gundam; I don't like it. But you can only find THREE suits you liked?! C'mon, even a jaded UC'er or hopelessly devoted SEEDling or Wing-nut can scrape up more than Mobie Fighters to appreciate. ;)
I'm fond of the Rose and Master Gundams myself.

SilverFrameAstray
November 3, 2010, 5:52 PM
God was amazing
Shining was cool, not better than God/Burning
Master Gundam was a beast
Shadow is pretty sweet
Pharoh looks cool
Rose wasn't bad
Nobel was amazing, can actually make a feminine suit
Magnat, those shoulders!
Rising Gundam
nobusshi suit was awesome
Devil Gundam, for the sheer amount of detail in that

aaaaand the shuffle alliance card bit was nice too.

Domon ftw.

Zeta-G
November 3, 2010, 6:07 PM
God was amazing
Shining was cool, not better than God/Burning
Master Gundam was a beast
Shadow is pretty sweet
Pharoh looks cool
Rose wasn't bad
Nobel was amazing, can actually make a feminine suit
Magnat, those shoulders!
Rising Gundam
nobusshi suit was awesome
Devil Gundam, for the sheer amount of detail in that

aaaaand the shuffle alliance card bit was nice too.

Domon ftw.

I loved God, Devil, Spiegal, Shining, Rising, and Nobel. I think Shining > God, myself.

SilverFrameAstray
November 3, 2010, 7:50 PM
I'm the other way around with it. They're relative in design, but I love God just a bit more. I love Master Gundam's massive v-fin.

NanoSpore
November 4, 2010, 12:44 PM
Not a huge fan of G Gundam either... and I've seen the whole thing.

But don't forget this guy!

SilverFrameAstray
November 4, 2010, 2:37 PM
I want a 1/60 PG NetherGundam O~o!

GNzaku0023
November 10, 2010, 8:58 PM
That's just....not even. Seriously though if we had a 3 day marathon of Gundam, I would say to everyone I'm busy those three days, buy a crap ton of mt dew and easy mac/microwave mashed potatoes, invite a ton of gundam friends over, and lock myself in the basement...... after those three days I'd go for a 3 day run....

Zeta-G
November 10, 2010, 9:10 PM
That's just....not even. Seriously though if we had a 3 day marathon of Gundam, I would say to everyone I'm busy those three days, buy a crap ton of mt dew and easy mac/microwave mashed potatoes, invite a ton of gundam friends over, and lock myself in the basement...... after those three days I'd go for a 3 day run....
*Does quick tally of his Gundam DVDs* I could probably pull a three day Gundam marathon off.

GNzaku0023
November 10, 2010, 11:02 PM
Wow, I've got all of Wing, Zeta, 8th MS team, and that's about it. Oh and Unicorn.

Zeta-G
November 10, 2010, 11:19 PM
All of the following: MSG Trilogy, 08th, Miller's Report, 0080, 0083, Zeta, Zeta A New Translation trilogy, CCA, F91, G, Wing, Endless Waltz, G-Saviour, SEED, SEED movies, SEED Destiny, Final Plus, and 00 Season 1.
Part of the following: MSG (3 Volumes), Unicorn (eps 1 & 2), Destiny TV movies (1, 2, & 4), and 00 Season 2 (eps 1-13).
Screw a 3 day marathon, I think I could probably pull off a weeklong marathon. 8-)

GNzaku0023
November 10, 2010, 11:21 PM
Hey zeta? When was that gundam party you mentioned again? :lol:

Zeta-G
November 10, 2010, 11:24 PM
Hey zeta? When was that gundam party you mentioned again? :lol:
Now (is watching Destiny episode 16). :)

GNzaku0023
November 10, 2010, 11:26 PM
AND YOU DIDNT INVITE ME???!!! RAGEEE!!!!!!

Lol I'm trying to convince SFA, Rondo, and ZP to have a gundam marathon with me.

Zeta-G
November 10, 2010, 11:30 PM
AND YOU DIDNT INVITE ME???!!! RAGEEE!!!!!!

Lol I'm trying to convince SFA, Rondo, and ZP to have a gundam marathon with me.
Zombie Freyr and I have Gundam marathons all the time (Destiny was the last one to get the marathon; we're both Destiny fans, despite the poor back 1/3 of the show).

I actually watched 00 S1 straight through with a different friend once (and then we watched the only part of S2 released at the time).

GNzaku0023
November 10, 2010, 11:32 PM
Most of the time I wind up watching the series by myself. I'll borrow the series from friends and just go home and watch. I watched all of 00 in a matter of two days.

Asterisk
November 11, 2010, 12:13 AM
Most of the time I wind up watching the series by myself.

You and me both. ;_; So alone.

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 12:17 AM
Most of the time I wind up watching the series by myself.

You and me both. ;_; So alone.

So very alone......

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 12:20 AM
Asterisk could watch with his Sinanju; ditto for GNZ and his Kapool. Or you could barter with your GFs.

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 12:25 PM
Oh when I visit my GF she watches 00 with me. She loves louise.

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 12:53 PM
Oh when I visit my GF she watches 00 with me. She loves louise.
You should take that as a sign. :P

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 1:09 PM
Ah we've been dating for two years, if she was gonna get a robot arm she would've done it by now.... wait you were referring to the crazy wanna-be innovator part.... oh.... lol

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 1:12 PM
Ah we've been dating for two years, if she was gonna get a robot arm she would've done it by now.... wait you were referring to the crazy wanna-be innovator part.... oh.... lol
Yes I am. Also that would make you Saji. Saji sucked. :lol:

GNzaku0023
November 11, 2010, 1:14 PM
:( I didn't like saji... he was very screamy and annoying

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 1:16 PM
:( I didn't like saji... he was very screamy and annoying
Saji was the male equivalent of Fa.

Asterisk
November 12, 2010, 7:55 AM
My wife is no fun. She doesn't watch much of anything with me unless she picks it out. She DID like Desert Punk, though.

Zeta-G
November 12, 2010, 12:01 PM
My wife is no fun. She doesn't watch much of anything with me unless she picks it out. She DID like Desert Punk, though.
Have you ever tried to barter with her (I.e. You'll watch any movie of her choosing, if she'll agree to watch any movie of your choosing)?

SilverFrameAstray
November 12, 2010, 11:14 PM
That almost seems unfair though, because you're each going to watch something you marginally aren't going to be interested in. You just have to use psychology and condition them to associate gundam with something that they like.

Trust me, oh trust me, it works.

Zeta-G
November 13, 2010, 12:20 AM
That almost seems unfair though, because you're each going to watch something you marginally aren't going to be interested in. You just have to use psychology and condition them to associate gundam with something that they like.

I find with anime (especially the mecha variety), quite a few people will refuse to watch it simply because it's animated (and therefore must be for kids... :roll: stupid Americans...). My suggestion is a good way of giving that first exposure to someone. And if you let the other person pick their movie first, and, if you really pay attention to their movie, it makes it more likely for them to do the same. Who knows? Perhaps both parties will grow to appreciate a wider range of entertainment.

SilverFrameAstray
November 14, 2010, 10:09 PM

I find with anime (especially the mecha variety), quite a few people will refuse to watch it simply because it's animated (and therefore must be for kids... :roll: stupid Americans...). My suggestion is a good way of giving that first exposure to someone. And if you let the other person pick their movie first, and, if you really pay attention to their movie, it makes it more likely for them to do the same. Who knows? Perhaps both parties will grow to appreciate a wider range of entertainment.

Which can also be exactly the case. I guess it just comes down to the two individuals. :b