PDA

View Full Version : Official Gunpla Builders Beginning G thread. SPOILERS!

NanoSpore
October 31, 2010, 1:46 AM
I was curious as to if any of you had seen an episode of this...

If not, the basic summary is this kid named Haru is inspired to build gunpla after seeing the 1/1 Gundam in Shizuoka. He buys a kit called "Beginning Gundam" and we go through watching him build it (like a pro!) and then he's able to scan it into what is basically a gundam arcade pod and battle.

I think the concept is interesting as it's something that could be potentially done right now. But I'm not a huge fan of the Beginning Gundam's design... to much geometry!
Mod Edit: Unstickied thread. Thread will be restickied in the event that the show is licensed for Western markets (for what it's worth, Unicorn and the 00 movie will be unstickied about a month after their final US releases).

Zeta-G
October 31, 2010, 1:57 AM
I was curious as to if any of you had seen an episode of this...

If not, the basic summary is this kid named Haru is inspired to build gunpla after seeing the 1/1 Gundam in Shizuoka. He buys a kit called "Beginning Gundam" and we go through watching him build it (like a pro!) and then he's able to scan it into what is basically a gundam arcade pod and battle.

I think the concept is interesting as it's something that could be potentially done right now. But I'm not a huge fan of the Beginning Gundam's design... to much geometry!
I haven't seen it, but should it get released here, I'll buy it (as I do with every Gundam show, even G Saviour *shudders*)...

NanoSpore
October 31, 2010, 2:04 AM
You can watch the first episode on youtube...

Personally, I think the animation is sub-par, but perhaps I'm just spoiled by Unicorn now. That being said, if I remember right, it's only going to be like 3 episodes or something like that.

Zeta-G
October 31, 2010, 2:09 AM
You can watch the first episode on youtube...

Personally, I think the animation is sub-par, but perhaps I'm just spoiled by Unicorn now. That being said, if I remember right, it's only going to be like 3 episodes or something like that.
It is.
(Side Note: speaking of three episode OVAs, I'd like stargazer to be brought over too).

squeam
October 31, 2010, 7:12 AM
I liked the first episode. I think its a nice way for Bandai to say "thanks" to the fans (and sell some more kits while they're at it). There were a lot of little things in the show to make GUNPLA-lovers grin. As for the MS design-I didn't care for the Beginning Gundam at first, but it has grown on me to the point that I have decided to buy it. I think it is a nice, fresh take on Gundam design and the kit itself looks to be very detailed and well articulated. And is there anything more stone cold epic than that Acguy Bear!?

Asterisk
October 31, 2010, 8:23 AM
I'm a real big fan of the Super Zaku, and Pedoguy, but Beginning Gundam....just looks like a spoof anime knock-off Gundam to me. I do really dig the beam antennae, though. That's a neat touch.

NanoSpore
October 31, 2010, 10:31 AM
I'm a real big fan of the Super Zaku, and Pedoguy, but Beginning Gundam....just looks like a spoof anime knock-off Gundam to me. I do really dig the beam antennae, though. That's a neat touch.

Exactly. I'll buy the super zaku. Maaaaybe buy the acguy. Maybe the Beginning Gundam seems a aimed toward a younger audience? Y'know... learn your triangles!

SilverFrameAstray
November 1, 2010, 1:16 AM
You have a point about the excessive polygons, but I kind of like the design. That triple beam saber deal is amazing.

Zeta-G
November 1, 2010, 2:32 AM
The triple beam saber and the beam v-vin are the only nice things about the Beginning Gundam's design that I like; maybe my opinion will change once (or if) I see the show, but not likely.

GNzaku0023
November 1, 2010, 9:59 AM
When I watched the first episode all I could think of was "Yu-Gi-Oh/Pokemon meets gundam" Certainly better than both of those, but that's all I could think lol. I do like the designs of the mobile suits, but I doubt I'm gonna watch the other two episodes.

NanoSpore
November 1, 2010, 10:47 AM
When I watched the first episode all I could think of was "Yu-Gi-Oh/Pokemon meets gundam" Certainly better than both of those, but that's all I could think lol. I do like the designs of the mobile suits, but I doubt I'm gonna watch the other two episodes.

Exactly! :lol: I did like how he was watching Turn A Gundam though.

GNzaku0023
November 1, 2010, 12:13 PM
I thought that little detail was a nice touch, and I might pick up a few kits from it, as they do look nice.

Skittles
November 1, 2010, 1:14 PM
I think it's a really fun little series. I can't wait to get my hands on that Hi-Nu... And I had fun watching for all the little things in the background, etc.

Still not entirely sold on Beginning Gundam, but after holding it the other day, I feel a certain tug. :D

GNzaku0023
November 4, 2010, 8:42 AM
Idk, I'm probably going to try and get the HiNu gundam just because it's a cheaper version of it.

NanoSpore
November 4, 2010, 12:47 PM
Idk, I'm probably going to try and get the HiNu gundam just because it's a cheaper version of it.

I thought the Hi Nu in it looked pretty cool...

GNzaku0023
November 7, 2010, 11:33 PM
Ya know, I'd like to actually see this happen. Have a gundam pod that scans our models and we get to battle in it. I think it'd be fun. We already have the Gundam Arcade pod, why not take it a step further. Maybe not scan the models, as we might not have that kind of tech yet, but enter a code that comes with the model kits and unlocks it in the game play. Idk, it'd be cool.

NanoSpore
November 11, 2010, 9:29 PM
Ya know, I'd like to actually see this happen. Have a gundam pod that scans our models and we get to battle in it. I think it'd be fun. We already have the Gundam Arcade pod, why not take it a step further. Maybe not scan the models, as we might not have that kind of tech yet, but enter a code that comes with the model kits and unlocks it in the game play. Idk, it'd be cool.

I would love that. But then it goes back to our conversation on having no money. :lol: But that actually isn't a bad idea. A lot easier to do than scanning a model kit.

Zeta-G
November 11, 2010, 9:52 PM
And only Japan would get it. :(

squeam
December 31, 2010, 10:53 PM
Watched the last episode-really cool to see so many custom kits from across the different timelines going at it.

SilverFrameAstray
January 13, 2011, 1:45 AM
Ok so here is my schpiel on this whole thing.

HOLaYCRAPWHYDOESNTTHISEXIST hnnnnnnnnng!

I mean, I know the gundam simulators exist and all, but we definitely have the technology to register what gundam you use! Hell, we use lasers to identify tire and wheel types in the shop. We can certainly do that for gunpla. Even could register color. Uggu. Japan get on it!

I liked the beginning gundam a lot actually. That and the white sazabi.

BTW, tatsu = BAMF. Totally insane while inside Super Zaku, and a total gentleman outside of the simulator.

Last bit: TOTAL RAGE! How in the hell does The O rape Red Frame?!? I am blaming the pilot on this one. Hachi could have totally overrode that stupid wrist-grabby-bullshit that The O did. Using those stupid front tassle arms. I hope you get seen by some kid with a Seravee. Teach you to use multiple limbs...you whore.

squeam
January 13, 2011, 7:19 AM
Hey!! No disrespecting The O!!

GNzaku0023
January 13, 2011, 9:58 AM
Actually, I loved that scene, if only cause it made you mad SFA. but in all honesty, I liked a lot of the custom kits that came out of the series, and it was a nice little "thank you" from bandai to all us model builders.

As for the O, I hate Paptimus, and I hate his color scheme. But I do like the black version, and whenever the kit comes out for it, I'll probably get it.

SilverFrameAstray
January 13, 2011, 11:09 AM
I hate Scirocco. I hate him, and I hate the design for The O. I just do. The black one wasn't bad looking, but still. Just opinions.

squeam
January 13, 2011, 11:39 AM
Master Paptimus shall not be spoken of abusively :cry:

He is kind of a spaz.

Zeta-G
January 13, 2011, 11:41 AM
Master Paptimus shall not be spoken of abusively :cry:

He is kind of a spaz.
Master Paptimus was a magnificent bastard. :)

SilverFrameAstray
January 15, 2011, 5:04 PM
Well Paptimus wasn't really the one piloting that custom The O.

Hmmm, interesting topic. What would you pilot in Gunpla Builders? Like one of the kits that you own.

I'm gonna go ahead and say Amatsu. Isn't built yet, but If i chose one that is completed, i'd say Astraea.

Also...when that 1/550 Big Zam showed up, it proved that scale counted. So why not use a 1/48 scale while everyone is using their 1/100's?

Asterisk
January 15, 2011, 9:40 PM
What would you pilot in Gunpla Builders? Like one of the kits that you own.

Blue Destiny Unit 3. Slight paint scheme customization. Overall, my favorite Gundam variant.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Avyrex/rsz_1rsz_sam_0007.jpg

Zeta-G
January 16, 2011, 12:42 AM
What would you pilot in Gunpla Builders? Like one of the kits that you own.
My Infinite Justice; I would also "borrow" my Kampfer's shotguns in addition to the IJ's usual arsenal.

GNzaku0023
January 16, 2011, 12:43 AM
I'd pilot my very own GNzaku, I mean seriously, Trans-Am mode on a zaku? I would kick so much ass.

Skittles
January 17, 2011, 12:55 AM
Despite not having much of a chance of 'winning', I'd love to try out some of my older customs, like my black DINN (nicknamed 'Raven', though it's not a true DINN Raven) or my Zaku-headed Astray...